Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
Bait ingredients #6295804
08/06/18 03:32 PM
08/06/18 03:32 PM
Southern Indiana
H
Hoosier71 Offline OP
trapper
Hoosier71  Offline OP
trapper
H

Southern Indiana
I bought Mr Dobbins' Bait Solution and am now try to come up with the meat for bait. I just killed a groundhog the dog had treed in the yard, I am hoping my son or I will get a couple of early October deer and am trapping a few mice. My question is, could I mix a little groundhog, deer liver, deer scraps and mice all into one bait for the Bait Solution or should they be kept separate?

Also, I threw the groundhog in the freezer whole. I assume you just skin and debone and just use the meat?

Re: Bait ingredients [Re: Hoosier71] #6295829
08/06/18 04:07 PM
08/06/18 04:07 PM
Oscoda, Michigan
J
John-Chagnon Offline
trapper
John-Chagnon  Offline
trapper
J

Oscoda, Michigan
That is a good Bait Solution, and any combination of your chosen bait ingredients will be fine. I would taint it for 2 weeks or so, but make sure to keep flies out until you put the final SB.

Last edited by John-Chagnon; 08/06/18 04:07 PM.
Re: Bait ingredients [Re: Hoosier71] #6296917
08/08/18 12:06 AM
08/08/18 12:06 AM
N.C MO
T
TONY.F Offline
trapper
TONY.F  Offline
trapper
T

N.C MO
Originally Posted By: Hoosier71
I bought Mr Dobbins' Bait Solution and am now try to come up with the meat for bait. I just killed a groundhog the dog had treed in the yard, I am hoping my son or I will get a couple of early October deer and am trapping a few mice. My question is, could I mix a little groundhog, deer liver, deer scraps and mice all into one bait for the Bait Solution or should they be kept separate?

Also, I threw the groundhog in the freezer whole. I assume you just skin and debone and just use the meat?
Yes any combination of meats will work, as bob stated before do each meat differently then blend for a different response

LIVE LIFE LIKE THEIR IS NO TOMMORROW
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91