No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6272530
07/04/18 01:45 PM
07/04/18 01:45 PM
Manitoba
M
Mbcoyote Offline
trapper
Mbcoyote  Offline
trapper
M

Manitoba
*Twitch

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6272531
07/04/18 01:46 PM
07/04/18 01:46 PM
Manitoba
M
Mbcoyote Offline
trapper
Mbcoyote  Offline
trapper
M

Manitoba
*Twitch

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6272533
07/04/18 01:47 PM
07/04/18 01:47 PM
Southern Michigan
T
trappergbus Offline
trapper
trappergbus  Offline
trapper
T

Southern Michigan
If I have a coyote that grades heavy right with the westerns and I do have a few, what will the certified source be? By grade or state??

Common sense catches alot of fur..
Pay homage to all you harvest..
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6272535
07/04/18 01:49 PM
07/04/18 01:49 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Quote:
It is all certified + traceable garments from Europe and Russia.Nothing from North America,because our product is not yet c+t labelled.

Boco do you really believe that the Russians aren't cheating by saying their stuff is "certified & traceable"...? There IS a difference between free nations and autocratic ones where the gov or in Russia's case the gov and its sanctioned mafia on how things play out. Have you ever heard of "Potemkin villages"...? Maybe you should take a course in Russian history. They may have some saps from the EU follow them around but that doesn't mean its reality compared to free trappers in the US and Canada obeying regs. If your high-fashion fur buyers in Saks, the Bay etc. believe the Russians are actually really doing everything "humanely", then I guess they can live with the fantasies in their heads.

There was a well known American showman named P.T. Barnum judged the overall human population by a quote that said, "There's a sucker born every minute..."

Happy Independence Day, USA!!!

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: Boco] #6272537
07/04/18 01:53 PM
07/04/18 01:53 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
Originally Posted By: Boco
Yes they do,they are under the AIHTS agreement like Canada,and they have gone to C+T already.Their incentive was to stop smuggling and tax avoidance.
If you believe that I got a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you. They singed a piece of paper to get their fur OK'ed. Humane trapping standards, come on, they can't even be humane to their own people

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: Mbcoyote] #6272539
07/04/18 01:54 PM
07/04/18 01:54 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
Originally Posted By: Mbcoyote
I have been trapping coyote with rams for years. And let me tell you, shyte happens as well! I got 1 last year that tangled the ram up and got slack on the snare and lived quite a while. A hip caught one last year was not a pretty sight, messy catch circle.95 percent are dead, I've had two drop on the spot, not a Reich made, no mark in the snow. But about once a year it happens if u trap enough. I personally think our province quickly made the ram the only legal device simply to appease the antis, to heck with the trappers opinion, and his ability to use his tools humanely and just use common sense. I have used senneker snares as well and they put big dogs down fast. Yet they are illegal without a permit. What we use here is dictated by people who never even see a trap set. It makes no sense, they should let the trappers, who have the experience, decide what is ethical, at least to some degree.
...x2 I agree....boco claims it was not done to appease the antis up north though.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: wallfur] #6272550
07/04/18 02:05 PM
07/04/18 02:05 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted By: wallfur
consumer smoke screen .....same one they are pushing with organic food products lol

True. There is all kinds of stuff labeled "non-GMO" that has never been close to being genetically modified. Putting that label on makes stupid people feel better, I guess.
CG wants the same effect for their products, but at no cost or risk to them, of course.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6272558
07/04/18 02:11 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
From what I was told by a CG rep the fur is the last step. They have checked farms where they get the down. They have checked the material manufactures to make sure that there is no slave or child labor, they have checked the zipper manufacture. CG is driving the coyote market from what I am told. I don't think CG wants to rewrite every states trapping regs. To start with they can't, any more than a trapping association can tell me who can or can't ride on my line for what ever reason. They can both suggest, and request, but that's it. I feel this is going to happen with or without you.
Look at how much fur LL Bean has in its catalog now. I know a buyer that lost the sale of 1000's of coyotes a year over that "tell them to pound sand" deal.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: Mbcoyote] #6272559
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted By: Mbcoyote
I have been trapping coyote with rams for years. And let me tell you, shyte happens as well! I got 1 last year that tangled the ram up and got slack on the snare and lived quite a while. A hip caught one last year was not a pretty sight, messy catch circle.95 percent are dead, I've had two drop on the spot, not a Reich made, no mark in the snow. But about once a year it happens if u trap enough. I personally think our province quickly made the ram the only legal device simply to appease the antis, to heck with the trappers opinion, and his ability to use his tools humanely and just use common sense. I have used senneker snares as well and they put big dogs down fast. Yet they are illegal without a permit. What we use here is dictated by people who never even see a trap set. It makes no sense, they should let the trappers, who have the experience, decide what is ethical, at least to some degree.

Your the first Canadian making sense of this matter. Why anyone, even Boco who is infallible, would invite scrutiny of their trapping is hard to understand.

CG know exactly what and how we do what we do, there is no good to become of this. And it may not be us in the U.S. that pay the price, contrary to what some believe.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: MJM] #6272564
07/04/18 02:15 PM
07/04/18 02:15 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted By: MJM
From what I was told by a CG rep the fur is the last step. They have checked farms where they get the down. They have checked the material manufactures to make sure that there is no slave or child labor, they have checked the zipper manufacture. CG is driving the coyote market from what I am told. I don't think CG wants to rewrite every states trapping regs. To start with they can't, any more than a trapping association can tell me who can or can't ride on my line for what ever reason. They can both suggest, and request, but that's it. I feel this is going to happen with or without you.
Look at how much fur LL Bean has in its catalog now. I know a buyer that lost the sale of 1000's of coyotes a year over that "tell them to pound sand" deal.

I'd shake that fur buyers hand for standing his ground. Not many people have the nads to do that anymore.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: teepee2] #6272570
07/04/18 02:17 PM
07/04/18 02:17 PM
S. Texas
T
Txcoonman Offline
trapper
Txcoonman  Offline
trapper
T

S. Texas
Originally Posted By: teepee2
If you people think for one minute that CG is going to pay a higher price for "traceable" coyotes you are fooling yourself. They are a business they won't pay one penny more for a skin than they have to. If they are the only ones bidding on these "traceable" coyotes they will go cheap. I haven't seen where they have bought a top lot to this date. Think about it if they had to have "traceable" fur to satisfy their customers they wouldn't have sold as many fur trimmed garments as they have already. They are trying to satisfy the antis, which is impossible. A better approach would be to market their product as a environmentally sound, renewable resource.

My thoughts as well, those lots will be separated into a totally different catalog of traceable fur, there will be the same quality of untraceable fur just in another catalog. You will loose competition on the auction floor and will see a significant price drop

Texas fur and skull buyer
Greg Novak
Gnovakswa@gmail.com
361-793-6706
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6272577
07/04/18 02:23 PM
07/04/18 02:23 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
It sounds as though Idaho may already be on board with this.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: hippie] #6272579
07/04/18 02:30 PM
07/04/18 02:30 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
Originally Posted By: hippie

I'd shake that fur buyers hand for standing his ground. Not many people have the nads to do that anymore.
.....x2...if all buyers should take that stand....rather than hide behind a smoke screen and just tell them what they want to hear.

Last edited by wallfur; 07/04/18 02:31 PM.
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6272586
07/04/18 02:36 PM
07/04/18 02:36 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
MB,100% is not required for a device to pass the standard,because everyone knows shite happens,that is not an issue.Read it.(95 % is well within the standard)

Last edited by Boco; 07/04/18 02:37 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6272590
07/04/18 02:39 PM
07/04/18 02:39 PM
Illinois
ringtailtrapper Offline
trapper
ringtailtrapper  Offline
trapper

Illinois
I say boycott the auction houses that push this, and boycott trapping coyotes altogether. If you trap coyotes, and sell them to CG, then you have no spine. mad mad Do it for your fellow trapper, and the future of trapping as a whole.

RTT

For Sale, Quality Racing Possums
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: Txcoonman] #6272591
07/04/18 02:44 PM
07/04/18 02:44 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
Originally Posted By: Txcoonman
Originally Posted By: teepee2
If you people think for one minute that CG is going to pay a higher price for "traceable" coyotes you are fooling yourself. They are a business they won't pay one penny more for a skin than they have to. If they are the only ones bidding on these "traceable" coyotes they will go cheap. I haven't seen where they have bought a top lot to this date. Think about it if they had to have "traceable" fur to satisfy their customers they wouldn't have sold as many fur trimmed garments as they have already. They are trying to satisfy the antis, which is impossible. A better approach would be to market their product as a environmentally sound, renewable resource.

My thoughts as well, those lots will be separated into a totally different catalog of traceable fur, there will be the same quality of untraceable fur just in another catalog. You will loose competition on the auction floor and will see a significant price drop

Do you think CG would be the only one aloud to bid on the traceable fur, because it was what they wanted? I think most of you have no idea what is wanted. How can you say what you will do with out knowing what they want. How many of you have spoke to anyone from CG? Would you sign paper work saying you fur was taken following your states humane trapping regs?

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6272596
07/04/18 02:52 PM
07/04/18 02:52 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
CG wants what the consumer wants they can careless about common sense or what the trappers want and have to go through...all this for a consumer fashion trend that will probably change within a year or to? most of this crap comes from EU nations and Europe that consume very little fur compared to other countries that can careless about C and T..

Last edited by wallfur; 07/04/18 03:02 PM.
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: MJM] #6272604
07/04/18 03:10 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content OP
trapper

Oakland, MS

I think most of you have no idea what is wanted. How can you say what you will do with out knowing what they want. How many of you have spoke to anyone from CG? Would you sign paper work saying you fur was taken following your states humane trapping regs?

I think most of us are basing our thoughts on what Canada Goose told the NTA president they wanted. Unless you're suggesting his report on the issue is inaccurate?

When we sign our trapping license, aren't we already signing a paper agreeing to harvest the animals by our state trapping regulations?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: MJM] #6272605
Illinois
ringtailtrapper Offline
trapper
ringtailtrapper  Offline
trapper

Illinois
[/quote]
Do you think CG would be the only one aloud to bid on the traceable fur, because it was what they wanted? I think most of you have no idea what is wanted. How can you say what you will do with out knowing what they want. How many of you have spoke to anyone from CG? Would you sign paper work saying you fur was taken following your states humane trapping regs? [/quote]

Mark, yes there could maybe more companies wanting traceability, but CG is leading the charge, and there is reasoning behind that move as well. It would be nice for CG if they could pull this off, they would be know as an innovator within the industry, and a better perception with the publics eye. Mark, this will leave us hobbled, and regulated in the long run, and when the trend is over they will be gone. As to the question you posted about state humane regulations, well most states already have trapper education, and yes every time I purchase a license, then I already agree to terms, and regulations set forth within my state. The real question is if I have already done all that, then why does CG need more ?? You see Mark it will never be enough, and after certification there will be something new come along to limit even more numbers of trappers, or their goods. This is not the first time this issues has come up Mark, just after 87 the same BS showed its ugly head.

RTT

For Sale, Quality Racing Possums
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: wallfur] #6272610
07/04/18 03:16 PM
07/04/18 03:16 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
MJM, I think what is wanted is coyotes. It is obvious buy the prices that people are paying for them. For CG to infer that they will pay a higher price for "certified traceable" fur is disingenuous, only if they have some one to bid against them will this happen. As far as signing a paper as to the humane harvest, where does roadkill come in. I'm not trying to be a smart A, the best coyote a sold last year I picked up off the road. How do I certify that?

Last edited by teepee2; 07/04/18 03:21 PM.
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread