ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Powered Cage Traps覧- [Re: Aix sponsa] #7433200
12/16/21 12:28 PM
12/16/21 12:28 PM
Ontario
K
Kermit Offline
trapper
Kermit  Offline
trapper
K

Ontario
And when you replace trigger wire do not make a loop. You can end up "snareing" in a live trap. The wires can have no loops.

Re: Powered Cage Traps覧- [Re: Aix sponsa] #7439500
12/23/21 12:03 PM
12/23/21 12:03 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
It has been pointed out that though looped trigger wires on some wire trigger traps, other than ours, may be problematic, when designed properly looped trigger wires will work just fine. We have two types of looped trigger wires that work great on our 9x11 traps and one type for the 12x12 traps with no points and no way for an animal to become ensnared because the wires simply detach from the trigger bar and drop to the bottom of cage once the catch is made. Captured animals generally do not bend or break the wires once they have popped off, though nothing is 100%. Just has to do with the personality of the individual animal captured and or the section of the country. Once the wires have detached, if bent, they can be easily bent back into shape outside of the trap and quickly reattached. This helps a lot when dealing with tough animal like raccoons, fisher, badger and armadillos that can be really rough on fixed trigger wires.

Re: Powered Cage Traps覧- [Re: Jim Comstock] #7445947
12/30/21 07:47 PM
12/30/21 07:47 PM
North East Illinois
C
carlswildlife Offline
trapper
carlswildlife  Offline
trapper
C

North East Illinois
I have tried most traps for trapping beavers over the past 40 years of ADC work here in Illinois with no question the Comstock beaver traps are getting me more work and therefore more beaver in my ADC business. People like the idea I am using a cage trap in an urban area.

Re: Powered Cage Traps覧- [Re: Kermit] #7447425
01/01/22 05:30 AM
01/01/22 05:30 AM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Originally Posted by Kermit
And when you replace trigger wire do not make a loop. You can end up "snareing" in a live trap. The wires can have no loops.

In my arsenal of Comstock traps there are different trigger wire systems. Not one is capable of inadvertently snaring an animal. It appears not possible even if the user intentionally tried to create that result. The above contention appears to be typical misinformation or disinformation typical of current fake news reporters.

I would not want to run my business without my Comstock traps.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: Powered Cage Traps覧 [Re: Willy Firewood] #7447611
01/01/22 11:12 AM
01/01/22 11:12 AM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by Willy Firewood
Originally Posted by Kermit

In my arsenal of Comstock traps there are different trigger wire systems. Not one is capable of inadvertently snaring an animal. It appears not possible even if the user intentionally tried to create that result. The above contention appears to be typical misinformation or disinformation typical of current fake news reporters.

I would not want to run my business without my Comstock traps.

Sometime over the next 60 days I will do a video showing the distinct differences of a trap using a support mechanism versus a swing bar for trigger.I will show advantages and disadvantages of both. Changing the trigger on a trap with a support mechanism can be done in less than two minutes and 30 seconds. The type of trigger that it supports is far superior to any other trigger system wire trigger system. It can be used as a pan it can be used as a wire trigger bite and pull trigger a one-way trigger and a multitude of other designs and configurations..
For someone to Say any differently just doesn稚 know he痴 limited on what he does know or was trying to push A product that has an inferior trigger system.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread