No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
On/Off road E bikes #8668063
09/28/26 01:09 PM
09/28/26 01:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
De
C
coop Offline OP
trapper
coop  Offline OP
trapper
C

Joined: Dec 2006
De
Do's, don'ts, Brands, costs, etc...?

Re: On/Off road E bikes [Re: coop] #8668094
09/28/26 02:23 PM
09/28/26 02:23 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
M
midlander Online content
trapper
midlander  Online Content
trapper
M

Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
I think you get what you pay for....buy the cheapest bike and dont be surprised when the battery is toast after two years and the motor frys out. My experience has been with Bakcou mostly. They are not cheap, but have held up much better than some of my aquaintences cheaper bikes. I also suggest you go with the largest battery option available for the model you want to purchase. I use one with single wheel hub drive, never tried the all-wheel drive units...those might be real handy depending your terrain and whether you may also be using in the snow. Interested in other's thoughts on this and brand experience.

Re: On/Off road E bikes [Re: coop] #8668100
09/28/26 02:35 PM
09/28/26 02:35 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
South Ga - Almost Florida
Swamp Wolf Online happy
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Online Happy
trapper

Joined: Apr 2009
South Ga - Almost Florida
I have the black HJM Toury ($1500.) 750 watt. Rear hub drive. It is step-thru frame so I can get on without having to lean it over with a climbing stand strapped to back rack.

Have used it for 3 turkey and 3 deer seasons. I hunt in mostly flat geography and it is perfect. Great on sandy and muddy logging roads.

I added a wide rack frame to the factory back rack so a Summit climber would balance well there and strap easily. Also added Kolpin ratcheting gun holder on the front rack. Replaced factory seat with a super wide seat off Amazon.


Thank God For Your Blessings!
Taste Your Words Before You Spit Them Out!

Resource Protection Service

Re: On/Off road E bikes [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8668128
09/28/26 03:34 PM
09/28/26 03:34 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
M
midlander Online content
trapper
midlander  Online Content
trapper
M

Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
I have the black HJM Toury ($1500.) 750 watt. Rear hub drive. It is step-thru frame so I can get on without having to lean it over with a climbing stand strapped to back rack.

Have used it for 3 turkey and 3 deer seasons. I hunt in mostly flat geography and it is perfect. Great on sandy and muddy logging roads.

I added a wide rack frame to the factory back rack so a Summit climber would balance well there and strap easily. Also added Kolpin ratcheting gun holder on the front rack. Replaced factory seat with a super wide seat off Amazon.


Looks like a good sale on those right now... $1,049

Re: On/Off road E bikes [Re: coop] #8668137
09/28/26 04:13 PM
09/28/26 04:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2014
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Feb 2014
Ky
Bought mine in 2018 . ZERO issues. Best part is riding to stand you can put all your clothes on and not sweat so bad.

[Linked Image]

Re: On/Off road E bikes [Re: coop] #8668140
09/28/26 04:41 PM
09/28/26 04:41 PM
Joined: Sep 2021
Southeast Louisiana
S
Slipknot Offline
trapper
Slipknot  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Sep 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Himiway Moped style . Step Thru . Which ever one you get I strongly recommend suggest a step thru.i tied on a milk crate like JByrd has.I can set a sack of corn in it and go.

Re: On/Off road E bikes [Re: jbyrd63] #8668147
09/28/26 04:56 PM
09/28/26 04:56 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
South Ga - Almost Florida
Swamp Wolf Online happy
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Online Happy
trapper

Joined: Apr 2009
South Ga - Almost Florida
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Bought mine in 2018 . ZERO issues. Best part is riding to stand you can put all your clothes on and not sweat so bad.

[Linked Image]

Yes^^^^This is a big plus^^^


Thank God For Your Blessings!
Taste Your Words Before You Spit Them Out!

Resource Protection Service

Re: On/Off road E bikes [Re: coop] #8668397
09/29/26 11:06 AM
09/29/26 11:06 AM
Joined: May 2008
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Joined: May 2008
Mn
Silent cat not cheap but not the most expensive either, check your local laws which might dictate what’s allowed in what areas and what the regulations are about power and speed capacities ect, here if it’s 750 watts or less it’s not classed as a motor vehicle so it can be used in areas that are closed to motor vehicles which has saved me having to give up areas I like to hunt because I can’t walks in as far as I used to

Like recommended above get the highest capacity battery you can or get a spare or both which is what I did whe. I bought mine

One with a good suspension is also a good thing

One other thing get a rack made for a e-bike or better one ment for a dirt bike the ones made for regular bikes will not hold up worth spot



�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: On/Off road E bikes [Re: coop] #8668525
09/29/26 03:24 PM
09/29/26 03:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
Don't know much about what's best, but I'm noticing 4 out of 5 kids on bikes are on ebikes, so I guess they're getting cheaper. I have a customer that uses his for surf fishing, airs down the tires and runs on the beach... he can go the 6 miles to the inlet and back and have plenty of charge left...been using his for 3-4 years.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread