No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Big Game Air Guns [Re: Providence Farm] #7618129
07/02/22 09:40 PM
07/02/22 09:40 PM
St. James, Missouri
Bigbuck Offline
trapper
Bigbuck  Offline
trapper

St. James, Missouri
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Nice set up big buck. My mission x bow came with a hawk scope and it has worked perfectly for 11 years. I had not heard of them before and was not confident in it but I was proven wrong. It's been a great optic.

Thanks PF.
Hawke scopes are huge over in Europe just like Leupold scopes are here in the states. They are becoming bigger in the USA and yes they are great scopes.

A long hair country boy can survive
Re: Big Game Air Guns [Re: ILcooner] #7618137
07/02/22 09:45 PM
07/02/22 09:45 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by ILcooner
I have to ask the question...WHY???

solving a problem which did not exist IMO, so many good legal deer and big game rifles and calibers out there now with tons of effective bullet options. These seem like a huge upfront cost with no real benefits (unless a felony conviction prevents someone from owning a traditional firearm)

Am I missing something?

You can legally suppress them without involving the ATF. I wanted quiet guns for around the yard and didn't want to go through the hassle of suppressing a .22

Re: Big Game Air Guns [Re: Sshaffer] #7618139
07/02/22 09:46 PM
07/02/22 09:46 PM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
makes sense. Thanks!

Re: Big Game Air Guns [Re: Sshaffer] #7618176
07/02/22 10:48 PM
07/02/22 10:48 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
IL coon they are really amazing once you learn them. I have stayed with the small cal air guns due to cost but would love a big one.

Why did I buy air guns? My boys had .22s shotguns and centerline rifles and we can shoot then out the back door. No reason to buy air guns right?
I am into economics first and looking ahead I saw the ammo shortage coming. And I know my boys need more shooting practice than they had been getting. So I started looking at airguns. Pellets are cheap and on the shelf when .22 bullets are not. They are accurate and powerful enough to confidentiality kill anything I would also use a.22 with. While researching airguns on an airgun form I saw a sell posted in the deals thread where midway had the benjamin maximus for $90 off so $130 & free shipping so I ordered 2. An air pump was 60 from Amazon 2 cheap 40$ 4× Simon's scopes from Walmart that came with rings and they were set.

They have shot thousands of shots with them killed lots of game and varmints. Best of all every shot keep them out of my .22 ammo and was cheaper also.

Big bore is the same just higher cost of entry,. Man it's fun and to be honest I would love to shoot a deer with pellet gun, it would be more challenging like bow hunting. But the cost has not been practical for me yet for another tool when I allread have tools that work. Especially when the bill for the new septic system , and daughter tuition is coming up and that is how it has seemed to be the last few years alway so thing more important coming up.

Check out some of the small caliber guns and you may find you really like them. Watch some u tube video
of guys hunting with them making amazing shots at distance you would not dream an airgun could shoot. Warning it could get addicted .

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/02/22 10:50 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread