Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
Fresh meat vs store bought #7002799
09/28/20 11:10 AM
09/28/20 11:10 AM
Southern Minnesota
M
Mnmatt88 Offline OP
trapper
Mnmatt88  Offline OP
trapper
M

Southern Minnesota
I would like to know what peoples thoughts are on using fresh bait (animals you've harvested and are using their meat/hides) versus using the store bought baits. I would also like to know what kind of animals youre using and how you use them (like what do you use along with the baits.. lures, scents, do you leave them plain).

I think it would be fun to do a fresh vs store bought kind of challenge using both the same sets at the same location with the 2 different baits.

Re: Fresh meat vs store bought [Re: Mnmatt88] #7002812
09/28/20 11:23 AM
09/28/20 11:23 AM
E central Il
G
Golf ball Offline
trapper
Golf ball  Offline
trapper
G

E central Il
In my case it is easy to sway the results, at every location that I have there is one best spot to put a trap . I’m not into experimenting enough to use what I think is a lesser bait in the best location . If I had more coyotes in an area I might but knowing that it’s apt to be ten days or more before the next visit I tend to use what I think is the best ( fresh ) bait in the best spot . That being said I don’t typically use multiple smells at each set , but my sets are not far apart, ten feet to twenty yards . With each one having a different smell .

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91