No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7519654
03/06/22 07:18 PM
03/06/22 07:18 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
$4.75 Diesel here tonight :-(

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: danvee] #7519666
03/06/22 07:31 PM
03/06/22 07:31 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by danvee
You blame it all on the XL pipeline leg that Biden stopped. If he had not stopped it, it would still not be in operation yet today.

Nice try there covering for your guy Biden, but if he had not stopped it, it would be a lot closer to operational today. If/when they ever come to their senses and realize it's not good for national security to be dependant on energy from countries that hate us, do you know how long it will take just to get back to working on that line?

So the administration is supposed to mandate the oil companies to drill or subsidies them even more than what they are now. Maybe the Dems should just pass out free gas cards? and by our fur? Its called business and capitalism.

Explain to me how the government stepping in and shutting down a partially completed pipeline is capitalism.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7519759
03/06/22 08:45 PM
03/06/22 08:45 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
It is only capitalism when the U.S. prevents Russian natural gas lines being built by the private sector in Europe.

Last edited by Dirt; 03/06/22 08:50 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7520133
03/07/22 01:57 AM
03/07/22 01:57 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Walleye so when is it ok in America to put a pipeline across another's land if they dont want it be
Dem. or Rep. Native Americans didn't want the pipeline to cross the little bit of land they are on. A lot of ranchers and the State of Neb. objected to it. Why not drill and mine the state of MN for cheaper minerals and oil. as a matter of fact dump the waste into the 10,000 lakes you have it would even be cheaper to produce products. Lets net all those lakes so we can have cheap fish fries. Im not against extraction of minerals, coal or oil production but not at the cost of taking someone's land or polluting it for cheaper gas. I know how oil companies and mining companies avoid costs taking short cuts and leaving towns with a mess. We have a nuclear power plant that is going to be built in Wy not sure I like that but its coming, they figure keep it in wide open spaces so when there is a mishap it wont kill hundreds of thousands of people. We have fracking waste coming into wells in Wy because of cheap oil not a real happy situation when your water is no longer safe to drink. Im not a hypocrite we need energy but I cherish the state I live in, clean water, air and the wildlife.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: danvee] #7520151
03/07/22 02:56 AM
03/07/22 02:56 AM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Walleye so when is it ok in America to put a pipeline across another's land if they dont want it be
Dem. or Rep. Native Americans didn't want the pipeline to cross the little bit of land they are on. A lot of ranchers and the State of Neb. objected to it. Why not drill and mine the state of MN for cheaper minerals and oil. as a matter of fact dump the waste into the 10,000 lakes you have it would even be cheaper to produce products. Lets net all those lakes so we can have cheap fish fries. Im not against extraction of minerals, coal or oil production but not at the cost of taking someone's land or polluting it for cheaper gas. I know how oil companies and mining companies avoid costs taking short cuts and leaving towns with a mess. We have a nuclear power plant that is going to be built in Wy not sure I like that but its coming, they figure keep it in wide open spaces so when there is a mishap it wont kill hundreds of thousands of people. We have fracking waste coming into wells in Wy because of cheap oil not a real happy situation when your water is no longer safe to drink. Im not a hypocrite we need energy but I cherish the state I live in, clean water, air and the wildlife.

You sound like the common denominater,.Putting America first seems foreign to you ?
You assume we cant exploit our natural resources without environmental catastrophe ?
America needs a push to accommodate our production of green energy? Where will that nickle come from if not mined in the USA?,..dependent
again on foreign sources?,..Indonesia?
I think the state of world affairs should assure us, that looking after ourselves is priority number one.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: Dirt] #7520158
03/07/22 03:35 AM
03/07/22 03:35 AM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Originally Posted by Dirt
It is only capitalism when the U.S. prevents Russian natural gas lines being built by the private sector in Europe.

That's called common sense.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: danvee] #7520176
03/07/22 06:29 AM
03/07/22 06:29 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan

This is the classic "Zig and Zag" .....Started at the end of this thread, read last page. Got interested enough to go to first post and read through. "Zig and Zag"....

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: danvee] #7520220
03/07/22 08:01 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN

Nice job using a disconnected environmental rant to completely avoid my questions.

We just completed the repacement of Enbridge line three in 2021, with a new more efficient, and safer pipeline across MN. Native Americans had concerns so they altered the alingment to avoid tribal lands. They used a very thorough environmental review process and modern methods of crossing sensative areas like stream crossings, wetlands, with directional boring. No body was dumping waste into any lakes and the only ones netting any lakes for cheap fish fries were the native americans. Not that any of this really matters to you because it was just a rant to avoid legitamate questions about flawed Biden administration policies.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: mnsota] #7520221
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by mnsota
Originally Posted by Dirt

That's called common sense.

If Europe starts buying more LNG from the U.S. because we limited their supply from Russia thereby increasing the demand for U.S. natural gas, how will that affect the price of natural gas in the U.S?

I'll ask it another way if the demand for raccoon pelts increases, what happens to the price of raccoon pelts?

Who is John Galt?
Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: walleye101] #7520315
03/07/22 09:54 AM
03/07/22 09:54 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by walleye101

Nice job using a disconnected environmental rant to completely avoid my questions.

We just completed the repacement of Enbridge line three in 2021, with a new more efficient, and safer pipeline across MN. Native Americans had concerns so they altered the alingment to avoid tribal lands. They used a very thorough environmental review process and modern methods of crossing sensative areas like stream crossings, wetlands, with directional boring. No body was dumping waste into any lakes and the only ones netting any lakes for cheap fish fries were the native americans. Not that any of this really matters to you because it was just a rant to avoid legitamate questions about flawed Biden administration policies.

Danvee

They did finish the upgraded pipeline. You would only know it by the cleared strip of land that runs atop it. If we go to “green” energy the electric power needs are going need a much more extensive grid and far more of those cleared strips criss crossing the northland here. As far as mining the greens have shut down the new mine project down by Babbit. They are also closing an existing iron operation there in a few months. We have tried to accommodate mining.

No one for the most part in Itasca county owns their mineral rights underground. A company out of Colorado a few years ago bought the rights to that county a few years ago. The land I have there can be mined wether I like it or not. Part of the original State School Trust agreements which Dems a long time ago corrupted.
The Indians currently do have the rights to net lakes over a wide swath of Minnesota.

Danvee I think there is far more to locating a power plant than wide open spaces.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7520352
03/07/22 10:20 AM
03/07/22 10:20 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Im not agreeing with Biden administration on green energy though it will be part of the makeup of energy consumption. The point Im trying to make is Biden or anyone person is responsible for the increase in fuel prices. Im sure it has gone up in other countries just as it has here in the states. I live in a state were coal is produced and we have coal fired power plants, I understand how electric vehicles are charged. I also know how the oil companies work, play games and rig the deck. Right before Biden took office there were large amounts of federal land leased that are still not being drilled and oil companies are saying the Bakken fields have matured, and now the new big oil fields are in west Texas. I know there is still more potential in the Bakken fields but most is still off line.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7520403
03/07/22 11:07 AM
03/07/22 11:07 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
As for the high price get some oil stocks to hedge the cost. Exxon up today again over 2% Chevron is up 1.8% The oil companies are loving us to death.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7520439
03/07/22 12:05 PM
03/07/22 12:05 PM
West Virginia,age 49
cathryn Offline
bvr-takr-upr
cathryn  Offline
bvr-takr-upr

West Virginia,age 49
5.05 for diesel here. 3.99 gor reg unleaded.

It was 3.29 for gas and 3.15 for diesel 4 days ago

IF IDIOTS GREW ON TREES THIS PLACE WOULD BE AN ORCHARD !

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7520485
03/07/22 01:07 PM
03/07/22 01:07 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
$4.38 for off road diesel. $4.79 for on road diesel. Gas $3.99 Dyke,VA.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: danvee] #7520555
03/07/22 02:23 PM
03/07/22 02:23 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Im not agreeing with Biden administration on green energy though it will be part of the makeup of energy consumption. The point Im trying to make is Biden or anyone person is responsible for the increase in fuel prices.

Yes, alternative energy sources will eventually be part, perhaps a large part, of future energy consumption. Some of us would prefer that to happen, where advancements in alternative energy make it more efficient, out competing fossil fuels in a free market. Of course Biden is not totally responsible for the increase in fuel prices, but anyone capable of looking at this objectively knows that his energy policies, including stopping the Keystone pipeline, are intended to artificially inflate oil prices to make "green energy" appear an affordable alternative.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7520560
03/07/22 02:30 PM
03/07/22 02:30 PM
UP Michigan
Yooper1978 Offline
trapper
Yooper1978  Offline
trapper

UP Michigan
Today at the pump.

7AF9F388-7D5D-488C-8564-94D9DE296F94.jpeg
Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7520564
03/07/22 02:32 PM
03/07/22 02:32 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Went to Costco earlier, not sure what was worse, the $0.53 increase in 5 days $3.69 today or the massive line. I've never seen the line so long I didn't get gas. It was probably a 30 minute wait

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7520568
03/07/22 02:35 PM
03/07/22 02:35 PM
GA
C
canebrake Offline
trapper
canebrake  Offline
trapper
C

GA
Build Back Better!

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7520614
03/07/22 03:23 PM
03/07/22 03:23 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
yeah saw costco line in Colorado people filling up jugs again 4 wheeled bombs.

Re: Gas prices < not a joke [Re: rags57078] #7520628
03/07/22 03:32 PM
03/07/22 03:32 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
When democrats can chase a burnt out stump like Ozzy Osborne out of the country, you have to be pretty dense to support what he can see is over the top.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread