No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: AntiGov] #6960246
08/10/20 06:14 PM
08/10/20 06:14 PM
Wenatchee, Washington
T
TrappedOut Offline
trapper
TrappedOut  Offline
trapper
T

Wenatchee, Washington
Originally Posted by AntiGov
So anyone with a gun should be deemed a threat and shot on site ......lol

Nope I have guns and have not been shot by the police....of course i dont come running out my door at them with a gun in my hand either....

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: TrappedOut] #6960247
08/10/20 06:15 PM
08/10/20 06:15 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by TrappedOut
Seems pretty simple....cops knock on your door and say police and he comes flying out with a pistol in hand...not sure what is confusing about this? That is a sure fire way to get shot 100% of the time. Does anyone one here answer their door in this way when the cops stop by. sounds like there is more to the story than he was up past bed time. Hiding a gun behind his back and falling back to the door after acting aggressive...most likely would have got back inside the door and started shooting or a million other bad things...potential hostage situations....who knows! There is always way more to story than a video clip...i dont understand how anyone thinks they can judge officers in situations from the comfort of their home. Looks like there was a threat with a weapon and it was neutralized. If he was to go inside and started shooting from cover everyone on here would say the cops should have shot him from the start....

I could not disagree more.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Huntall76] #6960248
08/10/20 06:16 PM
08/10/20 06:16 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Huntall76
For all that are 100% behind the cops on this, if the cops did it right and they feared for their lives then why did they wait till the guy was one hand up and going to the ground to shoot him? Do you think the guy was kneeling to get into a prone position to get a better aim to shoot the officers, LMAO

Agreed and I pointed that out also.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Huntall76] #6960249
08/10/20 06:17 PM
08/10/20 06:17 PM
Wenatchee, Washington
T
TrappedOut Offline
trapper
TrappedOut  Offline
trapper
T

Wenatchee, Washington
For all that are 100% behind the cops on this, if the cops did it right and they feared for their lives then why did they wait till the guy was one hand up and going to the ground to shoot him? Do you think the guy was kneeling to get into a prone position to get a better aim to shoot the officers, LMAO

Maybe someone should volunteer for the police department and show them how it should be done, im sure they would love for someone else to go first and demonstrate since he obviously was not a threat.

Last edited by TrappedOut; 08/10/20 06:34 PM.
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: TrappedOut] #6960250
08/10/20 06:22 PM
08/10/20 06:22 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

Maybe you should volunteer for the police department and show them how it should be done, im sure they would love for someone else to go first and demonstrate....

I think you should take a step back for a second and look at things logically, objectively, without your pre-drawn conclusions and bias.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6960253
08/10/20 06:25 PM
08/10/20 06:25 PM
Wenatchee, Washington
T
TrappedOut Offline
trapper
TrappedOut  Offline
trapper
T

Wenatchee, Washington
Im just saying...its always easy to judge when youre not there.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6960256
08/10/20 06:32 PM
08/10/20 06:32 PM
Wenatchee, Washington
T
TrappedOut Offline
trapper
TrappedOut  Offline
trapper
T

Wenatchee, Washington
I get tired of listening to people judge police officers from the safety of their home. If people think they can do better than they should join the force and show all these officers the correct way to deal with these situations 100 percent of the time. Does anyone on here actually believe they can predict the future and would be able to make perfectly calculated decisions 100% of the time in a split second in situations like this one?

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: TrappedOut] #6960261
08/10/20 06:37 PM
08/10/20 06:37 PM
vermont
V
vermontster Offline
trapper
vermontster  Offline
trapper
V

vermont
I get tired of listening to people judge police officers from the safety of their home. If people think they can do better than they should join the force and show all these officers the correct way to deal with these situations 100 percent of the time. Does anyone on here actually believe they can predict the future and would be able to make perfectly calculated decisions 100% of the time in a split second in situations like this one?

Very valid point as I had the luxury of safety and 20-20 hind sight because of the video .

The bitterness of poor quality last a lot longer than the sweetness of low price
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: TrappedOut] #6960262
08/10/20 06:38 PM
08/10/20 06:38 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

Some do that I agree. However, to be a police officer, you should be a cut above. No one is forcing them to do that job. They want to do that job. Additionally, that job gives a police officer great power. The power to strip that person of his rights so long as it's justified. That power should not be looked at lightly and police need to be held to the highest standard. Not all cops are bad but by the same token, not all cops are good either.

Last edited by Finster; 08/10/20 06:38 PM.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6960264
08/10/20 06:39 PM
08/10/20 06:39 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
It was a bad shoot. I am very pro police officer. I have been in similar situations and have employed a lot of people, including many police officers, who have been in similar situations, who did not shoot. The officer who initially shot, should be charged with manslaughter and spend some time in jail.

Keith

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6960267
08/10/20 06:42 PM
08/10/20 06:42 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
The site it's from, the shooting it's self and her reaction I just have to wonder.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: rex123] #6960271
08/10/20 06:45 PM
08/10/20 06:45 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by rex123
The site it's from, the shooting it's self and her reaction I just have to wonder.

I'll look into that later. I didn't question it being fake but who knows these days.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Finster] #6960276
08/10/20 06:52 PM
08/10/20 06:52 PM
Wenatchee, Washington
T
TrappedOut Offline
trapper
TrappedOut  Offline
trapper
T

Wenatchee, Washington
Originally Posted by Finster

Some do that I agree. However, to be a police officer, you should be a cut above. No one is forcing them to do that job. They want to do that job. Additionally, that job gives a police officer great power. The power to strip that person of his rights so long as it's justified. That power should not be looked at lightly and police need to be held to the highest standard. Not all cops are bad but by the same token, not all cops are good either.

I agree no one is forcing them to be a police officer. But they also don't have the option to just leave a situation either. Im glad its not my job. Id hate to be so scrutinized by the public as bad as they are. Id be curious to see what our opinions would be after a full investigation.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6960279
08/10/20 06:54 PM
08/10/20 06:54 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
How does this go from a police body cam to YouTube? Is it even real?

No Jab.
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: TrappedOut] #6960283
08/10/20 06:58 PM
08/10/20 06:58 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

I agree no one is forcing them to be a police officer. But they also don't have the option to just leave a situation either. Im glad its not my job. Id hate to be so scrutinized by the public as bad as they are. Id be curious to see what our opinions would be after a full investigation.

Yup, and with more evidence, things could change. That's the correct way to look at things in my opinion. You have to look at the evidence you have and leave bias behind.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6960318
08/10/20 07:33 PM
08/10/20 07:33 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Well, for doing a little searching, it seems that this did happen last month around July 15th or so. It also seems that the victim was a stand up guy and pro police. (all of this from articles) One thing I did not find like the average BLM martyr is any rap sheet. The guy doesn't seem to have any record at all. Humm....... where are all the white lives matter protest's? Where is the rioting and the looting? Hummmmm.........

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6960334
08/10/20 07:51 PM
08/10/20 07:51 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
It's real. It happened May 22, 2020 in Phoenix Arizona. The Police Dept. just released the video last month on July 15th.

There are two body cams, no third camera.

It sounds like the upstairs neighbor new it wasn't a domestic dispute but wanted the noise of the video game and the victim and his girlfriend to stop.

When he called 911 the second time and was asked if he thought it was turning violent he said, "It could be physical. I could say yeah if that makes anybody hurry on up. Get anybody here faster."

An innocent man is dead because a trigger happy cop shot him three times in the back as he was trying to comply with the cops orders.

How anybody can justify that shooting is beyond me.

Eh...wot?

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6960341
08/10/20 07:54 PM
08/10/20 07:54 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Also, the cops knocked then stepped away from the door. If the victim used the peephole he would have seen nothing. He would have heard banging on his door and looked out and saw nothing which explains why he rushed out to see who was banging on his door.

He likely didn't here them identify themselves as cops.

As soon as he realized they were cops he raised his empty hand and was attempting to put the gun down with the other when Mr. Trigger Happy murdered him.

Eh...wot?

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Finster] #6960346
08/10/20 08:04 PM
08/10/20 08:04 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by Finster

Another point of view, IF he and his girl friend would not have been making so much noise that the police would not have to have been called and he would still be alive to day. Split second judgement have to be made and the lawyers have month to go over the judgment that was made. JMO to bad in any case.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Getting There] #6960357
08/10/20 08:12 PM
08/10/20 08:12 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Getting There

Another point of view, IF he and his girl friend would not have been making so much noise that the police would not have to have been called and he would still be alive to day. Split second judgement have to be made and the lawyers have month to go over the judgment that was made. JMO to bad in any case.

Ok. Now I understand. Don't live in your own home and make the mistake of being to loud. If you wind up dead because of it, it's your fault. Got it. You have watched the video correct? The same video I have watched I assume? Could you please point out the moment in the video (by time stamp) where this guy threatens the police. Can you please point out where he is pointing a firearm at anyone? I see a guy that answered the door after someone was pounding on it. Had a light shined in his eyes, and the was barked orders at. After a couple seconds, he figured out it was the police, began to comply and was then shot. Can you please post on the video time stamps where I am wrong?

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread