ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
bug and bats flying??? #7109572
12/28/20 07:33 PM
12/28/20 07:33 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline OP
trapper
Vinke  Offline OP
trapper

NWWA/AZ
2020 is weird......

I am sure Trump did it..........

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: bug and bats flying??? [Re: Vinke] #7143937
01/18/21 10:42 PM
01/18/21 10:42 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
Nah, some places are just warm this winter.
Even here in mid January it has been fairly mild, with temps in the 40's and 50's f.
I'm not sure if that is a 'true' El Ni~no year (sorry my lap top does speak Spanish well) , yet it has very similar weather conditions with warn air currents and heavy rains.
One thing I have noticed over the years when I was working is that : if it wasn't warm enough for flying insects to be out, you didn't see bats flying around.
Bats seem to genetically have the ability to tell when temps are just enough to support flying insects, which I've noticed can be in the 50's f.
Some insects have a (kind of ) antifreeze in their 'blood', (well, body fluids) that allow them to move in colder temps.
Some moths in particular, have this.
If there are no flying insects, a bat will not expel the energy to be flying around all night without being able to replenish it.
Bats, do not seem to be able to store large amounts of fat, like some mammals, so they will not----------wait a minute----is this post by Vinke ? Dave Vinke ?
Why am I talking about bat behavior to a man who knows more about bats than most people in the country ?
Was this post even about bats to start with ?
Dave, how's the family ?
Do you remember that one time when we were. . .

But, I digress. . .
laugh

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread