No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Joe Goodman Prints
Please support Joe Goodman because he supports us with donations

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015799
10/12/20 06:25 PM
10/12/20 06:25 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas

1 Samuel 17:45-47
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015822
10/12/20 06:55 PM
10/12/20 06:55 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Bad things happen deal with it. Becuse someone robes or steals to get money for drugs is irrelevant. All that is illegal and it still happens every day.

A 19 year old ran a stop light in a 3/4 ton truck at 65mph and t boned my family killing my son. I dont wine and cry and blame it on the truck and try to make trucks illegal or raise the driving age.

Live in your dream world where the drugs are the cause of your family's hardships. If that's what you need to do to make yourself feel better. I will live in the real world where I know your x and family made poor choices that your entire family now has to deal with.

If you want security live in a prison. O wait drugs make there way into prison also.

As far as what's wrong with the Republican party well they are mostly rhinos. Trumps first 2 years we had all 3 branches yet they did nothing they promised. Pro gun yet shelved the hearing protection act. We have uncontrolled spending and no mention of a budget. The Republicans are where the Democrats were in the 60s.

I see your not one to accept personal responsibility but would rather try to blame others for your family's and parties failures.

You would of never said most of what you have said to me in person, I find you to be rather rude, arrogant and have a lack of insight which does not stop you from making poor assumptions.

I have done nothing but worked and cared for myself since I was 15. I have worked extreme jobs and hours to care for not only myself but my family. One day at 9 30 am I got knocked unconscious in a tree, my feet were numb, my hands were numb, my tongue was numb, I had extreme pain in my head and neck, I continued working until 8 30 pm, I didn't come out of that tree until it was done. I did that to provide security to my family, I did that because I took it as my own responsibility to pay my bills, it was my responsibility to make sure my employees got their hours. Your suggestion that I deflect from personal responsibility is asinine. You have continually tried to make this personal and I am starting to find it more than slightly annoying.

For 200,000 years men had the right to seek justice, to use violence against those who would threaten your person or tribe. If someone showed up with a substance that put members of your tribe at risk you as a man had the obligation to get rid of them. I still feel that obligation, I will protect my people like a lion. I understand many of them are weak and susceptible to poor choices that is why as men we shoulder the burden and protect them, we dont watch them founder and shrug our shoulders.

I sent you a pm with all my contact info and address. Call or swing by I'm sure we have more in common than we disagree on I promise I wont say anything I won't say in person.

I have been know to be rude and arrogant so you have me there as well. And yet spot on on how we used to protect our tribe. Unfortunately we can no longer take matter into our own hands and we delegate those responsibilities to others and passed laws. That worked well enough for a time
Untill the system got watered down and corrupted. Now those laws are used as justification for passing other laws that crush our freedom and allow the government to overstep their boundaries.

I'm sorry but we can never lawfully kick in the doors of the local dealers and clean houses as appealing as that would be. Instead the cops will pick them up and a judge will turn them loose.

What's tha answer I dont know. I know drugs wont go away and more laws limiting our freedom are not the answer.

We can disagree I'm good with that it's what makes the world go around. But honestly can you not look past the personality issues with drugs and see the other negative things the war on drugs has brought us. And it's not like it's even 10% effective.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015829
10/12/20 07:03 PM
10/12/20 07:03 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
I have to say this post has been really eye opening for me,as much thought as I had given this subject thru the years I never thought of it from the angles that Donnersurvivor and Boco threw out there.I haven't had the experiences as Donner and Boco,but as a somebody who grew up in the 70's I seen enough.I find their points of view a refreshing change from the usual.I really like the view of the responsibility that we SHOULD have as men.That point of view should be instilled in all youngsters.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015831
10/12/20 07:05 PM
10/12/20 07:05 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
trapper
danny clifton  Online Content
trapper
D

williamsburg ks
Donnersurvivor , were you the guy saying he wanted to be ruled by a monarch?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015834
10/12/20 07:09 PM
10/12/20 07:09 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Boco, the Conservatives wouldnít even attempt putting that Genie back in. Alberta is the most Conservative province and also the largest buyer of legal weed.

Legal weed hasnít changed life here, except itís made it so a lot of functioning, contributing people arenít criminals any longer.

Also, there are very few countries with an alcohol ban and that ban and drugs in general are the least of those nations troubles. Almost all of them also have extremely harsh penalties for drugs so Iím unsure about your ďfactĒ about alcohol culture and drug culture. Just because I like vodka and whiskey after fishing doesnít mean they contribute positively to culture.

Last edited by rvsask; 10/12/20 07:16 PM.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: danny clifton] #7015838
10/12/20 07:13 PM
10/12/20 07:13 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Donnersurvivor , were you the guy saying he wanted to be ruled by a monarch?

yes, I would prefer a constitutional Monarchy to Democracy. A major part of the reasoning for that is because of were we currently reside in our political slide towards tyranny. I subscribe to Platos idea that there are five types of government Aristocracy, Timocracy, Oligarchy, Democracy, and Tyranny. We are approaching the end of Democracy and the slide towards Tyranny has already started to happen, I would much prefer if we can somehow skip that phase and go straight back to Aristocracy.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015855
10/12/20 07:39 PM
10/12/20 07:39 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Dirt
Who feeds those homeless? Not libertarians. I'm sure the drugs are not keeping them alive. Homeless would not last long under libertarian rules. Problem solved.

Are you saying it's a self solving problem and a good way to get rid of some non productive members of society? wink

The problem would not exist. The problem comes from enablers. The government or charities have to enable homeless drug users for them to survive very long. If you want them gone, don't feed, cloth, or shelter them or give them free medical care. They will exist as long as society enables it.

Who is John Galt?
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015870
10/12/20 07:48 PM
10/12/20 07:48 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
trapper
danny clifton  Online Content
trapper
D

williamsburg ks
The problem would not exist. The problem comes from enablers. The government or charities have to enable homeless drug users for them to survive very long. If you want them gone, don't feed, cloth, or shelter them or give them free medical care. They will exist as long as society enables it.

well said

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Dirt] #7015890
10/12/20 08:16 PM
10/12/20 08:16 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Well said. They would either die, starve ,or leave if it wasn't made easy for them.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015893
10/12/20 08:23 PM
10/12/20 08:23 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Well said. They would either die, starve ,or leave if it wasn't made easy for them.

I would like to think some may actually straighten up before they die. Not all of them would for sure. They certainly wouldn't suffer long like enablers enable.

Who is John Galt?
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7015897
10/12/20 08:32 PM
10/12/20 08:32 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
My brother used over a million dollars in public benefits before he overdosed/suicide. He did the math himself, he had a 136 iq and never did a thing with his life other than smoke pot and do hallucinatigens.

I married a girl who told me she was a christian virgin, 6 years later I had a junkie hoe who stole 16 years of work and savings from me and ran off to Vegas with another guy.

My cousin got clean after years of meth, she got that 1200 dollar stimulus check and went back to using, she's dead now at 35.

I wouldn't even flinch going down a line of dealers and giving them their due.

If yall think drugs and booze are comparible you have not been around many drug users.

I understand that completely.

I know I'm paranoid......but am I paranoid ENOUGH???
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015899
10/12/20 08:35 PM
10/12/20 08:35 PM
La Vernia & Dallas TX
Mark June Offline
trapper
Mark June  Offline
trapper

La Vernia & Dallas TX
We would have no issue gathering rock tossers according to these comments.
So much for the orphans, widows, and aliens among us.

Blessings,
Mark

Dallas Theological Seminary
https://www.dts.edu
https://www.markjuneslures.com/
Predator Trapping Academy Host - 2021 is booked

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Dirt] #7015903
10/12/20 08:37 PM
10/12/20 08:37 PM
Oklahoma
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Dirt

I would like to think some may actually straighten up before they die. Not all of them would for sure. They certainly wouldn't suffer long like enablers enable.

Good points.

MOLON LABE
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Mark June] #7015910
10/12/20 08:41 PM
10/12/20 08:41 PM
Oklahoma
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Mark June

Blessings,
Mark

I was raised on welfare. I am the example of how it is supposed to work. Take the hand up and do something with your life.

I have no problem helping the orphans, widows and, yes, even the aliens. I however am not interested in subsidizing laziness or otherwise carrying the general dead weight of society. I've paid enough taxes for many lifetimes and am tired of working hard so others don't have to.

MOLON LABE
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Mark June] #7015912
10/12/20 08:42 PM
10/12/20 08:42 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN

Blessings,
Mark

I would of been the one Jesus looked at in utter disgust and disappointment as I picked up the biggest rock I could find. Ya'll can wait for the next life to get your reward and see the evil punished, this is it for me. If the pearly gates are real the one with the book casting judgement will not know me.

Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015915
10/12/20 08:45 PM
10/12/20 08:45 PM
Oklahoma
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
I sent you a pm with all my contact info and address. Call or swing by I'm sure we have more in common than we disagree on I promise I wont say anything I won't say in person.

I have been know to be rude and arrogant so you have me there as well. And yet spot on on how we used to protect our tribe. Unfortunately we can no longer take matter into our own hands and we delegate those responsibilities to others and passed laws. That worked well enough for a time
Untill the system got watered down and corrupted. Now those laws are used as justification for passing other laws that crush our freedom and allow the government to overstep their boundaries.

I'm sorry but we can never lawfully kick in the doors of the local dealers and clean houses as appealing as that would be. Instead the cops will pick them up and a judge will turn them loose.

What's tha answer I dont know. I know drugs wont go away and more laws limiting our freedom are not the answer.

We can disagree I'm good with that it's what makes the world go around. But honestly can you not look past the personality issues with drugs and see the other negative things the war on drugs has brought us. And it's not like it's even 10% effective.

Y'all should smoke some pot when you meet. I encourage you to not drink. Alcohol will make your meeting way too volatile.

MOLON LABE
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: yukonjeff] #7015918
10/12/20 08:46 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Online content
trapper
bowhunter27295  Online Content
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
I live in a village of 800 where Alcohol is illegal and Pot is legal. No stores here sell either.

This past week we had one murder a high school kid got beat to death. And in a separate incidence had a guy get shot in the face in a gunfight.

Both alcohol fueled as is always the case.

Still waiting to hear of a death or bad accident from a pot smoker.

Look up what has happened in Colorado hospitals since pot was legalized. I will not look it up for you because it will be from the wrong source or page or something.

Pot is not the snuggle bunny or teddy bear like some of you think it is.

Life without storms is a desert.
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Mark June] #7015920
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

Blessings,
Mark

"en∑a∑bler

a person or thing that makes something possible.
"the people who run these workshops are crime enablers"
a person who encourages or enables negative or self-destructive behavior in another.
"being an enabler to an addict does more harm than good" "

Don't see anything about rock tossing?

Who is John Galt?
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Matt28] #7015921
10/12/20 08:47 PM
10/12/20 08:47 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Matt28
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Strike that. At least 10--maybe 15.

15 per quarter?? I don't think I have ever counted.

Listen to Boys from Oklahoma by Cross Canadian Ragweed. laugh

I know I'm paranoid......but am I paranoid ENOUGH???
Re: My body my choice!!!! / The war on drugs [Re: Providence Farm] #7015923
10/12/20 08:48 PM
10/12/20 08:48 PM
La Vernia & Dallas TX
Mark June Offline
trapper
Mark June  Offline
trapper

La Vernia & Dallas TX
Y'all are in rare fine form tonight.
crazy

Dallas Theological Seminary