No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669840
10/02/26 11:30 PM
10/02/26 11:30 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
I did.
It only works in the city or where there are a lot of coons and a lot of traffic.
Its called the fat on the freeway set.
You smear a bucket of bacon grease in the middle of the freeway where it goes thru some good coon habitat or thru a city where there are lots of trash pandas,then early in the morning go and pick up all the dead coon.


Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669842
10/02/26 11:42 PM
10/02/26 11:42 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
… shoot I created all kinds of my own sets as a kid with the half dozen long spring traps I had

…that’s why I saved my money and bought some books lol


Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: bleeohio] #8669843
10/02/26 11:46 PM
10/02/26 11:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2024
Wisconsin
CoyoteCowboy Offline
trapper
CoyoteCowboy  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2024
Wisconsin
Originally Posted by bleeohio
Every time i think i do, i get on the stupid internet and find out it's old news, lol. I've been using ole seldoms disco set and didn't even know it.

same


I reckon so

Originally Posted by WI Outdoors
That a boy Danny!

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669848
10/03/26 12:01 AM
10/03/26 12:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
"Mr. Leavenator"
Nessmuck  Offline
"Mr. Leavenator"
N

Joined: Nov 2011
New Hampshire
I ate some asparagus the night before I went beaver trapping ..

And the next day ..I set a 330 in about 8 inches of water at a fresh

Pullout .

I then relieved myself about 2 feet behind the set.

Had a big beaver in that set the next morning.

Called the set " Simply Irresistible".


It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: Bruce T] #8669849
10/03/26 12:06 AM
10/03/26 12:06 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
40 years Alaska, now back to O...
A
alaska viking Offline
trapper
alaska viking  Offline
trapper
A

Joined: Dec 2007
40 years Alaska, now back to O...
Originally Posted by Bruce T
Yes my fisher and marten set in straight up and down tree using just Conibear,bait,lure,evergreen bows,and wire,cable

I saw that same set in a trapping video that I rented from a gun store back in the 1980s on a VCR. I tried it and mostly lost bait, no matter how dense I had the little spruce or hemlock branches covering it and the trap, just leaving the bottom open.
I have seen many renditions since, but for my money, a box out-produces it many times over.


Just doing what I want now.

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: alaska viking] #8669861
10/03/26 03:51 AM
10/03/26 03:51 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Originally Posted by alaska viking
Originally Posted by Bruce T
Yes my fisher and marten set in straight up and down tree using just Conibear,bait,lure,evergreen bows,and wire,cable

I saw that same set in a trapping video that I rented from a gun store back in the 1980s on a VCR. I tried it and mostly lost bait, no matter how dense I had the little spruce or hemlock branches covering it and the trap, just leaving the bottom open.
I have seen many renditions since, but for my money, a box out-produces it many times over.

Not if you set it right.Theres a few other tricks with the set that I make.I caught way more fisher and marten in this set over boxes.


NRA,NTA,MTA,FTA

Proud member of NTA
Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669913
10/03/26 08:41 AM
10/03/26 08:41 AM
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Set, how about traps. The guy that invented the dog proofs post comes to mind. Thats both a trap and set in my opinion. Regardless of what it is anytime I think I have a new great idea if I look hard enough I discover somone else has alleeady been doing it.

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669934
10/03/26 10:08 AM
10/03/26 10:08 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Contrary to popular belief someone has to be the inventor and ill take the credit for mine until proven otherwise. The jealous ones step aside. grin

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669936
10/03/26 10:11 AM
10/03/26 10:11 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Oh and making the same set out of different materials isnt a new set. Just means you are to tight to buy the good materials or not prepared enough to bring the right ones with u. Lol

Watch u all have to say now.

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669946
10/03/26 10:36 AM
10/03/26 10:36 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
"Mr. Leavenator"
Nessmuck  Offline
"Mr. Leavenator"
N

Joined: Nov 2011
New Hampshire
Looks like another meaning less post


It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: Nessmuck] #8669948
10/03/26 10:41 AM
10/03/26 10:41 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Looks like another meaning less post

Well darn it we only dye traps once a year and we need some filler in between so cut us some slack. Lol
Post us a pic of some bread levitating or something

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669950
10/03/26 10:43 AM
10/03/26 10:43 AM
Joined: Nov 2012
Frazee, MN
B
backroadsarcher Offline
trapper
backroadsarcher  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Nov 2012
Frazee, MN
Yes I have when the opportunity was there telling me what to do.

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669951
10/03/26 10:43 AM
10/03/26 10:43 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Nessys secret to his delicious sour dough bread is mixing in a little bondo in the flour.


Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: backroadsarcher] #8669953
10/03/26 10:47 AM
10/03/26 10:47 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas

Originally Posted by backroadsarcher
Yes I have when the opportunity was there telling me what to do.

U have to smoke something first to get the trapping gods to speak to u or rub some idols tummu grin

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: Boco] #8669955
10/03/26 10:47 AM
10/03/26 10:47 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Boco
Nessys secret to his delicious sour dough bread is mixing in a little bondo in the flour.

Makes it look good in the pics doesn't it

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: Yes sir] #8669970
10/03/26 11:27 AM
10/03/26 11:27 AM
Joined: Nov 2012
Frazee, MN
B
backroadsarcher Offline
trapper
backroadsarcher  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Nov 2012
Frazee, MN
Originally Posted by Yes sir

Originally Posted by backroadsarcher
Yes I have when the opportunity was there telling me what to do.

U have to smoke something first to get the trapping gods to speak to u or rub some idols tummu grin

What, you telling me you don't have voices in your head? grin

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669973
10/03/26 11:38 AM
10/03/26 11:38 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Yes but mine dont help me trap..... mostly help me harass wolfie and bruce

Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: Boco] #8669975
10/03/26 11:38 AM
10/03/26 11:38 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Originally Posted by Boco
Nessys secret to his delicious sour dough bread is mixing in a little bondo in the flour.

grin


NRA,NTA,MTA,FTA

Proud member of NTA
Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: Yes sir] #8669977
10/03/26 11:41 AM
10/03/26 11:41 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Originally Posted by Yes sir

Originally Posted by backroadsarcher
Yes I have when the opportunity was there telling me what to do.

U have to smoke something first to get the trapping gods to speak to u or rub some idols tummu grin

Not going to happen to me then as I’m not doing either
grin


NRA,NTA,MTA,FTA

Proud member of NTA
Re: Ever created your own set? [Re: foxkidd44] #8669978
10/03/26 11:42 AM
10/03/26 11:42 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Have to ask 330 if smoking has helped her trapping

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread