No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247788
04/20/21 01:17 PM
04/20/21 01:17 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline OP
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline OP
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
LOL,moosey ,seems like some on here do not read well--or don't comprehend what is written. I never said Nugent was going to wear a mask. I said that those he once called sheep-pretty much were'nt so sheepish now.
But you know how it goes on here. Makes a guy wonder--How many are actually trappers or just pot stirrers.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247793
04/20/21 01:22 PM
04/20/21 01:22 PM
Indiana
K
keystone Offline
trapper
keystone  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
After contracting covid,Ted no longer considers mask wearers --the sheep he called them. He actually thought he was going to die from the disease.
Get well soon Ted,A journey to the center of the mind,without you is hard to imagine.
Tom

The article i read didn’t say anything about him changing his stance on masks, he just said he was sicker than he’d ever been in his life.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247795
04/20/21 01:23 PM
04/20/21 01:23 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Still smoking Tom?

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247810
04/20/21 01:45 PM
04/20/21 01:45 PM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
LOL,moosey ,seems like some on here do not read well--or don't comprehend what is written. I never said Nugent was going to wear a mask. I said that those he once called sheep-pretty much were'nt so sheepish now.
But you know how it goes on here. Makes a guy wonder--How many are actually trappers or just pot stirrers.
Tom

Well I guess I could be called a pot stirrer, I had to log in to post. But you could call you self a pot stirrer also, your post was for nothing more then to get a reaction. Why did you feel the need that we need to know what's happening with uncle Ted? Maybe it made you feel some what good that he got covid and had a some what hard time with it? I mean after all he has a different view Point on it then you.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Scuba1] #7247813
04/20/21 01:51 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Scuba1
[Linked Image]

Its kinda amazing people don't understand this.. Simply amazing.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247814
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
It seems like no ones opinions on medical matters mean anything to anyone--unless they are the same as what you believe.
It isn't just medical matters, it is pretty much everything--human nature.
Tom

Couldn't agree with you more

olden tyred
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247823
04/20/21 01:57 PM
04/20/21 01:57 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
I read the article and see no change on his stance. I have a fairly decent ability to comprehend. I would argue, if he called people sheep, he still views them as sheep. Sheep are followers without regard to consideration. Read into it what you want, but if you follow others telling you what to do without thinking for yourself- you are sheep. If you are fearful of a virus, I would wear a fitted respirator designed for keeping virus sized particles out. I am not. I am not living in a spirit of fear. If I get sick, I get sick. My trust is completely in the Lord. I know I am fearfully and wonderfully made and by His stripes I was/am healed. Again, for me death has no sting. I choose to not live in fear and would like others to have the choice how to live their lives without imposing their fear on me and my family. Very simple.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: jeff karsten] #7247824
04/20/21 01:58 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by jeff karsten
It seems like no ones opinions on medical matters mean anything to anyone--unless they are the same as what you believe.
Tom

Couldn't agree with you more

Problem is when opinions are asserted that have no basis in facts but in emotion, you can't have a meaningful debate.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247825
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
Tom

Pot meet kettle...

Pure Blood
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247843
04/20/21 02:23 PM
04/20/21 02:23 PM
Northern MN
A
atrapper Offline
trapper
atrapper  Offline
trapper
A

Northern MN
Tom

Yep, exactly right about that. Pandemics, politics, religion, trapping, etc. The problem I see with this pandemic is that nobody actually knows enough about it to know anything about it. It's only been in existence for a year so the scientific world has little baseline on it. And for those that should be in the know, like the previously mentioned scientist from Stanford, who's to say that he's not being influenced or pressured by one political party or another. Follow the dollar, there are always strings attached somewhere. That being said, we are left to make our own opinions based on our own anecdotal experiences. I'm required to wear a mask every minute that I'm at work as an elementary school teacher. I can't say one way or another if wearing a mask has or hasn't done anything to curb Covid but I can with certainty say that all of the precautions that our school has done with quarantining, mask wearing, and classroom sanitation has resulted in much, much fewer other sicknesses than in previous years. Ever since I've been a teacher, for over a decade, the flu season hits hard between December and March. No flu season this year. It's the first year in all of my years teaching that I personally haven't been sick. My three kids never got a cold or flu all winter which has never happened before. So, say what you want about masks, quarantining, and other precautions related to Covid. I have no idea if any of them have made a difference. I will say with certainty, however, that there have been some silver linings that have come out of all of this. Maybe we've learned something more about the flu or how to keep our society, schools, etc., safer for people.

Last edited by atrapper; 04/20/21 02:26 PM.
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Moosetrot] #7247854
04/20/21 02:40 PM
04/20/21 02:40 PM
MN
160user Offline
trapper
160user  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted by Moosetrot
Careful, Tom! No matter how much you have done to promote trapping, some of your fellow "trappers" on here are about to call you a sheep. Take that, and them, for what they are worth...to you...in your decision to wear a mask.

Still with ya!

Moosetrot

Well said MT! I don't get on here nearly as much as I used to but at a glance I can see things have changed. In the "Old Days" everyone was entitled to their opinion. We were also taught that if you didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Last edited by 160user; 04/20/21 02:40 PM.

I have nothing clever to put here.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247858
04/20/21 02:42 PM
04/20/21 02:42 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Florida is a perfect example of people thinking for themselves and weeding out the bs.

Gov Desantis (spelling?) Decided early on to focus on the elderly and high risk while allowing the populous to continue on with their lives..

Results?......as good or better than the democrat run, shut everything down states and Desantis has a larger population of at risk people.

THATS COLD HARD FACTS FOLKS.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: atrapper] #7247859
04/20/21 02:43 PM
04/20/21 02:43 PM
PA
H
hooftrimmer20 Offline
trapper
hooftrimmer20  Offline
trapper
H

PA
I send my daughter to a private school (not rich, it's a real struggle making it work) that did not do masks or distancing the entire school year, they simply took the students temperatures as they came in (they're not even doing that now) . . they have had no issues whatsoever; oh sure there's been a few colds here and there but that's the extent of it . . that's my first-hand experience with it
Originally Posted by atrapper

Yep, exactly right about that. Pandemics, politics, religion, trapping, etc. The problem I see with this pandemic is that nobody actually knows enough about it to know anything about it. It's only been in existence for a year so the scientific world has little baseline on it. And for those that should be in the know, like the previously mentioned scientist from Stanford, who's to say that he's not being influenced or pressured by one political party or another. Follow the dollar, there are always strings attached somewhere. That being said, we are left to make our own opinions based on our own anecdotal experiences. I'm required to wear a mask every minute that I'm at work as an elementary school teacher. I can't say one way or another if wearing a mask has or hasn't done anything to curb Covid but I can with certainty say that all of the precautions that our school has done with quarantining, mask wearing, and classroom sanitation has resulted in much, much fewer other sicknesses than in previous years. Ever since I've been a teacher, for over a decade, the flu season hits hard between December and March. No flu season this year. It's the first year in all of my years teaching that I personally haven't been sick. My three kids never got a cold or flu all winter which has never happened before. So, say what you want about masks, quarantining, and other precautions related to Covid. I have no idea if any of them have made a difference. I will say with certainty, however, that there have been some silver linings that have come out of all of this. Maybe we've learned something more about the flu or how to keep our society, schools, etc., safer for people.

3%
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: hooftrimmer20] #7247861
04/20/21 02:46 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by hooftrimmer20
I send my daughter to a private school (not rich, it's a real struggle making it work) that did not do masks or distancing the entire school year, they simply took the students temperatures as they came in (they're not even doing that now) . . they have had no issues whatsoever; oh sure there's been a few colds here and there but that's the extent of it . . that's my first-hand experience with it

Yep, same with Florida's results...there are people at risk and its a small percentage of people who need the extra precautions.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247862
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline OP
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline OP
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Rob,things have indeed changed on here. Hope all is well with you.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247868
04/20/21 02:50 PM
04/20/21 02:50 PM
Northern MN
A
atrapper Offline
trapper
atrapper  Offline
trapper
A

Northern MN
Interesting hooftrimmer. Our district too has done health checks each morning by parents and teachers at school. Of course this has caused a lot of quarantining and upset families because of the disruption quarantining causes. Maybe these health checks alone are all it's going to take in the future to keep schools healthier. I hope so.....I'm sick of talking, reading, yelling, and breathing through a mask all day!

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7247870
04/20/21 02:52 PM
04/20/21 02:52 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Hope all's well with you and the misses Tom. I understand you being cautious as I told ya early on, especially about wearing a mask during every flu season if yuns are at risk.

It will help as much for that as it does for this and my wife having worked at nursing homes her entire career she's seen her share of the flu killing the at risk. Do your thing!

What I'm against is officials killing the country when for the majority of the country, this is no worse than catching the flu.

Last edited by hippie; 04/20/21 02:55 PM.
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: 160user] #7247873
04/20/21 02:57 PM
04/20/21 02:57 PM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Offline
trapper
corky  Offline
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by Moosetrot
Careful, Tom! No matter how much you have done to promote trapping, some of your fellow "trappers" on here are about to call you a sheep. Take that, and them, for what they are worth...to you...in your decision to wear a mask.

Still with ya!

Moosetrot

Well said MT! I don't get on here nearly as much as I used to but at a glance I can see things have changed. In the "Old Days" everyone was entitled to their opinion. We were also taught that if you didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

x2

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: atrapper] #7247892
04/20/21 03:32 PM
04/20/21 03:32 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Tom

My experience as well. It seems that with COVID, we had to construct a parachute while on the way down. In that scenario, mistakes and misjudgements will be made, but we all have our right to make personal decisions. Unfortunately that also results in unwarranted name-calling and other schoolyard antics.

Moosetrot

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: k snow] #7247978
04/20/21 05:23 PM
04/20/21 05:23 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty