No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: Gary Benson] #6571541
07/10/19 08:38 PM
07/10/19 08:38 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
If somebody busted down my door

in the pitch dark dead of night, screaming bloody murder

It wouldn't end well for them, or possibly even me.

But that's the chance we'd take. whistle

w

Last edited by walleyed; 07/10/19 08:40 PM.

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: Pike River] #6571550
07/10/19 08:43 PM
07/10/19 08:43 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Safer to just burn em out like waco.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: Pike River] #6571697
07/10/19 11:37 PM
07/10/19 11:37 PM
North dakota
N
Nd native Offline
trapper
Nd native  Offline
trapper
N

North dakota
As stated before. A no knock search warrant has to be signed by a judge. The judge gives the police permission to conduct a no knock search warrant. The judge. Not the police. Be upset with the judge that signed it. He violated your rights, not the police. Vote the judge out. There is a reason it is a search "warrant". Warrant's are issued by judges in this state. Police lying or stretching the truth on the affidavit that the judge reads is another issue.

Yes the police ask the judge for a no-knock because they feel compelled to protect their fellow officers from some sort of perceived threat if they stand outside the door for 30+ seconds giving someone inside time to prepare their last stand, but wouldn't you in the same situation?

I feel that many of you are more upset with what is probably some dishonest or over-zealous officers writing bad affidavits. Or it could be the judge is a bad judge. Plenty of those in my opinion.

Either way, no-knock warrants have a time and place. Anyone that wants any sort of real tactical advantage can see that. The world isn't all rainbows and butterflies. Nor is it peaceful.

Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: Pike River] #6571718
07/11/19 01:41 AM
07/11/19 01:41 AM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
just hope they get the right address....next time!

Last edited by wallfur; 07/11/19 01:42 AM.
Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: Nd native] #6571753
07/11/19 06:57 AM
07/11/19 06:57 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Nd native
As stated before. A no knock search warrant has to be signed by a judge. The judge gives the police permission to conduct a no knock search warrant. The judge. Not the police. Be upset with the judge that signed it. He violated your rights, not the police. Vote the judge out. There is a reason it is a search "warrant". Warrant's are issued by judges in this state. Police lying or stretching the truth on the affidavit that the judge reads is another issue.

Yes the police ask the judge for a no-knock because they feel compelled to protect their fellow officers from some sort of perceived threat if they stand outside the door for 30+ seconds giving someone inside time to prepare their last stand, but wouldn't you in the same situation?

I feel that many of you are more upset with what is probably some dishonest or over-zealous officers writing bad affidavits. Or it could be the judge is a bad judge. Plenty of those in my opinion.

Either way, no-knock warrants have a time and place. Anyone that wants any sort of real tactical advantage can see that. The world isn't all rainbows and butterflies. Nor is it peaceful.

Some judges read every word of a warrant application, and some don't read any of it and will sign whatever is put in front of them. Police prefer the latter, of course. I've heard this with my own two ears directly from officer's mouths.

Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: Pike River] #6571852
07/11/19 10:09 AM
07/11/19 10:09 AM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
I had 2 sheriff deputies at my door early in sat morning bfore ita convention , ssy had 911 disturbance call, I ssy I only one hear an ask question abput neighbors, an domestic stuff, I put hand on my pocket, I thought was go get shot, cop reach for gun, they believe me an left, I was late for convention as kinda wondering what go on

Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: FOXCATCHER] #6571854
07/11/19 10:16 AM
07/11/19 10:16 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by FOXCATCHER
Yup. Same cop hating crap I left this sight for. If you guys don’t think the judge issuing the no-knock doesn’t take all factors into consideration you obviously have no idea of how your legal system works.

Been on countless NK warrant services and just to inform you there are VERY rigid criteria on identifying as an officer. Cops are not slipping through the house like ninjas or cat burglars. Lots of yelling identifiers and very clear instructions. We know what risk is involved and if there are not significant threat issues there is no grounds for a NK. I have logged back on for a grand total of less than 24 hours and ready for another couple year hiatus.

Good grief, it seems like just yesterday you were spewing about cop haters, and just like then your wrong again lol. It's called a discussion.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: Pike River] #6571868
07/11/19 10:49 AM
07/11/19 10:49 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Here’s where I’d have an issue, I don’t care what they’re screaming...I’ve done nothing wrong and would assume YOU ARE NOT THE POLICE and just someone breaking in. But then again I’m good friends with most of the Deputies in my little town and I’m sure they’d just say they’re stopping by for some sweet tea or something then take me down, lol.

Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: Pike River] #6573622
07/14/19 10:24 AM
07/14/19 10:24 AM
Central MN
G
GRIZ Offline
trapper
GRIZ  Offline
trapper
G

Central MN
I read most of this post and am not sure what everyone is saying. I know one who is on a swat team. They don’t even show up until the suspect is at location.
As far as flushing drugs down a toilet for dumb. Don’t they realize their sewer line been plugged up already

I.B.O.T. #288
GRIZ
Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: GRIZ] #6573625
07/14/19 10:27 AM
07/14/19 10:27 AM
Central MN
G
GRIZ Offline
trapper
GRIZ  Offline
trapper
G

Central MN
Also the police have knocked on the door b4 and they have the place surrounded b4 he shows up

I.B.O.T. #288
GRIZ
Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: GRIZ] #6573630
07/14/19 10:37 AM
07/14/19 10:37 AM
Central MN
G
GRIZ Offline
trapper
GRIZ  Offline
trapper
G

Central MN
Hey it sounds to me like some officers are not following protocol?

I.B.O.T. #288
GRIZ
Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: Pike River] #6573952
07/14/19 09:33 PM
07/14/19 09:33 PM
Idaho
S
Salthunter Offline
trapper
Salthunter  Offline
trapper
S

Idaho
Eight special agents from Portland and Salt lake ATF wanted to bust the door down and enter my FIL home.
Thankfully as a courtesy the ATF contacted the local sheriff, ( and not the police?)The local sheriff couldn't convince the ATF of my FIL likely innocence

So another method was tried, About the time the bust was going sideways for the ATF the local Sheriff stepped in with deputies.
Kind of a big no-no.

There were some major ATF mistakes all along, understandably thinking my FIL was guilty. We were just so grateful of the sheriff departments interference.

Kind of funny at Christmas an ATF jacket was sent to him,.. he wore it for years

Work hard play hard
Re: The Dangers of No Knock Warrants [Re: Pike River] #6574521
07/15/19 07:55 PM
07/15/19 07:55 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
A friend of mine is a retired police detective. He was involved in a no knock raid of the wrong house many years ago. On the tip of one drug user informant, they got a warrant for the wrong house. They charged in the front door and found a mom sitting at the breakfast table with her 3 year old. She tried to shield the child instead of following instructions and ended up with a broken arm. Apparently, it was immediately obvious to everyone involved that this was not the house they were looking for. The detective who had originally gotten the warrant knew he was going to be in some trouble and started tearing the house apart looking for anything to justify the raid. The rest of the police stood around not sure what to do. He found prescription insulin syringes in the fridge and charged her with possession of syringes or some such thing.

She walked away with a pretty big settlement.

-Ryan
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread