Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Snare lock options, Wolf [Re: nooksack] #6698654
12/19/19 10:50 AM
12/19/19 10:50 AM
ak
nooksack Offline OP
trapper
nooksack  Offline OP
trapper

ak
I’ll switch that around and add washers. Thanks John. I think I may switch to S hooks to get the higher break lbs now that I see how they will hang with the Slim lock. I’m curious to see if the breakaways pop, if the lock is working they should expire quickly, unlike the Thompson that has lost its edge.

Re: Snare lock options, Wolf [Re: nooksack] #6707488
12/27/19 12:26 PM
12/27/19 12:26 PM
Bethel, Alaska
fishermann222 Offline
"OX"
fishermann222  Offline
"OX"

Bethel, Alaska
I have had my trigger wedge itself over the stop, and I make them all with the trigger the opposite way now so that can't happen. Is there a way to turn around the breakaway or do something different to get the spring on the outside of your loop?

I survived the Tman crash of '06
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman