No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sciatic nerve pain #8668433
09/29/26 01:11 PM
09/29/26 01:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Ohio
C
Cooncreek II Offline OP
trapper
Cooncreek II  Offline OP
trapper
C

Joined: Dec 2012
Ohio
Any of yinz have to deal with this?
Not sure if that's what I have, going to the Dr tomorrow.
Left leg hurts like heck .

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668456
09/29/26 01:32 PM
09/29/26 01:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Joined: Dec 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Gabapentin and stretches are your friends.

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668458
09/29/26 01:34 PM
09/29/26 01:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
east central WI
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper

Joined: Oct 2009
east central WI
Deep tissue massage and a really good chiropractor fixed mine. Took several months, and still needs maintenance stretching from time to time.


"in the midst of a savage wilderness to depend entirely upon their unassisted strength and hardihood"
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668462
09/29/26 01:43 PM
09/29/26 01:43 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
kodiak alaska
O
otter3006 Offline
trapper
otter3006  Offline
trapper
O

Joined: Mar 2007
kodiak alaska
B 12 b3 wife takes ,she says helps

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668466
09/29/26 01:46 PM
09/29/26 01:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Joined: Dec 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Unless you are having a hip issue it’s probably a symptom of a back injury. Do you remember doing anything recently in the manner of straining?

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8668468
09/29/26 01:51 PM
09/29/26 01:51 PM
Joined: Mar 2020
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2020
W NY
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Gabapentin and stretches are your friends.


Im glad it worked for you but.....

Gabepentin blew me up like a balloon.

Doctors tried it twice on me.
Both times it took over a year to reverse it's negative effects.

Stretching did help immensely


NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Turtledale] #8668482
09/29/26 02:17 PM
09/29/26 02:17 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Joined: Dec 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Turtledale
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Gabapentin and stretches are your friends.


Im glad it worked for you but.....

Gabepentin blew me up like a balloon.

Doctors tried it twice on me.
Both times it took over a year to reverse it's negative effects.

Stretching did help immensely


Were you taking it as a daily regiment or just when the pain was above management?

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668499
09/29/26 02:49 PM
09/29/26 02:49 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Joined: Aug 2010
Asheville, NC
I take gabapentin and 600 mb of alpha oleic acid tablets, which are OTC at a pharmacy. Helps me. Doctor recommended. Tablets are 200 mg so I take three at a time.

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668503
09/29/26 02:54 PM
09/29/26 02:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
Sometimes stretching alone helps, long deep stretches, and something for the inflammation, Ibuprofen, aspirin, etc. heat helps too.

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668510
09/29/26 03:00 PM
09/29/26 03:00 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Interior Alaska
R
Rusty Newhouse Offline
trapper
Rusty Newhouse  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Mar 2015
Interior Alaska
Originally Posted by Cooncreek II
Any of yinz have to deal with this?
Not sure if that's what I have, going to the Dr tomorrow.
Left leg hurts like heck .

I tried everything with no results and eventually had my spin fussed which took care of the problem. I was 69 years old when I had the fusion done, that was 4 years ago.

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668515
09/29/26 03:10 PM
09/29/26 03:10 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Joined: Aug 2011
Peoria County Illinois
Dr. Michael Row on U-tube - his channel is spine care decompression. Lots of free stretches and exercises


Just passin through
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668524
09/29/26 03:24 PM
09/29/26 03:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Ohio
C
Cooncreek II Offline OP
trapper
Cooncreek II  Offline OP
trapper
C

Joined: Dec 2012
Ohio
Just got back from the barber shop, he's been dealing with it off and on for some time.
He showed me some stretches to do so I did some when I got home. Signs of relief already!
Thanks for the replies

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668551
09/29/26 04:45 PM
09/29/26 04:45 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
indiana
W
wamp Offline
trapper
wamp  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Dec 2006
indiana
Dealing with it for 18 months decided enough is enough went to doctor he ordered an MRI.
Discovered four bulging disc causing the problem.
Doctor got me on steroids cycle now trying to avoid doing any type of surgery.


"Keep your traps free"
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668569
09/29/26 05:18 PM
09/29/26 05:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Midland, MI.
Seldom Offline
trapper
Seldom  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2007
Midland, MI.
Sciatic nerve pain finished my spring beaver float trapping for good by golly! Tossing and hauling 40lbers up onto head-high vertical banks got me last spring! It hurt me bad enough that I finally said that I’m too old for that type of trapping now ( be 80 when trapping season starts this year)! Stretching up against a wall multiple times a day eased the pain considerable so I could function but i knew i was looking at the end so i sold all of my 330s, floats, & the quad/trailer! It appears to be the life-cycle of a lone trapper as I’m back where I started when I was 8 years old, trapping, rats & mink, and oh yes, otter, they’re not so heavy on the sciatic nerve! LOL


"A few want to know WHY, the majority appear to be satisfied just knowing HOW!"
Youtube Channel- SeldomFales
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668696
09/29/26 10:39 PM
09/29/26 10:39 PM
Joined: Feb 2015
Mn
R
Reaperman Offline
trapper
Reaperman  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Feb 2015
Mn
Steroid shot in the right spot. I had 2 in six month period, neither worked. Went to see a surgeon, he said no back surgery yet but said he would order a cortisone shot. I said I had 2 that didn’t work. He said this one will be in different spot. That shot hurt like crazy but that was 17 yrs ago and no pain since, good luck

Last edited by Reaperman; 09/30/26 07:23 AM.
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: k snow] #8668698
09/29/26 10:48 PM
09/29/26 10:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
Originally Posted by k snow
Deep tissue massage and a really good chiropractor fixed mine. Took several months, and still needs maintenance stretching from time to time.


… yeah chiropractor… not sure about the wolfer nation deep massage though

…. I got in a bind with my lower back …. Couldn’t stand upright… pecker went numb… not much feeling in my legs

…went to the cowboy chiropractor in town

… he jumped on my legs and made my hips pop

… I threatened to fight him and almost didn’t pay him … told him my hips ain’t the problem … my low back is

… he said give it overnight and you’ll be in here thankin me tomorrow

… he was right…. Felt like a new man the next day

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668712
09/29/26 11:24 PM
09/29/26 11:24 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2014
Central Oregon
Hook yourself up to a skinning machine for a bit


The Vink for chief moderator....night shift ...11pm- 5am best coast time zone.....Free Marty


Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668718
09/29/26 11:32 PM
09/29/26 11:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Oregon
I'm headed in for a steroid shot in the lumbar next week. Holding out hope that it preserves my ability to set 330's by hand for another season. I was diagnosed with severe spinal stenosis.

BTW, it takes a lot for my wood to get hard these days.... but from time to time I think I feel a splinter.


My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668737
09/30/26 12:16 AM
09/30/26 12:16 AM
Joined: Mar 2011
Vernal, Utah, USA
Dan Barnhurst Offline
trapper
Dan Barnhurst  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2011
Vernal, Utah, USA
My sciatic pain was awful for a year. It finally went away with my hip replacement in June. So blessed to be able to walk pain free now.


Each day is a gift. LIVE IT with gratitude.
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668811
09/30/26 07:51 AM
09/30/26 07:51 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Dec 2011
MT
Chiropractor is the man for the job. You will messing around with medical doc.


Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread