ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)






Print Thread
Hop To
de-oderizing #8669852
10/03/26 12:25 AM
10/03/26 12:25 AM
Joined: Oct 2023
OR
W
wws Offline OP
trapper
wws  Offline OP
trapper
W

Joined: Oct 2023
OR
anyone have a good product to spray on subfloor that will take away urine smell? have a house that is being flipped that has a terrible cat pee smell.

thanks
Western Wildlife Services

Re: de-oderizing [Re: wws] #8669881
10/03/26 07:36 AM
10/03/26 07:36 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
There's a DIY mix using peroxide as one of the ingredients, I'll try to find the recipe, I have it here somewhere, lol.

but it claims to eliminate any and all odors.

Found it on the first try!

for 1 gallon plus

1 gallon 3% peroxide
1 cup baking soda, 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup Lysol....

cannot be stored. I've used the peroxide/baking soda mix alone for recent urine odors on a gravel dog yard and it worked ok, the full version of the formula is supposed to work on old odors, but I never used that version...can't hurt to try it.... for a small test amount, use 1 cup peroxide, with 2 teaspoons each of the other ingredients....If you try it, let me know how it worked for you...good luck.

Last edited by gcs; 10/03/26 07:54 AM.
Re: de-oderizing [Re: wws] #8670021
10/03/26 01:59 PM
10/03/26 01:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
40 years Alaska, now back to O...
A
alaska viking Offline
trapper
alaska viking  Offline
trapper
A

Joined: Dec 2007
40 years Alaska, now back to O...
Best is to roll on KILZ, oil-based primer, let dry, and apply new flooring. Did dozens of sub-floors this way. Sometimes whole houses, in my previous life as a contractor.


Just doing what I want now.

Re: de-oderizing [Re: wws] #8670174
10/03/26 07:57 PM
10/03/26 07:57 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Joined: Oct 2011
Schenectady, NY
I’ve had back a zap do a good job. It neutralizes the odor. But you’re probably going to have to buy a layer of BIN primer over it.

Best solution is to remove the wood.

Re: de-oderizing [Re: wws] #8670366
10/04/26 11:46 AM
10/04/26 11:46 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
40 years Alaska, now back to O...
A
alaska viking Offline
trapper
alaska viking  Offline
trapper
A

Joined: Dec 2007
40 years Alaska, now back to O...
Yep, B.I.N. or OIL BASED Kilz. The water-based Kilz is worthless.


Just doing what I want now.

Re: de-oderizing [Re: wws] #8670982
12 hours ago
12 hours ago
Joined: Oct 2023
OR
W
wws Offline OP
trapper
wws  Offline OP
trapper
W

Joined: Oct 2023
OR
Thanks, I’ll give it a shot. Gcs I’ll keep you posted.house is pretty bad, guy died in it,he was so big they had to cut an exterior wall to get him out. Was also a hoarder so that didn’t help any.

wws

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread




Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1