ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6956195
08/06/20 02:21 PM
08/06/20 02:21 PM
AL
T
TownsendTraps Offline
trapper
TownsendTraps  Offline
trapper
T

AL
I'm sure you didn't Cysquatch. You must love when people accuse you of being greedy and trying to take advantage of people. Sounds real nice doesn't. Sounds even better when your competitor tries to cloak themselves in righteousness. I'm only trying to disparage my competitor for the sake of others..... even if i benefit from it..... Sounds fishy to me.

You and Jim seem bent to put words in mine and Kirk's mouth that we're not said. Again the problem is catching animals, why can you not get that through your head. These traps catch animals. We manufacture traps that catch animals. We are not creating any problem to solve other than that!

I'll spare myself from your business advise.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6956218
08/06/20 02:57 PM
08/06/20 02:57 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
As mentioned above, an aluminum trap shouldn't attract a magnet. Either should PVC, etc.

Is the trap you offer on your website made of steel?

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: TownsendTraps] #6956226
08/06/20 03:04 PM
08/06/20 03:04 PM

C
Cysquatch
Unregistered
Cysquatch
Unregistered
C

Originally Posted by TownsendTraps
I'm sure you didn't Cysquatch. You must love when people accuse you of being greedy and trying to take advantage of people. Sounds real nice doesn't. Sounds even better when your competitor tries to cloak themselves in righteousness. I'm only trying to disparage my competitor for the sake of others..... even if i benefit from it..... Sounds fishy to me.

You and Jim seem bent to put words in mine and Kirk's mouth that we're not said. Again the problem is catching animals, why can you not get that through your head. These traps catch animals. We manufacture traps that catch animals. We are not creating any problem to solve other than that!

Taken from your website

"Townsend Traps builds the best cage trap science can design. Utilizing over 40 years of metal fabrication experience and guided by Kirk's extensive trapping experience, our trap design reduces the measurable magnetic field intensity within the traps. This reduces the animal's ability to detect the trap and increases catch percentages."

Those are some bold claims. I hope people can see through the ridiculousness. I have no stake in any of this other than to call out absolute BS snake oil salespeople.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: ] #6956258
08/06/20 03:34 PM
08/06/20 03:34 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by Cysquatch

Taken from your website

"Townsend Traps builds the best cage trap science can design. Utilizing over 40 years of metal fabrication experience and guided by Kirk's extensive trapping experience, our trap design reduces the measurable magnetic field intensity within the traps. This reduces the animal's ability to detect the trap and increases catch percentages."

Those are some bold claims. I hope people can see through the ridiculousness. I have no stake in any of this other than to call out absolute BS snake oil salespeople.

The trap has the ability as stated. It’s just a matter time and it will be proven without a doubt. I have proved it to myself without doubt .
Let’s not talk about traps. Let’s talk about magnetic fields or just let it be let it prove itself.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6956276
08/06/20 03:54 PM
08/06/20 03:54 PM
AL
T
TownsendTraps Offline
trapper
TownsendTraps  Offline
trapper
T

AL
The traps are made of steel correct.

What snake oil are you referring to Cysquatch? The steel trap with springs? The one that catches animals?

What is so ridiculous? You haven't said. You just "think" it isn't true so it must not be huh?

Thanks for visiting the website smile.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6956292
08/06/20 04:09 PM
08/06/20 04:09 PM

C
Cysquatch
Unregistered
Cysquatch
Unregistered
C

"our trap design reduces the measurable magnetic field intensity within the traps. This reduces the animal's ability to detect the trap and increases catch percentages" = Snake Oil. You are creating an "issue" and selling the "solution". No where can you prove this theory unless legitimate scientific study is done. Simple as that.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6956331
08/06/20 04:50 PM
08/06/20 04:50 PM
AL
T
TownsendTraps Offline
trapper
TownsendTraps  Offline
trapper
T

AL
You obviously do not know what the term "snake oil" means then. The issue we are addressing is catching animals which is what this trap does. Period! There is no other "issue". So yes we are selling the "solution" to that. You can believe what you want to believe but until you actually try to use this trap, you have NO standing to say anything about how it works. YOU have no "scientific" basis to disparage our traps at all. What experience do you have with them? Sound like just a nay sayer that likes someone else's traps.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: ] #6956343
08/06/20 05:04 PM
08/06/20 05:04 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
What’s your name.? What company are you trying to help.? You’re not rational. You make it sound like I’m trying to hurt somebody.
The book as completely written actually tries to extend the lives of thousands of people through information that I Produced.If you don’t believe it just clarified it yourself through a search engine
It can be verified to the recent Bayer court cases and government judgments and admissions that have been placed since my email to Bayer in july of last year.I suppose you’re going to try and tell me that I need to tell you how that goes about. It’s easy just read the book. Maybe you might be able to save or extend the life of someone near you based on information that you have received. If you don’t care about people and individuals you will come back and attack me on that one too.I would’ve never been able to come up with the second half of the book if I didn’t learn or know about the first half. Each half corroborates the other. They are spending 1,000,000,000 1/2 dollars on new research. Based on some of what I learned in the information I sent them i Believe they’re using information mentioned in my book that I told in my email.They plan to prove scientifically in a different manner the round up is safe and does not cause cancer.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6956432
08/06/20 06:45 PM
08/06/20 06:45 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Why did you pick steel to make the traps out of over other, far less magnetic materials. If magnetic fields are bad, wouldnt no magnetic field over and above the ambient magnetic field be better?

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: EatenByLimestone] #6956488
08/06/20 07:38 PM
08/06/20 07:38 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by EatenByLimestone
Why did you pick steel to make the traps out of over other, far less magnetic materials. If magnetic fields are bad, wouldnt no magnetic field over and above the ambient magnetic field be better?

Positive ions are bad negative ions are good you designed the trap where it produces negative ions where they should be produced. In the cage trapped inside, and a snare it’s inside, and a Conibear trap it’s inside. In a foothold It matters in the direction intensity, The amount of positive ions omitted and whether or not you are able to cover the field. Can you cover the field while you make the set whether it be with grass clippings or dirt or debris. With a foothold it also matters on the amount of contact at the Trap has with the ground in the bedding of the trap. With aluminum it would restrict the type of trap that you could make.It also wouldn’t allow you to direct magnetic field where you would want it to go concerning the negative ions.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6956656
08/06/20 10:18 PM
08/06/20 10:18 PM
AL
T
TownsendTraps Offline
trapper
TownsendTraps  Offline
trapper
T

AL
Good question EatenByLimestone. First the traps are made of carbon steel and they are not a permanent magnet like one you stick to your refrigerator so they are not adding any magnetism themselves. This cage is repelling the earth's magnetic field or redirecting it. Some cages amplify it and others redirect it. You can think about this also like a faraday cage (similar not the same). Where the cage protects the area inside from outside electromagnetic fields. A plane would be a good example of a faraday cage that would be protected from lightning. Also magnetic fields are not bad per se (since they are all around) but when there is a sharp increase in the field, similar in the way a different smell or sound may spook an animal, it has the chance that your animal may reject your set, I said MAY as I am not guaranteeing your set will get rejected.

Also there is a cost comparison and strength comparison to make vs aluminum or stainless. Making them from aluminum or stainless would needlessly raise the cost on these traps. Not that you can't make a trap from them and it work. In our calculations we chose carbon.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6956949
08/07/20 08:21 AM
08/07/20 08:21 AM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Interesting that the people who accuse others of personal attacks are the ones doing just that, by name and people see it. I have never engaged in personal attacks on the forums, but put forth sound reasoning, backed with experience, the reason so many have been successful doing what we do. The last time, before this magic magnetic stuff, it was "openness." Brand X accused us of having a less "open" trap, meaningless. This was the first attempt to superimpose a nebulous, fictitious, imaginary problem to the traps we are using. Now it has morphed into magnetics, as expected. If you can't make headway with something with better function or is more practical you go to the imaginary. I have followed this since August 26, 2019, waiting for the "new" problem to surface that required "a solution." Here it is. Same thing all over in a different form, but still a nothing burger.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6957055
08/07/20 11:00 AM
08/07/20 11:00 AM
AL
T
TownsendTraps Offline
trapper
TownsendTraps  Offline
trapper
T

AL
Jim i hate to break it to you that it is not always about you. No one is accusing you of anything except when you try to put negative motives or intentions on your competition, which if i didn't know better was not attacking you but defending from your attacks. I hope people see it. I trust people can read this thread and see that a question was posed to Kirk specifically about magnetic fields and you and others want to pile on Kirk because you don't believe what he is saying. Fine don't believe you have that right, but what right you don't have is to put words in his mouth or put into question his character or integrity.

Again this isn't a new "problem". This is just a new product that is different than yours. I'm not sure if that makes you nervous. Nervous enough to try put down any attempt at competition. You say nothing burger (just a passive aggressive means of attacking) then why are you bothering. Again it is not always about you.

These traps solve the problem of catching animals which they do!

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6957065
08/07/20 11:19 AM
08/07/20 11:19 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
There may be this supposed Magnetic field thing but In my opinion It's not going to effect a critter that wants to get In that trap whether It's a cage trap or a body grip or a foot hold or a snare. Just set your traps on location and use a attractive bait and lure combo and forget about this magnetic field stuff.
If a man can catch 900+ coyotes in a few months In foot hold traps I don't see how this magnetic field thing has hurt his numbers.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6957088
08/07/20 11:52 AM
08/07/20 11:52 AM
AL
T
TownsendTraps Offline
trapper
TownsendTraps  Offline
trapper
T

AL
There are many effective methods and traps that can catch animals. Very True. One can be very successful with methods that he doesn't fully understand exactly why they work just he just knows that they work. Just as i have reference before that we can use wi-fi or iPhones without knowing exactly how they work. They may seem magical but dang if they do work. This is only trying to explain how Kirk through this design that has been able to catch over 1000+ beavers per year over several years (less that 100 days per year). Several trappers with this trap have reported fantastic results as well. We are only trying to provide a good quality trap with a design that is proven to catch many, many animals. This design is patented as well. It is hard to patent "snake oil".

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: TownsendTraps] #6957114
08/07/20 12:44 PM
08/07/20 12:44 PM

C
Cysquatch
Unregistered
Cysquatch
Unregistered
C

There are many effective methods and traps that can catch animals. Very True. One can be very successful with methods that he doesn't fully understand exactly why they work just he just knows that they work. Just as i have reference before that we can use wi-fi or iPhones without knowing exactly how they work. They may seem magical but dang if they do work. This is only trying to explain how Kirk through this design that has been able to catch over 1000+ beavers per year over several years (less that 100 days per year). Several trappers with this trap have reported fantastic results as well. We are only trying to provide a good quality trap with a design that is proven to catch many, many animals. This design is patented as well. It is hard to patent "snake oil".

I understand the theory you are alluding to, I know for a fact its not scientifically proven. Plus just because you applied for a patent doesn't mean a darn thing. People patent pointless silly things all the time.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6957155
08/07/20 01:43 PM
08/07/20 01:43 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
Hey Cysquatch, I did not believe when you posted this that you were not being truthful.......2 days and several posts later and you have proved my belief to be correct, you are still talking about the same subject.

Posted by Cysquatch on Aug.5, post #6955155
I'm done talking about the subject now. Have a great day

Apparently did not mean a darn thing, just a pointless silly statement.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6957163
08/07/20 01:49 PM
08/07/20 01:49 PM
AL
T
TownsendTraps Offline
trapper
TownsendTraps  Offline
trapper
T

AL
Are you trying to say faraday's cage is a theory not proven. What planet do you live on? They are also in use in your microwave oven to contain the electromagnetic energy within the oven and to shield the exterior from radiation. Next post you are going to tell me gravity isn't proven either. Or it is only a theory. I'll look for the double blind test on it.

Also we actual have a patent. Not just applied but approved. Why would comstock have PATENTED big and bold on his website if it didn't mean anything.

It just seems like you want to put down something you don't understand.

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: QuietButDeadly] #6957202
08/07/20 03:01 PM
08/07/20 03:01 PM

C
Cysquatch
Unregistered
Cysquatch
Unregistered
C

Are you trying to say faraday's cage is a theory not proven. What planet do you live on? They are also in use in your microwave oven to contain the electromagnetic energy within the oven and to shield the exterior from radiation. Next post you are going to tell me gravity isn't proven either. Or it is only a theory. I'll look for the double blind test on it.

Also we actual have a patent. Not just applied but approved. Why would comstock have PATENTED big and bold on his website if it didn't mean anything.

It just seems like you want to put down something you don't understand.

Stop putting words in my mouth. You theory of animal catches being related to electromagnetic fields in traps = not scientifically proven.

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
Hey Cysquatch, I did not believe when you posted this that you were not being truthful.......2 days and several posts later and you have proved my belief to be correct, you are still talking about the same subject.

Posted by Cysquatch on Aug.5, post #6955155
I'm done talking about the subject now. Have a great day

Apparently did not mean a darn thing, just a pointless silly statement.

I couldn't stay away, its so much fun discussing "science" with everyone! grin

Re: Magnetic field in cage traps help me Kirk [Re: WileyKiller] #6957249
08/07/20 04:01 PM
08/07/20 04:01 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
The chronology in this is all wrong. The big catches in beaver were made two decades ago with conibears, well before emf was even a thought with most of the big beaver number taken in conibears. I'll bet I have taken more beaver in swim through cages than anyone because I don't "test" them, I use them. I introduced the wire trigger cage traps, showed a couple in Sept. 2007. The epiphany about magnetic stuff has taken place only in the past year, nothing to do with "decades of testing cages." All baloney.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread