No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Spent shotgun shells [Re: Cragar] #6739035
01/21/20 08:25 PM
01/21/20 08:25 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by Cragar
Another thread gave me this idea.

I'm throwing down the gauntlet/ issuing a challenge. I would love to see this go viral and become standard practice for sportsmen/outdoor enthusiasts.
When you are out in the field , you will see spent shotgun shells. We have all seen them. It gives sportsmen a bad name. They will not degrade quickly at all and stay there for years and years.

Pick them up. Pack them out. This includes wads. Sportsmen have made strides cleaning up trash , most notably fishing line.

This makes us all look better. Leave no sign.

Anybody want to join me in this idea ?

Great! Hunters, trappers, and fishermen above all should do all they can top keep trash out of the forests, fields, and streams. Around here some fishermen are the worst; bait containers, fishing line, beer cans litter the streams from the first day of trout season until high water flushes it down stream and up on to the banks to lie there from the next hundred years or so.

I pick up my shells when hunting and try to never leave anything behind. It takes very little effort to clean up after ourselves. Reduce, reuse, recycle is an easy way to handle our trash.

Re: Spent shotgun shells [Re: Cragar] #6739538
01/22/20 10:13 AM
01/22/20 10:13 AM
N.Y.,E. Adks
TRADER TUT Offline
trapper
TRADER TUT  Offline
trapper

N.Y.,E. Adks
Man is His own worst Enemy !

I Farm The Forest
Re: Spent shotgun shells [Re: Cragar] #6739570
01/22/20 10:32 AM
01/22/20 10:32 AM
central arkansas
T
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper
the Blak Spot  Offline
trapper
T

central arkansas
We pick them up also

the just shall live by faith

member FTA, ATA, EAFT
1776 - the year we told a tyrant we weren't to be under a dictator
Caveat ater macula
Re: Spent shotgun shells [Re: Cragar] #6739699
01/22/20 12:22 PM
01/22/20 12:22 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
One of the things we talk about in our firearms training classes are ethics. An area we stress is leaving behind trash. We tell the kids not only should they not leave any trash behind, but they should leave with more than they came with. Leaving any trash gives all sports enthusiasts a bad name.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread