ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#6256288 - 06/08/18 01:41 PM Checking mole traps
Okiecntry Offline
trapper

Loc: East OK & West AR
I've been catching moles in my own yard the last couple year but plan to do some ADC work when I retire from my office job. Anyway, I mostly use OOS traps and love when I see the jaws open on top I know they are closed on a mole underneath. Since this is in my own yard I can walk around and check them two or three times a day. I do set a few moleinators and usually let them set for the weekend and pull them before heading to work Monday morning.

My questions are for you guys that set them out on paying jobs.

How often to you check your mole traps? Next day then every other day?

How long do you let them set in one spot before you move them?

As far as moleinators or NoMols do you have any luck checking them and leaving them or are you pulling as you check them?

Thanks!

#6256456 - 06/08/18 07:09 PM Re: Checking mole traps [Re: Okiecntry]
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper

Loc: Schenectady, NY
As I'm sure you've noticed, if you're going to catch a mole, it'll be within a day or 2 at most. But you run into scheduling issues if you return to a house every day. And the moles don't care if they are released in a few days. I visit once a week.

#6256469 - 06/08/18 07:33 PM Re: Checking mole traps [Re: Okiecntry]
Getting There Offline
trapper

Loc: West Michigan
First ck, 3 days, Sec. ck, 4-5 days. No more than 5. I reset all traps on the first round, if there is no signs of mole on the sec. round I remove them, If I catch a mole or the mole trips or digs around the trap I will reset.

#6261969 - Yesterday at 12:04 AM Re: Checking mole traps [Re: Okiecntry]
TRapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Central IA
We have run as much as 109 mole stops in a week this year...average of 4 traps per yard. We check once a week