No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6482945
03/06/19 06:25 PM
03/06/19 06:25 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Neat stuff Chancey! I always enjoy your posts! Thanks!

Your welcome Mr. Steinmeyer! Ancient civilizations and megaliths fascinate me. Glad you enjoy the posts. Did you hear about all the Mayan relics they found at the bottom of a lake last month? Really interesting. This Guatemalan lake has several inlets, but no outlets in the form of rivers or creeks but still remains fresh water. Makes me wonder if the relics were actually sunken in the lake or if they were there before the lake formed.

https://www.livescience.com/64880-sunken-mayan-artifacts-sacred-lake.html

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6482954
03/06/19 06:33 PM
03/06/19 06:33 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Interesting stuff wr otis! I had never heard of Meadowcroft dig, thanks for sharing. You know the population in the Americas was enormous just by looking at all the stuff they are finding in the Mexican jungles using LIDAR! I bet the mound building civilizations were much larger as well!

Check out this Olmec head in Mexico. The carving and detail is incredible IMO.

[Linked Image]

Also, check out these pics. One of the below pics is Olmec in Mexico and the other is from ancient Mesopotamia. Both carved in 3D and both of them carrying purses. Suggests to me that these cultures were somehow linked and shared a common knowledge.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6482982
03/06/19 07:01 PM
03/06/19 07:01 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
I've always wondered what is the purse all about. They can be found in many places around the world.
I'm also fascinated with their stone work ability. Moving stones we can't move today.
So much knowledge has been lost to time.
And we call ourselves advanced.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6483289
03/07/19 01:10 AM
03/07/19 01:10 AM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
Google dr James adavasio, did the work at meadowcroft. Also has half dozen or so books out. Mostly centered around the initial peopleing and early sites. Couple years ago he was working under water in the gulf of Mexico, searching for habitated sites that are now well under water. Don't remember how deep they were but it was amazing to think the oceans we're that much lower, really hard to imagine.
His First Americans book, he talks about the heirarchy of the archeology world. And how a few men at the top skewed the perception and adaptation of early sites for years or decades really.
The man is fascinating and just brilliant, with no prejudice against new possibilities.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6483319
03/07/19 02:40 AM
03/07/19 02:40 AM
wyoming/ILLINOIS
T
Timothy Offline
trapper
Timothy  Offline
trapper
T

wyoming/ILLINOIS
This is a great thread !

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: wr otis] #6483520
03/07/19 11:05 AM
03/07/19 11:05 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by wr otis
Google dr James adavasio, did the work at meadowcroft. Also has half dozen or so books out. Mostly centered around the initial peopleing and early sites. Couple years ago he was working under water in the gulf of Mexico, searching for habitated sites that are now well under water. Don't remember how deep they were but it was amazing to think the oceans we're that much lower, really hard to imagine.
His First Americans book, he talks about the heirarchy of the archeology world. And how a few men at the top skewed the perception and adaptation of early sites for years or decades really.
The man is fascinating and just brilliant, with no prejudice against new possibilities.

Wow wr otis! I googled him and found this from NOAA. This is from the initial start of his research in the Gulf in 2008 and some of their findings. They were finding stuff on the Continental Shelf in the Gulf at depths of 300 feet under water!

https://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explorations/08negmexico/welcome.html

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #6483525
03/07/19 11:10 AM
03/07/19 11:10 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
I always found the trade route theories interesting.Products from South America found in North America,and vice versa,like Lake Superior copper found in Mexico.Fascinating stuff from a stone age civilization.

Check this article out Buck Zandra. It is about an ancient submerged Mayan Port called Vista Alegre. A lot of the work being done is underwater, but they have found some really interesting stuff that suggests the coastal Mayans were great sea-faring folks much like the Phoenicians! They were trading stuff from all over the place.

https://www.hakaimagazine.com/features/hidden-coastal-culture-of-the-ancient-maya/

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6483554
03/07/19 11:34 AM
03/07/19 11:34 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
This is a very interesting thread. I hadnt even peeked at it til last night. I saw it was pretty long so I just read the last page first and I couldnt quit. I read the whole thread backwards, lol. Seems as thou this old earth changes on her own and based on past performance is still doing it.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6483589
03/07/19 12:02 PM
03/07/19 12:02 PM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
With the knowledge of the existence of the underwater sites, how long have people been on this continent? My opinion is they don't really know. Apparently massive amounts of evidence could be either lost or just simply submerged.

He has been doing work in Florida on land, old site with I believe human remains. Lately I haven't been able to remember things very well.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6483653
03/07/19 12:42 PM
03/07/19 12:42 PM
Worley, Idaho
M
Machias Offline
trapper
Machias  Offline
trapper
M

Worley, Idaho
[Linked Image]

From a few years ago. I went to the Mayan ruins at Copan in Honduras while I was deployed as a criminal investigator for JTF-B at Soto Cano AB.

Last edited by Machias; 03/07/19 12:49 PM.

When things are Grim, become the Grim Reaper!
Fred Moyer
Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: wr otis] #6483674
03/07/19 01:16 PM
03/07/19 01:16 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
With the knowledge of the existence of the underwater sites, how long have people been on this continent? My opinion is they don't really know. Apparently massive amounts of evidence could be either lost or just simply submerged.

He has been doing work in Florida on land, old site with I believe human remains. Lately I haven't been able to remember things very well.

I suspect homosapiens have been around much longer than most people believe, all over the World. Evidence of our existence would be very hard to find until their were lots and lots of people to leave the evidence.

Keith

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: wr otis] #6483685
03/07/19 01:26 PM
03/07/19 01:26 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas

Also a bunch of extinct mega fauna remains at that Florida site!

http://preclovis.blogspot.com/2014/03/new-dig-seeks-to-solve-mysteries-of-old.html

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Machias] #6483687
03/07/19 01:27 PM
03/07/19 01:27 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Machias
[Linked Image]

From a few years ago. I went to the Mayan ruins at Copan in Honduras while I was deployed as a criminal investigator for JTF-B at Soto Cano AB.

Those carvings are unbelievable! Would love to know how in the world they carved that out of stone and what tools they used.

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: wr otis] #6483884
03/07/19 05:11 PM
03/07/19 05:11 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Stone age as a term leads you to think those people were maybe less intelligent than modern people. They were modern humans just like us, with all our capacity's but a different environment and skill set.
The other thing that is hard to really grasp is the timeline, ten thousand years worth of occupation of the Americas. Lots of seemingly impossible or improbable ideas, are completely possible when you consider the length of time involved.

The archeology work being done in South America that shows possible human occupation ten thousand years prior to currently accepted dates of 14,000 years ago is really interesting. How would dates that old, have been that far south of the Bering land bridge. In all of South America, could one group of people, have stopped in one location, and that one particular location be discovered today. That in itself seems impossible, to find one singular spot on an entire continent.

Supposedly the south american settlements were populated from the polynesion islands. They say they followed the trade winds across the pacific.

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6483898
03/07/19 05:29 PM
03/07/19 05:29 PM
Worley, Idaho
M
Machias Offline
trapper
Machias  Offline
trapper
M

Worley, Idaho
Originally Posted by Chancey
Originally Posted by Machias
[Linked Image]

Those carvings are unbelievable! Would love to know how in the world they carved that out of stone and what tools they used.

I have a bunch of other photos from my time at the Mayan ruins, I'll have to dig them out and scan them. Some of the "sports" venues and sacrifice alters were incredible.

When things are Grim, become the Grim Reaper!
Fred Moyer
Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6498147
03/22/19 07:00 PM
03/22/19 07:00 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Pretty interesting stuff regarding the elongated skulls in Peru. Real cool that they found some in the Mayan Caves as well that the Mexican discoverers also said had different DNA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBCNGOJa_ec

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6534532
05/09/19 11:11 AM
05/09/19 11:11 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Found some creatures that resembled a wolf and a bear in the underwater caves in Mexico. Significant because until now, scientists never thought these species occurred anywhere but in South America.

The kind of bear represents a species that is believed to be the biggest that ever roamed the earth! Must of been terrifying for the people that lived with these critters during that time period.

https://phys.org/news/2019-05-animal-bones-bottom-hoyo-negro.html

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6534575
05/09/19 12:25 PM
05/09/19 12:25 PM
pennsylvania-union county
F
furgotten Offline
trapper
furgotten  Offline
trapper
F

pennsylvania-union county
Good stuff here peoples : keep it coming and THANKS

Gone will be those whom have allowed themselves to be disillusioned beyond their primal instincts.
Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6542398
05/22/19 09:58 PM
05/22/19 09:58 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Pretty sweet Mayan jadeite blade found. They sure could knapp and build some tools!

https://phys.org/news/2019-05-high-quality-jadeite-tool-underwater-ancient.html

Re: Interesting Mayan Discoveries [Re: Chancey] #6542431
05/22/19 10:47 PM
05/22/19 10:47 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Wish I had seen this thread earlier, ill have to go through and start at the beginning. The similarities found on both sides of the Atlantic are uncanny, I believe Atlantis was a real place and they had a trade network that would of connected both sides of the Atlantic.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread