No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7126843
01/08/21 12:44 PM
01/08/21 12:44 PM
uniontown pa
G
gutthooked Offline
trapper
gutthooked  Offline
trapper
G

uniontown pa
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Heres what I ate to lose weight, try to eat 75% raw vegetables in your meals. Eat till your full. I lost 32lbs the 1st month and am down 55lbs now. Hope this helps someone. This was from a program through my health insurance along with a health coach. This works well you gotta want to do it. My dr says I need to lose a few more lbs as my glucose has been high for the last year.

Also drink 1/2 orange juice with a 1/4 teaspoon of pink sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tarter if you feel like your on a diet at the beginning.. This stuff really helped me with the headaches and being nauseous from getting off the crap processed foods I was eating. Hope this helps someone. Good luck!!!

My cholesterol has went down about 100 points now.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7126916
01/08/21 01:43 PM
01/08/21 01:43 PM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline
trapper
bhugo  Offline
trapper

Flint, Michigan
Low carb and I usually only eat 1 or 2 meals a day. Lost 120 lbs over last 3 years. You still have to keep calorie low if you want to lose weight. You can easily gain if you eat too much no matter how low the carb. I feel tremendously better on low carb whether I am losing weight or maintaining. Every so often I’ll cheat for a day or 2, like at deer camp, and I will feel miserable and bloated for days.

Decent low carb high fiber breads and wraps for fast meals occasionally, soups, stews and meats are always good. Just gotta drop the high carb veggies. Radish actually makes great potato sub in a soup or stew. The regular radish flavor is not present after stewing. Kinda like a low taste potato...

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7285797
06/13/21 10:58 PM
06/13/21 10:58 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I know this is old, had to search before I asked and started a new thread.
I wanted to lose some weight and my workouts and running just wasn’t cutting it so I did this 10 day Ketone Challenge. I decided with the drinks I’d be drinking that I would also change my diet as well…Ketone Diet, which has already been stated of high fat, med protein, and low to zero carbs.
Today is day number 11 and I won’t know how much weight I’ve lost until I hit the gym tomorrow, but I know I’ve lost. Even my wife has noticed in just 11 days.
It was sorta tough at first, but I made up my mind I’d try it for 10 days and by God I made it. I don’t want to call it a diet because it’s really not a diet. I’m just eating healthy foods now and my body is burning fat vs carbs. The hardest thing for me was giving up sweet tea and Mt. Dews. I was drinking 6-8 cans a day, lol.
Now I’m drinking water, one glass of V8 a day, and just found zero carbs/zero sugar Gatorade. At least it’s something other than water.
I do know for some reason I stay thirstier than before and can put away some water, lol. You’d think with all the water you’d get bloated, but I don’t. I sleep like a baby now. I mean sho’nuff lights out sleep.
It was tough figuring out foods I could and couldn’t eat, and it seems after a few days my tastebuds are different. Foods I wouldn’t consider before taste pretty dang good now. I’m not totally zero carbs yet, but try and keep it to below 25 grams a day. I really think the no/extremely low sugar is what changed my taste.
Just wanted to share incase anyone else was considering this eating change. I’ll post my weight loss tomorrow. I started on June 3 at 193 on the gym scales.

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7285844
06/13/21 11:31 PM
06/13/21 11:31 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Congrats.

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7285851
06/13/21 11:38 PM
06/13/21 11:38 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Yeah way to go, let us know what the scale says

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7286077
06/14/21 09:40 AM
06/14/21 09:40 AM
NY
R
Rat_Pack Offline
trapper
Rat_Pack  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Sumner is a good time to start. Easier to reduce carbs with all the fresh veggies and fruits around. If you want a carb fix go with a wrap or an open face burger. Drink lots of water

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7286124
06/14/21 10:37 AM
06/14/21 10:37 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

lost 30 in a month by accident just stopping breads because of diabetes. Now i wear jeans I couldnt wear in 4 yrs. Im 12 pounds above my high school weight at 62. I was lighter in s.e. asia just because of the foods,,exercise and sweat.

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7286137
06/14/21 11:05 AM
06/14/21 11:05 AM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
No potatoes or bread, two months I lost five lbs, that's all , I guess I wasn't eating too many carbs

Re: Low carb? [Re: Tactical.20] #7286150
06/14/21 11:17 AM
06/14/21 11:17 AM
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Tactical.20
No potatoes or bread, two months I lost five lbs, that's all , I guess I wasn't eating too many carbs

well t20,,theres lots of carbs in other things too,,certain fruits and veggies even. Oranges have quite a bit....its not only carbs but calories that put on fat. If youre not over 50-55 you probably dont need to worry much. At 50 in philippines I was at 167 under my high school weight but then I was getting EXTREME workouts 4-5 times a day. Seems to me I remember you also doing carpet cleaning etc so You probably burn alot of calories.

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7286181
06/14/21 12:06 PM
06/14/21 12:06 PM
ohio
T
tomahawker Offline
trapper
tomahawker  Offline
trapper
T

ohio
A simple diet plan to follow is just shop on the outside aisle at the the grocery store. As already mentioned cut the sugar drinks out. Drink yer coffee black. Eat mustard not mayonnaise. Get active

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7286206
06/14/21 12:58 PM
06/14/21 12:58 PM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
Ketosis requires more water, thats why you are more thirsty. You have to process more through your kidneys and they will require larger amounts of water. I can tell when I'm in and out of K based on how much my water intake changes. Upwards of 1 to 1.5 gallons a day when in K. It can be a tough lifestyle as eating out is limited and planning meals is essential to success. American cuisine is designed around carbs to fill you up cheaply.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: Low carb? [Re: yukon254] #7286279
06/14/21 02:37 PM
06/14/21 02:37 PM
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline
trapper
N

New York
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by DecoyMacoy
3 meals a day + low fat + whole grains + veg oils + sugar is the reason 80% of the country is fat and sick.

Since going to mostly red meat/animal products (human food) years ago I've lost a lot of weight, eat way less overall (usually 1 or 2 meals in a 4hr window) , sleep better, live better. My 40 yr old body would kick my 20yr old @$$ and I'm overall less active than I was then.

To say a diet of real food (meat) is unstainable is beyond laughable.

I do the same thing, one or two meals in a 4-hour window. My experience is same as yours. I've never felt better and would never go back. How many years you been doing it?

This saved my life in 2012. This very piece that was on the tv. Here it is (I kept it for these instances):

https://www.trappersreport.com/story/Hunter-Trapper-Health_THE-SECRET-(1of3)

I'm doing it exactly to this day. See WilliamDavisMD on Twitter and his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/WilliamDavisWheatBelly/videos

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7286289
06/14/21 02:55 PM
06/14/21 02:55 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I eat 4-5 meals a day. 3000 calories or so total, sometimes more but never much less.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7286300
06/14/21 03:18 PM
06/14/21 03:18 PM
Henry Co, IL
3togo Offline
trapper
3togo  Offline
trapper

Henry Co, IL
Since this was first posted in January I have watched a bunch of Dr podcasts on youtube concerning keto, leaky gut, and various other related medical things that can be controlled by eating differently. My original goal was to remove as much sugar from my diet as reasonable. That meant almost all starches, sugar, and alcohol (I never drank much anyway). But granola bars, sandwiches, grain and beans/legumes were big in my diet. I have always maintained my weight because I bike and weight train year around. Along with the trapping, lawn mowing, any wood cutting, etc.

The first guy I found on Youtube was Thomas De Lauer. Not a Dr but a knowledgeable keto guy. He posts something everyday.

Dr Steven Gundry, retired heart surgeon. Not full keto, but since retiring from doing heart surgery 20 years ago has been researching and practicing what he calls restorative medicine. New podcast every Friday.

Dr Mark Hyman, Cleveland Clinic. Still practicing, similar to Gundy in believing that most human illness is caused by the wrong type of diet and can for the most part be cured or controlled with the correct diet. I believe he also has a podcast and there is a portal on the Cleveland Clinic website where he can be found along with his staff for online information/help.

The two Dr's agree that a protein called "lectin" in many grains, legumes, and nightshade family vegetables cause many people problems. Of course, some people are also allergic to A1 milk protein.

Anyone can also go to lowcarbdownunder on Youtube and watch any of the posted seminar talks from any number of Dr's and researchers.

ALL HAVE ONE BELIEF IN COMMON. The standard American food pyramid is upside down. You want mostly fat (about 70%), moderate protein (20%), and a few carbs.

Hope this new information helps. And I apologize (not really) for keeping myself in good healthy condition my whole life. (I'll be 70 in early August.)

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7286423
06/14/21 06:37 PM
06/14/21 06:37 PM
eastern WV
R
Ridge Runner1960 Offline
trapper
Ridge Runner1960  Offline
trapper
R

eastern WV
You could lose 5# a week just drinking all the water you can with no other changes. when you drink water, your body has to process it at a faster pace, it speeds up your metabolism.

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7286636
06/14/21 10:41 PM
06/14/21 10:41 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Ok, got on the scales after eating a ham and cheese wrap and a 16oz water and I’ve lost 7# since I last weighed on June 3. But here’s the weird thing…lost .75 in my waist. Yeah I could’ve sucked it in and claimed more but I wasn’t sucking in when I took the first measurements so didn’t on this one.
I have stuck to my normal workouts and cardio throughout the process. I bet if I was to fast with no drink or water for 24hrs the weight would be lower, but why? I’m eating good and do it every couple of hours. Just don’t have the appetite like I had before. Sometimes I have to make myself eat just a little something just because it’s needed, lol. I’m a believer that to keep that metabolism going it needs something in there to attack. Cool thing is I found protein tortillas with only 3grams of carbs. Almonds and pistachios with some bacon are breakfast. A chicken salad or a wrap with tuna, chicken, salmon, or ham and all with mozzarella cheese is lunch. And I make myself eat a meat and generally green beans for an early supper. Always eat while I’m still active. As stated before water is my drink of choice, a small glass of V8 before my workouts, a Gatorade zero during my evening meal, then back to water the rest of the evening.

Re: Low carb? [Re: Ridge Runner1960] #7286639
06/14/21 10:44 PM
06/14/21 10:44 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
You could lose 5# a week just drinking all the water you can with no other changes. when you drink water, your body has to process it at a faster pace, it speeds up your metabolism.

Hmmm, tried that before, didn’t work for me. All I felt then was bloated. May have been the foods I was eating. Guessing a large pizza and water wasn’t the ideal recipe.

Re: Low carb? [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7286964
06/15/21 11:20 AM
06/15/21 11:20 AM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Another great benefit of the keto/low carb lifestyle which, I don't believe has been touched on yet in this thread, is the mental clarity, high energy levels and near euphoric like feeling of mental well being and positivity.

absolutely.... The fog lifts and your mind is in a better place.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: Low carb? [Re: Wanna Be] #7286966
06/15/21 11:21 AM
06/15/21 11:21 AM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Ok, got on the scales after eating a ham and cheese wrap and a 16oz water and I’ve lost 7# since I last weighed on June 3. But here’s the weird thing…lost .75 in my waist. Yeah I could’ve sucked it in and claimed more but I wasn’t sucking in when I took the first measurements so didn’t on this one.
I have stuck to my normal workouts and cardio throughout the process. I bet if I was to fast with no drink or water for 24hrs the weight would be lower, but why? I’m eating good and do it every couple of hours. Just don’t have the appetite like I had before. Sometimes I have to make myself eat just a little something just because it’s needed, lol. I’m a believer that to keep that metabolism going it needs something in there to attack. Cool thing is I found protein tortillas with only 3grams of carbs. Almonds and pistachios with some bacon are breakfast. A chicken salad or a wrap with tuna, chicken, salmon, or ham and all with mozzarella cheese is lunch. And I make myself eat a meat and generally green beans for an early supper. Always eat while I’m still active. As stated before water is my drink of choice, a small glass of V8 before my workouts, a Gatorade zero during my evening meal, then back to water the rest of the evening.

Don't force yourself to eat. Eat when hungry, it'll work itself out. When I began I quickly got to where I ate breakfast and lunch, and that was it. No snacks, no dinner. You end up doing intermittent fasting without trying to.

--Mark Twain.

Re: Low carb? [Re: yote_trapper20] #7287045
06/15/21 02:47 PM
06/15/21 02:47 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Online content
trapper
ScottW  Online Content
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Nice reading all of this. I'm kind of a yoyo for health and weight myself. Just getting back in the wagon again. Last few years have been a little challenging having two kids and a sick wife for entire pregnancies. We get our first CSA farm share this week so will be rolling in the veggies for 17 weeks now, so that makes it a bit easier.

I will agree, water is pivotal. And for me, I sometimes just let her rip and do what I want such as when in vacation etc. My guts go in a funk for a couple days after but recover. Last summer I had a whole new wrench thrown in as I had two bouts with gout(I think.....never went to doctor) and now one more this year. I think I have that narrowed down to peanuts and possibly alcohol. I also did intermittent fasting for a solid year, then quit, and have kinda reverted back to it naturally.

I'm not as low carb as some of you, but when I'm thinking and planning what I eat I consume SIGNIFICANTLY less carbs and I I'm turn feel way better in general.

Keep at it everyone! Happy trapping! ScottW

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread