No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #6826449
04/01/20 10:43 PM
04/01/20 10:43 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Keep talking like a lib danny. Say it enough and you will be right. You just don't get it. Even your counterparts have decided they were wrong but danny still wants to argue and defend liberty that he does not have. Really ignorance is bliss. LLL

Just to clear the air, I had quit posting anything as some of y'all are incapable or unwilling to understand what liberty is. I do not in the slightest believe that I was or am wrong. I nor Danny that I can recall ever said we should all go to church or gather in large groups, only that we should not have the right to do so, or any other rights for that matter stripped away. Now I will agree to disagree and probably not post anymore on this topic, appreciate if you don't take it as anything other that I am done.
[Linked Image]
I would like to thank the person that posted this quote. Hope you don't mind me using it, will saves me from butchering it again.

I suggest you read the post above yours. Might help some.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6826463
04/01/20 10:55 PM
04/01/20 10:55 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
He said he wouldnt trade it for "a little temporary safety".
In other words he implies that he would trade it for a lot of permanent safety.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6826507
04/01/20 11:30 PM
04/01/20 11:30 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
Thank you White, that was an interesting read. Seems this has been a hot topic for the entirety of our country's existence. There was a lot of double talk in parts of the read, but it does appear that quarantine has always been an acceptable tool to use during times of disease. I will admit part of my argument is wrong in the eyes of the law, but I will stand behind my thoughts that freedom should not be taken lightly and worth fighting for.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #6826515
04/01/20 11:38 PM
04/01/20 11:38 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Thank you White, that was an interesting read. Seems this has been a hot topic for the entirety of our country's existence. There was a lot of double talk in parts of the read, but it does appear that quarantine has always been an acceptable tool to use during times of disease. I will admit part of my argument is wrong in the eyes of the law, but I will stand behind my thoughts that freedom should not be taken lightly and worth fighting for.

I agree with you Andrew but the bottom line is THE LAW IS THE LAW ! At least for me The good of the community takes precedence at times like this

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6826526
04/01/20 11:54 PM
04/01/20 11:54 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
Yes, I think good of community is important. I also think individual liberty is important. I just hope and pray that these folks in charge don't try to take it to far, give an inch take a mile kind of thing. I believe a lot of the folks in positions of power would abuse that extra power they are given in a time like this, makes it hard to give that inch. crazy
As I read the link you provided, I was thinking I sure hope these idiots don't try taking away our other rights. If they decided guns are an epidemic, what is to stop them from dropping the 2nd for good of community? At what point do we say enough is enough?confused

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6826528
04/01/20 11:56 PM
04/01/20 11:56 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
FL made churches exempt now they can infect each other all they want now, go for it!

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6826530
04/01/20 11:59 PM
04/01/20 11:59 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Did i hear right , virgina is now telling retailers , grocery stores , to ban all sales of non essential goods ? Who determines this ? I need my morning fix , blue full throtle

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #6826535
04/02/20 12:08 AM
04/02/20 12:08 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Yes, I think good of community is important. I also think individual liberty is important. I just hope and pray that these folks in charge don't try to take it to far, give an inch take a mile kind of thing. I believe a lot of the folks in positions of power would abuse that extra power they are given in a time like this, makes it hard to give that inch. crazy
As I read the link you provided, I was thinking I sure hope these idiots don't try taking away our other rights. If they decided guns are an epidemic, what is to stop them from dropping the 2nd for good of community? At what point do we say enough is enough?confused

We are on the same page. Gun: the ownership, possession and carrying thereof are NOT a threat to the general population. Of course the Democrats will try to present it as such but we all know it is irrelevant....as do the courts.

Remember that firearms have been determined to be
"essential"

Last edited by white17; 04/02/20 12:10 AM.

Mean As Nails
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6826545
04/02/20 12:16 AM
04/02/20 12:16 AM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Yes. Firearms are not even in the same logical subject as a new viral contagious pathogen that can infect many asymptomatically, as well as living for hours or days on varied surfaces. Completely different realms in intelligent thought .

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: white17] #6826618
04/02/20 06:22 AM
04/02/20 06:22 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by white17
Originally Posted by danny clifton

The government can not take or give rights. They can only recognize them. Which every politician in our country takes an oath to do.

FCOL READ the Constitution ! Specifically article 1 section 9. Then move on to the 10th amendment.

Then read the following.

I am not a constitutional attorney but some of you that are need to go back to CONLAW 101.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2569983/

Good link, one that made me seek more info!

I found out that is 100% right for things such as war declared and a couple other things, including pandemics. So what I've been thinking was wrong.

Here's the proverbial but! Lol.
I was schooled on some lawyer terms such as "on its face" and "as applied" and if it's implemented at the Federal, State or Local level.
Paraphrasing what I understood, on its face the constitution provides for the shutdown. As applied, this instance might not be constitutional. I took that as, yes they have the power to close churches if it's done correctly, this may not have been based on technicalities.

Then we talked some about the second and how "regulations" skirt the constitution in the same manner, good for society and under times of distress. Don't think guns are totally off limits and unrelated in any way. Think N.O. and Katrina with the fact that lawsuits didn't go very far.

To avoid lawsuits mainly because governments are not calling for a complete shutdown, they are allowing gun shops and now churches to follow the same rules as other essential entities. Even Florida backed up half a step, The "as applied" argument being addressed.I

So, on its face, constitutional. As applied, maybe not so much. Typical lawyers, no definitive answer, lol.

Interesting discussion came from this!

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #6826691
04/02/20 08:17 AM
04/02/20 08:17 AM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline
trapper
BuckMink  Offline
trapper

Ohio

"The good of the community takes precedence at times like this"

" I also think individual liberty is important. "

It seems, this is what we are fighting here.... The question? When does individual liberty trumps community, and vice versa. when and where do you draw the line?

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6826708
04/02/20 08:29 AM
04/02/20 08:29 AM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Offline
trapper
corky  Offline
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
It seems that the "Love thy neighbor as thyself" doesn't mean kill your neighbor in Jesus' name.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6826712
04/02/20 08:31 AM
04/02/20 08:31 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Its my belief that the constitution was not written for lawyers. The language in it is simple and easy to understand. It is lawyers that are always muddying the water. If our government should have authority to suspend the constitution, then an amendment needs to be made giving them that authority and clearly defining when it is appropriate.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6826722
04/02/20 08:40 AM
04/02/20 08:40 AM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Yes have a byline in there that the government can change things to protect stupid people from their stupid acts, just in the name of their right!

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: bass10] #6826817
04/02/20 09:56 AM
04/02/20 09:56 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by bass10
Yes have a byline in there that the government can change things to protect stupid people from their stupid acts, just in the name of their right!

You really should have wrote it like this...The government can change things to protect wise people from stupid people and their stupid acts in the name of public safety.

They already have done that.

The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.
Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.
The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

I know it is hard for some to grip but it is the law and has been for a long time. It will not be permanent since this has happened in the past and a few months ago you had all the civil liberties you speak of. I don't want to see liberty infringed and as a Christian I feel strongly about fellowship. Having said that I know that I as a Christian am commanded to follow authority given to man by my creator. A conflict that is real for a Christian. Do we forsake the fellowship or go against authority. Right now it is wise not to meet in our usual manner. It is the way we have to do to truly show love for our neighbor and not take a chance of giving each other a disease that could kill them. It is my right to pick up a poisonous snake but it is not wise. It also goes against Mathew 4:5,6 LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6826832
04/02/20 10:05 AM
04/02/20 10:05 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I know it gives comfort to some timid folks that the government will take care of them. Commerce clause does not however provide authority to suspend the bill of rights with the general welfare language. So why not make all those timid people happier with an amendment giving specifics on on why and what, and when, the bill of rights can be suspended? It will make it constitutional to care for people who do not want to accept responsibility for their own well being.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: corky] #6826911
04/02/20 11:18 AM
04/02/20 11:18 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by corky
It seems that the "Love thy neighbor as thyself" doesn't mean kill your neighbor in Jesus' name.

That is really unfair. Our church fed a bunch of kids on Wednesday evening's but since we can't meet that mission is severely diminished.
I've come to the conclusion that in times of quarantine it's perfectly okay to gather to work(serve money) but not okay to gather to serve God.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: ] #6826927
04/02/20 11:32 AM
04/02/20 11:32 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by J Staton
Originally Posted by corky

That is really unfair. Our church fed a bunch of kids on Wednesday evening's but since we can't meet that mission is severely diminished.
I've come to the conclusion that in times of quarantine it's perfectly okay to gather to work(serve money) but not okay to gather to serve God.

J, I don't see it like that. The normal routine is altered, not the missionary acts. Why not take the meals to the homes of these kids and leave them on the porch? I know people that have to get their temp taken before they start their shift, and other things that they never had to do before. The people out their working are keeping the lights on for all of us and are heroes in my book. Yes, you have to adjust your normal routine, doesn't mean you can't continue your outreach.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: loosegoose] #6827018
04/02/20 12:54 PM
04/02/20 12:54 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

They have changed nothing at my work. No temps taken...nothing different. We do take sack lunches to those kids who request them but since us younger folk are essential it falls on the retired to deliver. Kinda ironic that the most vulnerable have to take the reins.

Re: Pastor arrested for holding church [Re: danny clifton] #6827022
04/02/20 12:56 PM
04/02/20 12:56 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I know it gives comfort to some timid folks that the government will take care of them. Commerce clause does not however provide authority to suspend the bill of rights with the general welfare language. So why not make all those timid people happier with an amendment giving specifics on on why and what, and when, the bill of rights can be suspended? It will make it constitutional to care for people who do not want to accept responsibility for their own well being.

It seems it is always an I issue with you danny. Me Me Me. What about me. Shameful outlook really. You were probably in the service for your own betterment also not to provide for the common defense. You have shown your true colors and hid behind liberty. Sad.

If you think I need government to provide anything for me you are nuts. I have enough canned food from last years garden to last well past when my 150'x150' garden produces again. That food I prepped well before corona came around. I donate bushels of produce every year to our church members as well as a homeless shelter a few blocks from the garden. I am self employed and pay more taxes than you could fathom. Nope not depending on no one. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread