This was the only review on the site.
Wcp #3 dogless
Jeffa (Sw ok) 7/30/2018 9:55 PM
I just received the dozen #3 dogless traps I ordered. First off, they are heavily built. The jaws and frame appear thicker than the bridger #3 traps. I will use the bridger trap as a comparison. The wcp dogless trap is NOT a use it as it comes from the box trap. The jaw edges are really sharp and must be filed. Most of the j hooks weren’t shut all the way, and the chain looks like the links aren’t welded. The jaw tips on the wcp traps don’t stick out as far as they do on the bridger traps. About half of the tits on the bottom of the jaws are too high to hold the lever down, and the loose jaw is just above level. The springs on the wcp traps feel stronger than the bridger springs. It took me a couple hours with a file to round the inside of the jaws to my satisfaction. I will outside laminate and baseplate the traps, as well as change out the j hooks on the chain. I will bubble tip the jaw tips as well. My primary target is coyotes, and it won’t take long to see if the chain is good enough. I prefer the dogless trigger on the wcp traps to the bridger dogless design. If buying traps that you know need worked on to work, raises your blood pressure, don’t buy the wcp traps. I really enjoy bringing out the full potential of my equipment. The work I put into the traps is a labor of love. I own several brands of #3 square jaw traps, and just about all of them had to have something done to them to make them better. Overall the quality of the wcp trap could be better, but the price would reflect that as well. I’m not disappointed with my purchase of the wcp #3 dogless. I have a near perfect coyote trap when I’m finished with the modifications to the wcp #3 dogless trap. I apologize for the long review, but I felt it was necessary.