Lure and Bait Making


No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares


Print Thread
Hop To
Which grease for LDC #8668575
09/29/26 05:35 PM
09/29/26 05:35 PM
Joined: Aug 2020
MT
N
Nunyacreek Offline OP
trapper
Nunyacreek  Offline OP
trapper
N

Joined: Aug 2020
MT
In the past I’ve made LDC for marten by following a combo of Rich Mellon’s (trapping Inc. ) and Jeremiah Wood (trapping today) YouTube videos. Jeremiah touts the use of super-lube “food base lithium grease”
I used to buy the super live on Amazon but the packaging changed and I’m not sure which grease has the properties I want. According to what I’ve read lithium grease will not crust up like Vaseline, and emits scent more and longer in the cold.
. Can I use any relatively scent-free lithium grease? Anybody know? Thank you

Re: Which grease for LDC [Re: Nunyacreek] #8669150
10/01/26 07:58 AM
10/01/26 07:58 AM
Joined: Feb 2011
nebraska
S
scheide Offline
trapper
scheide  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Feb 2011
nebraska
I use the food base lithium grease here at my job. Comes in a tube like you use in a grease gun.

Re: Which grease for LDC [Re: Nunyacreek] #8669658
10/02/26 03:21 PM
10/02/26 03:21 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
MN
F
flathead Offline
trapper
flathead  Offline
trapper
F

Joined: Dec 2006
MN
I wouldn't dare answer that because you CAN do whatever you'd like with it.There is no law or rule saying you have to do it one way or the other. I will say there have been multiple discussions on here about that very thing. Testing yourself is best in my opinion. If you look at your Amazon account, you can just reorder the exact thing if you were happy with the results.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1