No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pranks #6417105
01/03/19 06:46 AM
01/03/19 06:46 AM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline OP
trapper
TraderVic  Offline OP
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
I've always enjoyed a good, clever prank. Like a good cup of coffee, they are one of life's simple pleasures. Humor is so darn healthy, especially a good laugh, that it just makes the day a bit brighter. It can also be an opportunity to lighten up and laugh at ourselves when someone pulls a good prank on us.

One example goes back many years, and it happened the first week after Christmas. I was browsing through the local "shopper, Trading Post" (or whatever your neighborhood advertiser is called) and I came across this advertisement in the 'Want To Buy' column.........Wanted To Buy, used Christmas Trees, call (the prankee's phone number). So I'm sitting there studying this, wondering why anyone would want to buy used, dried out Christmas Trees and it finally dawns on me this is a prank.....and I broke out laughing. I've enjoyed this simple prank many times over. I've even considered pulling it on a few people over the years, but never have.

Yeah, well, anyway......

Enjoy the day !

Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417111
01/03/19 06:54 AM
01/03/19 06:54 AM
Blue Creek, Ohio
Hal Offline
"old windy fartbag"
Hal  Offline
"old windy fartbag"

Blue Creek, Ohio
There was a radio DJ who used to pull telephone pranks under the pseudonym "R. D. Mercer". That was funny.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
La pervenche est une tr�s belle couleur!!

Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417117
01/03/19 07:08 AM
01/03/19 07:08 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
rd mercer is still on you tube.

used xmas trees could have been real. guys here jam them into concrete blocks and make "secret" piles of them. After while they have a crappie hot spot

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417139
01/03/19 07:53 AM
01/03/19 07:53 AM
ohio
B
Buddy Norris Offline
trapper
Buddy Norris  Offline
trapper
B

ohio
A friend of mine was wanting a rooster or 2 for the farm and his hens so I took him 2 ,,,,,, he had 2 hens so I made him a present of 16 hens and told him that I did not ,,,,, Now he had a brother that always brought over unwanted chickens and turned them loose when he was gone and denied it to the hilt ,,, Merridith would say ,,, I know Ray brought them birds ,,,,,, but at this time Ray had been dead for 3 yrs ,,,,, so another mutual friend told me that something had got 1 of Merridits new Roosters ,,,,, so I catch Merridith gone and slip in a new rooster ( who was bigger but same color and a touch mean ) and he and his wife could not believe how much their rooster had grown in 5 days since they had saw him last ,,,, but still saying I saw a hawk kill that rooster behind the barn ,,, this took place over a year ago and he talks about how that rooster escaped death So brother Ray got him again

Last edited by Buddy Norris; 01/03/19 07:54 AM.
Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417148
01/03/19 08:11 AM
01/03/19 08:11 AM
Wisconsin
WisconsinCooner Offline
trapper
WisconsinCooner  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Went to my neighbors house when they weren’t home. I put a goose egg in his chicken laying box.
I’ve heard him tell the story of how his chicken layed a 3X egg but I’ve never told him it was me.

Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417238
01/03/19 09:54 AM
01/03/19 09:54 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Had a cousin that is gone now.. was great pranker. Would go in the field across the road from his house after dark. Spray paint the Queens Ann's Lace with bright florescent colors. Then sit drink beer watch people stop take picture of the beautiful wild flower blooming in that field. He did it once along a friends drive to his cottage. That friend talked about his flowers being so pretty that he would sneak there do it every year. His friend never figured out they weren't really multi colored just white weeds..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417250
01/03/19 10:08 AM
01/03/19 10:08 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Online content
trapper
upstateNY  Online Content
trapper
U

ny
Buddy of mine had a wise guy neighbor that would come and steal his chicken eggs.Wasnt realy a thief,they were friends also,but would take them just to be a wise guy.My buddy went out early one day and replaced the fresh eggs with hard boiled ones,,then sat back waiting for the phone call.HAHA,I got a kick out of that.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417268
01/03/19 10:27 AM
01/03/19 10:27 AM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline OP
trapper
TraderVic  Offline OP
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
Several winters ago I met a very good friend at a restaurant in North La Crosse for an early breakfast. I was early and got a booth with a window overlooking the parking lot where my car was parked. My buddy drives in and parks right next to my car, and he doesn't know it's my car. Right about then I had an idea and grabbed my car keys. Now it's still dark out, and my buddy gets out of his truck (he was delivering some live traps to me from another friend) and putzes around in the back of his topper, then closes and locks it, steps back and presses his key fob to lock his truck. At the same time I press the lock button on my key fob.
So.....Mike pushes his lock button and his lights all light up to confirm the doors are locked. My car lights all light up at the same time (because I'm indoors looking out, pressing the lock button for my car). Mike is standing out there in freezing temps, scratching his head and rear end simultaneously, wondering what's going on. He then presses his lock button again (I did too :D), he finally shakes his head and comes in to meet me.
I'm in tears by then. He knew he had been had when I asked him about his lock conundrum in the parking lot.
laugh laugh laugh

Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417281
01/03/19 10:43 AM
01/03/19 10:43 AM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
The best one I heard of was from Ray Eye. He had a young, cocky and arrogant young guy in his turkey camp one year that he'd about had enough of. So he went into his blind at 5:00 AM wearing a Halloween
mask. When that guy opened his blind he was a race horse getting back to his truck.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Pranks [Re: Hal] #6417287
01/03/19 10:51 AM
01/03/19 10:51 AM
GA
C
canebrake Offline
trapper
canebrake  Offline
trapper
C

GA
Originally Posted by Hal
There was a radio DJ who used to pull telephone pranks under the pseudonym "R. D. Mercer". That was funny.

How big a boy are ya?

Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417308
01/03/19 11:10 AM
01/03/19 11:10 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
My dad put a 12v car battery in a hole in a tree with wires run to under the loose bark on the far side. Waited until snowed enough to cover the hole and he and neighbor came to cut wood. Dad showed neighbor electric tree by touching light bulb to tree. Neighbor was in awe. Neighbor called local newspaper to do a story on the electric tree. Dad also saved some fake money that came in a cereal box that looked surprisingly real. He showed this same neighbor an old box with the money in it and said he found it under a tree in the yard and that it was from the Wells Fargo stagecoach trail that did run nearby from Fargo to Minneapolis. Neighbor was once again in awe. Dad told him the truth before he called the newspaper again.

Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417323
01/03/19 11:36 AM
01/03/19 11:36 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Ah . . . I see the gloves are off now buddy!!! Here's a good one for starters.

Here's our OP prankster himself, staring into the flames, on a different trip but at least you get the idea of who this prankster is. That's his brother there in charge of ordinance.

[Linked Image]

So here we were setting up on one of the islands across from Country Jam on the Chippewa River, now many years ago. Lots of innertubes for floating out in the river whilst listening to the country tunes.

[Linked Image]

So here's the story. This prank was one of those spontaneous types. Spur of the moment. Sometimes the best. We're out there floating in the current, tied off to the back of one of the boats. I'm about twenty feet downstream of the boat, Vic is maybe 25 feet downstream, rope tied to innertube tied to handle on the transom. Got the brewskis going, country jam tunes bouncing off the water, and it's a beautiful day. I'm pulling myself to the boat to get rid of an empty and grab another out of the cooler, and I look back and there's Trader Vic, asleep in his innertube, gently bobbing in the water and lulled to sleep listening to the tunes.

Hmmmm . . . what does one do with this situation?

That's right. Untie his rope! And I did. And there went Trader Vic floating down the river.

Must've gone about 400 yards and I can tell his hind end was bumping on a shallow gravel bar when the boy comes alive and starts yelling about something or other. So I fire up the Go Devil and run down and pick him up. LOL

Oh, there will be more shared later. grin

Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417334
01/03/19 11:48 AM
01/03/19 11:48 AM
Louisiana
AirportTrapper Offline
trapper
AirportTrapper  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Originally Posted by TraderVic
I've always enjoyed a good, clever prank. Like a good cup of coffee, they are one of life's simple pleasures. Humor is so darn healthy, especially a good laugh, that it just makes the day a bit brighter. It can also be an opportunity to lighten up and laugh at ourselves when someone pulls a good prank on us.

One example goes back many years, and it happened the first week after Christmas. I was browsing through the local "shopper, Trading Post" (or whatever your neighborhood advertiser is called) and I came across this advertisement in the 'Want To Buy' column.........Wanted To Buy, used Christmas Trees, call (the prankee's phone number). So I'm sitting there studying this, wondering why anyone would want to buy used, dried out Christmas Trees and it finally dawns on me this is a prank.....and I broke out laughing. I've enjoyed this simple prank many times over. I've even considered pulling it on a few people over the years, but never have.

Yeah, well, anyway......

Enjoy the day !

That wouldn't be a prank here. People sink them in lakes and ponds for fishing spots.

If it makes a track on this earth , I can catch it.
Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417341
01/03/19 12:03 PM
01/03/19 12:03 PM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline OP
trapper
TraderVic  Offline OP
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
Fishermen sink Christmas Trees for structure about everywhere they can get away with it, but I've never met one that advertises to buy used trees for this purpose.

Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417347
01/03/19 12:16 PM
01/03/19 12:16 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I know a church that has a preacher with a PHD in theology and psychology. They had a guy that was accusing the preacher and deacon of gaslighting. They accused him of questioning God. They went on with that rhetoric for a year or so.

Then last year the church put on a skit of a Hee Haw nature and gave the guy that "questions god" a part to play in which a mother buys her son a handsaw for Christmas and he saws his little sisters beds legs off. Which was supposed to serve as a warning not to buy your children toys that could be hurtful. Thats the way they rehearsed it anyway. Then when play time came the guy changed the act with every body watching to a part where the local psychologist is trying to con
the guy into 10 sessions at $100 each to get rid of a guy that keeps him from sleeping because the guy is hiding under his bed. The guy refuses the sessions, but later is cured and the PHD ask him how he overcame his sleep problem. He told him he had met a new friend that was a carpenter and he borrowed his saw and cut the legs off his bed and now the guy could not get under there. Then worked it in the skit that you should not buy your kids dangerous toys but if you must he had a sale on for a new saw, a box of band aids, and a brand new bed for $499.99. Exactly half of what the PHD wanted for the same cure. The mix up went fairly smooth but the PHD was not happy.

About 2 weeks before April fools all of a sudden one of the deacons that had followed the preacher from his last church where he got fired from, accidently cut the ends off his 4 fingers on his left hand while making some crafts. It got to the prankster and he thought that his prank had some how came back on him and his sin had found him out. It made him literally sick that his prank has caused someone to get hurt. He quit church for a few months and I was asking why he was not in church. He told me the story and he came to our church a few times. Then his church was having a singing and I told him I would go with him. When we got there he showed me the guy with the white glove on. I immediately recognized him as the guy that got in an accident at least 10 years earlier. He cut his fingers off and also had a rod in his broken arm. I went back the next week by my self when the guy had no glove and his fingers was just as I had seem him years earlier.

Well the cat is out of the bag now and I do not know when it its coming, Maybe April fools day and maybe not. almost assuredly the real gaslighter will be identified.

Re: Pranks [Re: Foxpaw] #6417360
01/03/19 12:46 PM
01/03/19 12:46 PM
Otsego, MI 66
K
K-zoo Offline
trapper
K-zoo  Offline
trapper
K

Otsego, MI 66
My old Boss had a buddy who retired. One of their friends posted an ad in the local Shopper. "Retired man looking for something to do. Will roto-till your garden for free" along with phone number. The guys phone wouldn't stop ringing. grin

Member NTA, MTPCA, FTA, NRA, MUCC
2 Cor. 5:17
Re: Pranks [Re: TraderVic] #6417367
01/03/19 01:00 PM
01/03/19 01:00 PM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
Someone took out an ad in the local "shopper"
begging for deer meat because he was a terrible hunter ,
they put my friend's phone number on the ad , wasn't me.
Guess you could say the prankster was prank'ed because
my friend has accepted some of the offers for free meat. lol

Re: Pranks [Re: K-zoo] #6417380
01/03/19 01:16 PM
01/03/19 01:16 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
A guy I worked with planted some Scotch Pines on the west side of his lot for a wind break, he lived out in the country. While he was at work one night someone helped their self to a Christmas tree. Boy was he steamed, he was sure it was his ex girlfriend. Well, after Christmas one of his buddys, who also worked with us and lived about a mile away, decided to take his Christmas tree and leave it by the stump with this note " See you again next year". Of course this just added fuel to the fire. The guy told me "The next time I see that ----- I'm going to punch her right in the mouth." I got ahold of his buddy and told him he better tell him what went on or this guy is going to end up in jail. We all had a good laugh over that one.

Last edited by teepee2; 01/03/19 01:17 PM.
Re: Pranks [Re: Muskrat] #6417388
01/03/19 01:29 PM
01/03/19 01:29 PM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline OP
trapper
TraderVic  Offline OP
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Muskrat
Ah . . . I see the gloves are off now buddy!!! Here's a good one for starters.

Here's our OP prankster himself, staring into the flames, on a different trip but at least you get the idea of who this prankster is. That's his brother there in charge of ordinance.

[Linked Image]

So here we were setting up on one of the islands across from Country Jam on the Chippewa River, now many years ago. Lots of innertubes for floating out in the river whilst listening to the country tunes.

[Linked Image]

So here's the story. This prank was one of those spontaneous types. Spur of the moment. Sometimes the best. We're out there floating in the current, tied off to the back of one of the boats. I'm about twenty feet downstream of the boat, Vic is maybe 25 feet downstream, rope tied to innertube tied to handle on the transom. Got the brewskis going, country jam tunes bouncing off the water, and it's a beautiful day. I'm pulling myself to the boat to get rid of an empty and grab another out of the cooler, and I look back and there's Trader Vic, asleep in his innertube, gently bobbing in the water and lulled to sleep listening to the tun

Hmmmm . . . what does one do with this situation?

That's right. Untie his rope! And I did. And there went Trader Vic floating down the river.

Must've gone about 400 yards and I can tell his hind end was bumping on a shallow gravel bar when the boy comes alive and starts yelling about something or other. So I fire up the Go Devil and run down and pick him up. LOL

Oh, there will be more shared later. grin

I forgot about the inner tube one on the Chippewa River at Country Jam. Yep, you got me good on that one. I will admit Mike, that you are a Prankster "Extraordinaire" !

Re: Pranks [Re: canebrake] #6417395
01/03/19 01:40 PM
01/03/19 01:40 PM
Blue Creek, Ohio
Hal Offline
"old windy fartbag"
Hal  Offline
"old windy fartbag"

Blue Creek, Ohio
Originally Posted by canebrake
Originally Posted by Hal

How big a boy are ya?

smile smile smile

[Linked Image]
La pervenche est une tr�s belle couleur!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread