No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Trump and the virus #6800945
03/13/20 06:45 PM
03/13/20 06:45 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline OP
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline OP
Y

Marion Kansas
Here's my thoughts. Trump's smart and usually a couple of steps ahead of everyone else. He knows putting a travel ban on European countries and saying what he has will and did further cause the panic to rise. I'm sure he realizes more panic will cause more issues in the financial markets which wont help him in his reelection. So I'm assuming he thinks the consequences of not doing what he did were worse than the consequences of what he did. So what does he know that we don't? Am I missing something, what's your thoughts on his actions? My post isnt meant to be political just trying to get more of a grasp of what is going on in this situation. The president isn't against calling the media out on false propaganda but he's not saying very much about this situation being completely bogus. The president doesnt seem to be much on over reacting.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6800948
03/13/20 06:47 PM
03/13/20 06:47 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Trump asked his generals why cant they just bomb that pesky virus with a drone.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6800950
03/13/20 06:49 PM
03/13/20 06:49 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline OP
Yes sir  Offline OP
Y

Marion Kansas
Could the virus only be part of something bigger going on or maybe triggered something else that might put us in danger. This whole thing including the President's actions seem confusing.

Last edited by Yes sir; 03/13/20 06:50 PM.
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6800959
03/13/20 06:54 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Here's my thoughts. Trump's smart and usually a couple of steps ahead of everyone else. He knows putting a travel ban on European countries and saying what he has will and did further cause the panic to rise. I'm sure he realizes more panic will cause more issues in the financial markets which wont help him in his reelection. So I'm assuming he thinks the consequences of not doing what he did were worse than the consequences of what he did. So what does he know that we don't? Am I missing something, what's your thoughts on his actions? My post isnt meant to be political just trying to get more of a grasp of what is going on in this situation. The president isn't against calling the media out on false propaganda but he's not saying very much about this situation being completely bogus. The president doesnt seem to be much on over reacting.

Saying your post aren't political is in line to we are all blind and stupid. Tell me, what are you after, what do you wish to gain from this ridiculous post?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6800960
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
I think it time to realize, this thing is worse than we originally thought.The president is trying to save lives.
I knew I should have bought more toilet paper last night.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6800966
03/13/20 06:57 PM
03/13/20 06:57 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN

Maybe not everything done and said has to be about getting reelected. He's doing his job.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Catch22] #6800977
03/13/20 07:05 PM
03/13/20 07:05 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline OP
Yes sir  Offline OP
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Catch22

Saying your post aren't political is in line to we are all blind and stupid. Tell me, what are you after, what do you wish to gain from this ridiculous post?

You've missed the boat here catch. I'm trying to understand what is going on here. I'm trust Trump , voted for him and will again. Just seems to me there has to be a bigger threat than what I'm understanding for the president(that I trust and believe in)to make what I believe is such a serious move considering what the consequences are. I apologize if you find it ridiculous. I'm truly just trying to grasp what going on.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6800982
03/13/20 07:09 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Maybe old lives matter. I am thinking there may have been many already died and it was called flu, if once the testing starts and the numbers go sky high it may be its been here awhile.
The President is just working with the hand he has been dealt.
Honestly I don't know, I keep hoping we all will wake up and it will be a new day, but I ain't bettin on it.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6800983
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline
trapper
il.trapper  Offline
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
I seen a few minutes ago the Stock market made a late jump. I am guessing after the SOE was announced. So, he may be even smarter than a lot of folks think.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6800984
03/13/20 07:11 PM
03/13/20 07:11 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
The bigger threat IS the Virus...!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: il.trapper] #6800988
03/13/20 07:16 PM
03/13/20 07:16 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by il.trapper
I seen a few minutes ago the Stock market made a late jump. I am guessing after the SOE was announced. So, he may be even smarter than a lot of folks think.

No coincidence since it started going up during the press conference. Business people reacted well to the fact that he was bringing in the private sector to help with this. And, just the opposite of what the Libs wanted to hear because those BIG businesses are supposed to be the bad guys that they want to bring down.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: walleye101] #6800992
03/13/20 07:20 PM
03/13/20 07:20 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline OP
Yes sir  Offline OP
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by walleye101

Maybe not everything done and said has to be about getting reelected. He's doing his job.

I get that my, point about reelection is that I dont believe there is political reasoning for the steps he took.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6800995
03/13/20 07:21 PM
03/13/20 07:21 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
And my point is that there doesn't have to be.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801007
03/13/20 07:30 PM
03/13/20 07:30 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline OP
Yes sir  Offline OP
Y

Marion Kansas
I think we are on the same page Walleye. I'm either coming across wrong or everyone one is pretty touchy about this topic so I'll just check out on it. I'm a little behind, I didnt even know the President had a press conference today until this thread. I'll watch it myself and maybe it will clear somethings up for me.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801014
03/13/20 07:41 PM
03/13/20 07:41 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline OP
Yes sir  Offline OP
Y

Marion Kansas
I think we are on the same page Walleye. I'm either coming across wrong or everyone one is pretty touchy about this topic so I'll just check out on it. I'm a little behind, I didnt even know the President had a press conference today until this thread. I'll watch it myself and maybe it will clear somethings up for me.

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801030
03/13/20 07:51 PM
03/13/20 07:51 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas

He realizes that the perception of the government not doing enough to save people is much worse than what is going to happen from what they are doing. 5000 people dead globally from kung flu and people here in the USA are loosing it, that is sad.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Marty] #6801039
03/13/20 07:55 PM
03/13/20 07:55 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
You are trying to figure out what is going on in the mind of a narcissistic sociopath when you get that all figured out let us know.

Bryce

Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801043
03/13/20 07:59 PM
03/13/20 07:59 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I would guess if someone made a political statement post it would be deleted. That is why the comment was made, just my guess.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801048
03/13/20 08:00 PM
03/13/20 08:00 PM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Yes sir, I think I see where you're coming from. "Something" seems a little off. I think during any time of uncertainty, people look to their leader for direction. Or, at least to see what direction they may be heading as a country, and hopefully, there's an explanation that makes sense.

Many believe as our president first stated that, it is nothing more than a flu. Why then the take steps to treat it any differently. Why give-in to the panic, why risk creating further panic, why?

A possible scenario I explored...The virus started in China. So did the panic. It created an over-load on medical services, and required drastic draconian measures. Foreigners fled. Citizens fled. The virus and the panic spread. There is some anecdotal evidence that the spread was intentional in some areas of S. Korea, by it's own citizens. A new element of fear enters and panic levels rise. Quarantines, though mostly self-monitored, are implemented, but restrictions arise and borders close. We enter 2020 in an economic war. Our opponent in that war reveals it's might though our dependence on them. Though they may suffer with less, we will suffer with none. And there you have the true effect of the virus, it's psychological, biological warfare. IMO, Trump is calling their bluff. Cutting them off at the knees.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Trump and the virus [Re: Yes sir] #6801050
03/13/20 08:01 PM
03/13/20 08:01 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
It is my humble opinion, the President is trying to get in the game ahead of any real threat that can bring down the country, and economy. By declaring a State of Emergency before the SHTF, is a very smart move. He is putting in place the means to activate all of the resources available, if and when they are needed. Some past Presidents have waited 6 months or more then they react to the problem, this one isn't, he is being preemptive.

When a hurricane is going to hit Florida or some other state, their governors act days or weeks ahead of time, so there will be no delays in providing immediate assistance. Why should the President act any different?

To me this is a very smart move... if action isn't required, then so be it. If it is required, he has the bull by the horns.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread