No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8670970
10/05/26 10:37 PM
10/05/26 10:37 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
40 years Alaska, now back to O...
A
alaska viking Offline
trapper
alaska viking  Offline
trapper
A

Joined: Dec 2007
40 years Alaska, now back to O...
Save your $50 and get closer. For around $200 you can find some bargains, and Vortex are one of them.


Just doing what I want now.

Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8670973
10/05/26 10:52 PM
10/05/26 10:52 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Sep 2013
Green County Wisconsin
10 power is about as much as a person can hold still enough to use
if you shake a little 8x is steadier.


depending on your use like are you carrying them , how far you are carrying them comes into play with objective size

8 or 10 first number X 40 to 50 second number are good users for most things

Nikon or Vortex are decent value for the price.


50 dollars will buy you foggy junk
130 with a good sale you start to be able to see decent

Ideally go someplace that has a good selection and a big store , find something you can read , Ideally you would print off a test sheet and tape it up across the store and test them head to head standing at the counter , going and finding a box you can see from the counter that is a good distance across the store works.


America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8670993
10/06/26 05:32 AM
10/06/26 05:32 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2008
USA MN
Have a set of Steiners 15X80 had them refurbished twice but now they seem dark and need to be refurbished again


Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8670994
10/06/26 05:40 AM
10/06/26 05:40 AM
Joined: Mar 2017
up state ny
7
7887mm08 Offline
trapper
7887mm08  Offline
trapper
7

Joined: Mar 2017
up state ny
For general all around use i like 6-8 power max. they weigh less and have a wider field of view.

Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671030
10/06/26 07:28 AM
10/06/26 07:28 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Joined: Aug 2010
Asheville, NC
I have a Leopold and a German pair. Each were just north of $400. Don’t regret it one moment. My partner has a pair of Lica that are sweet. I think they are too heavy to carry but great in a deer stand. Hard to justify
They are range finding also.

Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671098
10/06/26 10:06 AM
10/06/26 10:06 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Ames, IA
MikeTraps2 Offline
trapper
MikeTraps2  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Ames, IA
ALPEN get on eBay very very good and reasonable


Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671108
10/06/26 10:35 AM
10/06/26 10:35 AM
Joined: May 2019
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: May 2019
Saskatchewan
I believe Vortex are a good buy, they're decent mid range optics and the lifetime warranty makes them the one for me,

Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671140
10/06/26 12:35 PM
10/06/26 12:35 PM
Joined: Apr 2014
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

Joined: Apr 2014
MO
Vortex for price and value.


I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Binoculars [Re: rvsask] #8671218
10/06/26 06:30 PM
10/06/26 06:30 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

Joined: Aug 2008
ny
Originally Posted by rvsask
I believe Vortex are a good buy, they're decent mid range optics and the lifetime warranty makes them the one for me,

You and I agreed on something.We should jot this date down. grin


the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671260
10/06/26 08:19 PM
10/06/26 08:19 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
N. Dakota
1
1lessdog Offline
trapper
1lessdog  Offline
trapper
1

Joined: Feb 2007
N. Dakota
You gets what you pay for. I have had 3 sets of Vortex shake a part on my dash. I have a set setting on the dash of all 3 pickups. They ride there year round. If they can't stay together riding on the dash there not good enough for me.

I have Very nice STEINER Predator 12 x 50 made in Germany. Lens are clear and clean. Have seen very little use. Come with end cups and neck strap. These are the High Contrast.

I wear glasses all the time now, and don't like having to remove my glasses to see properly.

500.00 SHIPPED

Screenshot_20261003-153101_Gallery.jpg
Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671326
10/06/26 10:16 PM
10/06/26 10:16 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Oct 2011
Idaho
I ran a pair of Steiner Nighthunter 10x50s for years. Best light gathering binos I've ever used. Big and heavy, but man did they gather the light! They haven't been made in a long time, and I had the eye piece come off them last year and disappear. First week of elk season, while I was guiding. Ended up taping some cardboard around them to make a temporary eyepiece and finish out the hunt, then went and bought me a new pair of Vortex Razors on my day off because I needed binoculars now, for the next hunt. They are nice binos, I'd used them before and knew I liked them. Much nicer to pack than my old Steiners, and clear, with pretty good light gathering, but not as good as the Nighthunters. If I'd had more time I'd did some more research and possibly bought something different, but I needed something right away. Unfortunately Steiner sold out a few years back, and they don't honor the warranty on anything made before they sold, so all the good, old Steiners, no longer have a warranty.

Was never that impressed with the Predators myself, They do really make the reds and browns pop, make those deer stand out. But they do it at the cost of light gathering, I got a good 20 minutes more (at least), morning and evening with my Nighthunters than I could get with Predators.

But all these are way out of his stated price range.

Re: Binoculars [Re: cfowler] #8671331
10/06/26 10:20 PM
10/06/26 10:20 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
South Ga - Almost Florida
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper

Joined: Apr 2009
South Ga - Almost Florida
Originally Posted by cfowler
Vortex for price and value.

This^^^^

And their warranty. Can't be beat.

I just bought the Diamondback HD 10x42. BassPro had them for $169. Regular price was $250. I'm impressed with the clarity and durability.


Thank God For Your Blessings!
Taste Your Words Before You Spit Them Out!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671351
Yesterday at 12:30 AM
Yesterday at 12:30 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
S
Sask hunter Offline
trapper
Sask hunter  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Nov 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
I like my maven b6’s

Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671422
Yesterday at 09:17 AM
Yesterday at 09:17 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2008
Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by Newt
Looking for used. I dont need and thing expensive
$50.00

Wow, can't really help you there.
You won't be happy with any $50 bino.


"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Binoculars [Re: upstateNY] #8671423
Yesterday at 09:21 AM
Yesterday at 09:21 AM
Joined: May 2019
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: May 2019
Saskatchewan
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by rvsask
I believe Vortex are a good buy, they're decent mid range optics and the lifetime warranty makes them the one for me,

You and I agreed on something.We should jot this date down. grin

I suspect if it were all really mashed out, we’d agree on more than this one thing. Lol

Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671432
Yesterday at 09:33 AM
Yesterday at 09:33 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

Joined: Aug 2008
ny
^^^^ LOL,,I think your right. smile


the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671493
Yesterday at 12:06 PM
Yesterday at 12:06 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Carroll County Va
R
red webb Offline
trapper
red webb  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Jan 2008
Carroll County Va
Wally world has them 50 to 79 if that all you need go for it.

Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671503
Yesterday at 12:33 PM
Yesterday at 12:33 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
AR
P
Preacherman Les Offline
trapper
Preacherman Les  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Dec 2006
AR
How far are you wanting to see? How much detail? Mid-day or twilight? Use just for a look-see or use a lot?

Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671508
Yesterday at 01:02 PM
Yesterday at 01:02 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jul 2013
Amite county Mississippi
dad got a pair from harbor freight he liked .
think most of the ones the captains out here use are Bushnells


YouTube expert
"The bird of Hermes is my name , eating my wings to keep me tame"
Re: Binoculars [Re: Newt] #8671519
Yesterday at 01:32 PM
Yesterday at 01:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Sep 2013
Green County Wisconsin
if you want to find 50 dollar good binos , you need a divorce lawyer friend , if you can be friendly with such a creature as a divorce lawyer.

yup you need a bunch of angry soon to be X wives willing to sell his stuff for what he said he paid for it and you need to have a stack of 50s and 100s in your hand ready to collect it all up.


America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread