No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7249459
04/22/21 10:36 AM
04/22/21 10:36 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

There are people reading this that would not be alive had they been born into an era of astonishing medical advancements. My two children for example, both would have died as youngsters because they are both Type 1 diabetics. Is that luck? Some may think so. Not this trapper. My thinking is that'd be a sub-par way to slog through life... thinking one is either lucky or unlucky.

Vaccines are incredible technology and have made raising children virtually seamless versus 120 years ago when infant mortality was much higher. So vaccines are literally a God-send.
For me, the risk-benefit ratio of taking a vaccine to protect against a virus with a low potential to harm me is not worth it. But then, I've been prepping for my later years all my life. Never smoked. Never did drugs. Never drank more than a couple. Eat well because kids were diabetic and we had to. Lots of outdoorsy time. So I was a prepper long before prepping was cool.

Everyone makes these types of life choices and why should I or anyone else impose my views upon them when it comes to these decisions?
Yes. No. Maybe so.
We all make choices.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7249465
04/22/21 10:42 AM
04/22/21 10:42 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
We are definitely following the same social and political pattern of every large nation in history that is headed down its decline. Don't believe me do history study. I believe the Holocaust museum in DC has a time line on the events leading up to Hitler coming to power and what I have read and heard about it, it paints a pretty clear picture. But ignorance in human nature won't let us believe we could go there.

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7249474
04/22/21 10:54 AM
04/22/21 10:54 AM
PA
R
RKG Offline
trapper
RKG  Offline
trapper
R

PA
My biggest concern/fear/worry/prediction is that this is another tool that is going to be used to segregate a certain population, and then give cause for them to be isolated and/or removed. We see this happening with race, religious preference, gender beliefs/choices.... and now, with those who "refuse' the "vaccine".

In all cases, these people are being labeled as enemies to the well being of country, and vitriol is being stoked against them. Not to stereotype, but to basically quote what is being said on media, on forums, in the public square, they are white, evangelical, conservative. Those words, I'm afraid, will soon be replaced with "domestic terrorist".

Whether one decides to take the shot or not, I believe it is that individual's right to decide, but I fear too many are deciding on public opinion or suggestion, and not on them doing their due diligence and educating themselves on all the facts.

I won't take a shot because they tell me I have to. I will wear a mask when businesses require me to (they have the right to refuse service for a variety of reasons), or when situations demand it ( high risk group encounters). If I feel symptomatic, I will self isolate, same as I would during flu or cold season. But the "science" on this gene therapy injection is constantly moving and the data does not support what is being broadcast.

Look up the KY nursing home- 46 infections, and 22 of those were infected AFTER receiving the shot. 2 died, and 1 of them had taken the shot. Where is the 95% efficacy?

If they need to come and arrest me and put me on a leper's colony island... so be it. If someone else decides to take the shot, I wish them the very best and hope that they have confidence in the choice they have made, no judgments.

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7249483
04/22/21 11:00 AM
04/22/21 11:00 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Now we know how China and N. Korea control their communist country.

From brainwashing our children ( 6 billion for schools to teach racism in last stimulus) to controlling our media right down to what you print on your computer.
Once they get D.C. as a state and control the Justices even more than they do now, we're past the point of no return.

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: Leftlane] #7249508
04/22/21 11:25 AM
04/22/21 11:25 AM
Rock Springs, WI
Z
Zim Offline
trapper
Zim  Offline
trapper
Z

Rock Springs, WI
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Maybe it has less to do with ones politics and more to do with their ability to do a dab or critical thinkin.

Riddle me this: if a retailer put down lines or foot prints to guide us while waiting to check out and spaced these spots 6 ft apart then the line gets so long ppl have to push a cart between them, what is the "social distance" between the guy w/ the cart and the 2 ppl in line he passes between?

Answer is 3 ft

Lefty, I never stand on them X's they put down on the floor.
Saw way too many Wiley Coyote - Roadrunner cartoons as a youngster..

Zim

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: Zim] #7249522
04/22/21 11:50 AM
04/22/21 11:50 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by Zim

Lefty, I never stand on them X's they put down on the floor.
Saw way too many Wiley Coyote - Roadrunner cartoons as a youngster..
Zim

Haha there is a good analogy I would not have thought of w/o your comment Zim. If our freedoms are a road runner the people who think they as so powerful and smart as to think it is their place to limit them are definitely the coyote. Bunch a goobers don't even realize control of another man let alone a whole nation of them isn't even possible.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: BernieB.] #7249523
04/22/21 11:51 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Originally Posted by BernieB.
The very fact that the leftists are so adamant that everyone get the vaccine makes me skeptical about it. What do they have to gain by being so controlling? Why can't they just live and let live?

There has to be more to it.

Obviously you don't understand Bernie.
Its not live and let live. Its die and let die.
As long as we let the virus run rampant it will. There are several strains that means generations of the virus and each one is different. If we stop it now it cannot make more generations and it will go away.
Its really simple
The virus it a killer so
Stop sniveling and go get your shots , and wear a mask when its a possibility you can get or spread it.
IT AIN'T A POLITICAL THING.
just

Last edited by AKAjust; 04/22/21 12:00 PM.
Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7249524
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Question for you. Back in the 50's and 60's the country (and shortly after the world) made a huge push for everybody to get their kids vaccinated for polio. Was that also the liberals trying to control everybody?

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7249526
04/22/21 11:55 AM
04/22/21 11:55 AM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Question for you. Back in the 50's and 60's the country (and shortly after the world) made a huge push for everybody to get their kids vaccinated for polio. Was that also the liberals trying to control everybody?

Back in the 50s a man with a job could afford for his wife to stay home and be a mother and a wife- things are changin and have been for the past 70 years (can you see what I did there?)

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7249532
04/22/21 12:11 PM
04/22/21 12:11 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Never thought i'd say this but signed up for the shots WHY my neighbors have covid 1 gal didnt get the shot shes getting worse everyday now hospitalized her husband got vaccinated was sick for a couple days got better we stood up in each others weddings 40 years ago said he'd drag me behind the truck but i'm goin Got another call from my son young gal 34 years old 3 kids not expected to make the day I know both families well she wouldn't get the vaccine he had to for work

You guys didn't quit FB you just moved it here

olden tyred
Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7249533
04/22/21 12:12 PM
04/22/21 12:12 PM
NW PA
W
washxc Offline
trapper
washxc  Offline
trapper
W

NW PA
Just, 5 % of the world is vaccinated. Every person in the USA could be vaccinated right now and it wouldn't mean anything. Are you going to stop people from traveling to other parts of the world forever? Did ya see how fast the virus made its round worldwide? It's here, it's never going away. Treatments will improve over time and when/if the media and politicians stop using it as a wedge to divide people it will slink into the background.

Besides, your vaccine doesn't mean you're not going to get the virus. It is supposed to mean that you have less of a chance of serious infection and hospitalization. Read that again, the vaccine does not stop you from getting the virus.

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7249536
04/22/21 12:19 PM
04/22/21 12:19 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler

This is an argument the communists make all the time. Its not even relevant. This virus, isnt polio, ebola, or the black plague. Its no more dangerous than the common flu. Six months ago you could have argued that point, but you cant now. The numbers dont lie. Lets take an honest look at your example. Back in the 50s if they would have had a medication that would have stopped you from getting polio, or helped you recover from it in just hours, do you think it would have been in widespread use?? Or lets say they did some studies that showed if your vitamin D levels were good 9 out of 10 people would have no problem with polio. Dont you think that message would have been on the front page of every paper??

I think we both know the answer to those questions. So why have they fought HQ and ivermectin so hard?? The data on it is indisputable now. Why havent they made the masses aware of how important it is to keep your vitamin D levels up?? They have, and continue to censor any doctor that tries to get the message out. At no time in history have we ever given millions and millions of people a vaccine like this. Why?? I might understand it if the virus had a high fatality rate, but it doesnt.

Answer these questions rationally instead of just sweeping them under the rug, and more people would listen.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: jeff karsten] #7249540
04/22/21 12:24 PM
04/22/21 12:24 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Never thought i'd say this but signed up for the shots WHY my neighbors have covid 1 gal didnt get the shot shes getting worse everyday now hospitalized her husband got vaccinated was sick for a couple days got better we stood up in each others weddings 40 years ago said he'd drag me behind the truck but i'm goin Got another call from my son young gal 34 years old 3 kids not expected to make the day I know both families well she wouldn't get the vaccine he had to for work

The first question I would be asking is why are they not giving her ivermectin. News reported on a couple of families that ended up going to court to force the doctors to give it to their grandmother. Once they started giving the lady ivermectin she started improving in hours and she was on a ventilator.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7249565
04/22/21 12:49 PM
04/22/21 12:49 PM
PA
R
RKG Offline
trapper
RKG  Offline
trapper
R

PA
The shot does not make one immune from the virus. The shot does not kill the virus. Information is out there, it needs to be read (not listened to on the idiot box or radio).

The shot is designed to work only against the main strain of COVID. it does not prevent or stop infection (which is why one still needs to wear a mask and social distance AFTER getting shot). It is meant to minimize the severe symptoms and prevent hospitalizations and death. One can still contract the virus, and transmit the virus after being stabbed in the arm.

The current shots have no effect on the variant strains. If fact, according to some experts, the shot actually blocks one's inherent immune system from fighting the variants, making those effects even worse.

Fauci and others are already admitting that individuals will need another "booster" shot every year, forever, as variants continue to emerge. Just like the flu shot, this shot will be a yearly thing, maybe even more than yearly depending on the strains that emerge and their effects.

Additionally, this shot is "gene therapy", it is a messenger RNA that becomes a permanent part of one's being. You cannot get rid of it. One the good side, you get the good benefits that you can never get rid of. On the bad side, any bad effects ( and who knows what the long term effects might be? ) will be with a person forever.

Stop calling it a vaccine. It is not a vaccine by definition or by practice. Stop saying it will kill the virus. That is a lie that is even admitted to by the CDC and experts. Stop saying there is no harmful effects. No one knows, there has not been any trials- those who have received their shots ARE the trials.

Last edited by RKG; 04/22/21 12:50 PM.
Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7249575
04/22/21 01:05 PM
04/22/21 01:05 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
For you nay sayers
Polio is NOT the problem it was in the 50s - 60s. WHY/ because of the polio vaccine. Notice the period.
We vaccinated the US first and then the world.
Covid is NOT the common flu. Its more dangerous. 500,000+ Americans have never died from the flu in a year.
RKG your information is wrong. Fauci said we might need a booster shot.
Notice the word might.
You guys really need to be better informed.
just

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: yukon254] #7249577
04/22/21 01:07 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by jeff karsten

The first question I would be asking is why are they not giving her ivermectin. News reported on a couple of families that ended up going to court to force the doctors to give it to their grandmother. Once they started giving the lady ivermectin she started improving in hours and she was on a ventilator.

Well i've argued that with my 2 kids and their spouses for over a year they're all registered nurses and have watched many die so far and watched some recover there are no absolutes Should you try everything on a dying patient (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) Yes till a next of kin files a lawsuit What changed my mind is my son telling me covid is not what kills most its the body's response to the virius thats deadly

olden tyred
Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7249578
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
lol

X2

Report a post club - Non member

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: NonPCfed] #7249582
04/22/21 01:13 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I lost an aunt and uncle to Covid19 back in December. They were both in their mid to late 80's. Both lived a fruitful life, raising their children in the Truth. Hated to see them go.
That being said, I don't plan on vaccination any time soon.

Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: AKAjust] #7249583
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by AKAjust
500,000+ Americans have never died from the flu in a year.

They would have if every death was determined to be the flu. This is a bigger hoax than the Biden fraudulent election.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: why are they so touchy about the vax...? [Re: AKAjust] #7249594
04/22/21 01:33 PM
04/22/21 01:33 PM
PA
R
RKG Offline
trapper
RKG  Offline
trapper
R

PA
Originally Posted by AKAjust
For you nay sayers

RKG your information is wrong. Fauci said we might need a booster shot.
Notice the word might.
You guys really need to be better informed.
just

Let's both check back here 12 months from now. I'm willing to admit that I was wrong, if that is the case (granted the isolation destination where I get shipped to has internet...)

I'm glad you are at peace with your decision, and I hope that others are at peace with theirs, regardless of what that decision was, or will be.

PS
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/dr-...er-shots-for-covid-vaccine-timeline.html

Ultimately, “if it turns out [to last] a year or a year and a half, we very well may need to get booster shots to keep up the level of protection,” Fauci said.

Protection could end up lasting two to three years, but the point is that boosters are still on the table as a possibility, he told Politico on April 5.

Moderna plans to have booster shots ready by the fall, CEO Stephane Bancel told CNBC’s “Squawk Box” Wednesday. Pfizer said in February that it was testing a third booster dose of its vaccine.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread