Fur Handling Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

>
Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Fur Handling Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Baby powder vs borax [Re: rpmartin] #6614770
09/11/19 09:42 PM
09/11/19 09:42 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
I knew that

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Baby powder vs borax [Re: trappergbus] #6615020
09/12/19 08:16 AM
09/12/19 08:16 AM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
Originally Posted by trappergbus
Ive sent alot of pelts to Moyle's to tan. All have been boraxed with zero issues when returned. Some have hung for a year before I've sent them. So my question is this, If borax impedes or causes problems with the tanning process what is it?? I don't use it as a crutch but to help speed the drying process.

X2

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Baby powder vs borax [Re: rpmartin] #6615030
09/12/19 08:28 AM
09/12/19 08:28 AM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
On your coyote and fox split stretchers I'd recommend running a router over the flat surfaces of the stretchers and then the outer beveled edge of them I'd cut down the center with your table saw to allow a bit more air flow while hanging the skins .

I'm still a fan of borax on the ears and around the front legs on coyotes and on the belly if they are starting to turn green for what ever reason. And keep a fan running to keep the air moving.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread