No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: bowhunter27295] #7629622
07/18/22 01:10 PM
07/18/22 01:10 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Best reasoning i have heard for not buying an electric vehicle was put like this,
You go buy the best laptop or phone on the market today and what is it worth in five years? Why , because in 5 years the technology is so far superior to what you bought nobody wants it because it doesn't work or is not compatible with the new technology. Electric cars are like any other piece of computer technology. By the time you pay it off and for the new computer updates it would need along with the batteries and other maintenance. You'll have almost paid half another new one that is the new technology and start again.

The f150 electric get about 150 miles towing well its 166 from Reno to Winnemucca and the only towns in between are Fernley (30 miles from Reno) and Lovelock which doesn't have a charging station.. Not practical out west when the distances start to open up.

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: nvwrangler] #7629625
07/18/22 01:14 PM
07/18/22 01:14 PM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Best reasoning i have heard for not buying an electric vehicle was put like this,
You go buy the best laptop or phone on the market today and what is it worth in five years? Why , because in 5 years the technology is so far superior to what you bought nobody wants it because it doesn't work or is not compatible with the new technology. Electric cars are like any other piece of computer technology. By the time you pay it off and for the new computer updates it would need along with the batteries and other maintenance. You'll have almost paid half another new one that is the new technology and start again.

The f150 electric get about 150 miles towing well its 166 from Reno to Winnemucca and the only towns in between are Fernley (30 miles from Reno) and Lovelock which doesn't have a charging station.. Not practical out west when the distances start to open up.

or any where in the northern US where the mileage drops off when cold

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: Jurassic Park] #7629627
07/18/22 01:15 PM
07/18/22 01:15 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline OP
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline OP
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Cost of living goes up. So it’s fair to say that today things are more expensive than they were last year and so on. So it’s easy for you to blame the current President. If Trump or any other Republican becomes President in the future will you be ok paying that loan?

Keep digging jp. A lot of people are rolling their eyes at you now because you really are clueless on this subject.

But keep posting.
laugh

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: bowhunter27295] #7629628
07/18/22 01:17 PM
07/18/22 01:17 PM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Cost of living goes up. So it’s fair to say that today things are more expensive than they were last year and so on. So it’s easy for you to blame the current President. If Trump or any other Republican becomes President in the future will you be ok paying that loan?

Keep digging jp. A lot of people are rolling their eyes at you now because you really are clueless on this subject.

But keep posting.
laugh

Keep saying that. Hoping to drag others in to bash me so you can sit there and giggle.

Cold as ice!
Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: nvwrangler] #7629630
07/18/22 01:19 PM
07/18/22 01:19 PM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Originally Posted by nvwrangler

I like that, and is probably true! Noticed that with our laptop and cell phones.

Cold as ice!
Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: bowhunter27295] #7629632
07/18/22 01:24 PM
07/18/22 01:24 PM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Offline
trapper
Crowfoot  Offline
trapper

Eastern W by God V
I think the price of vehicles over the last several years has been intentionally bloated just to make the transition to duly expensive electrics seem less of a shock.
Trick of the trade.
The price of gas was raised intentionally too ... for the same reasons.
It took a loooong time before the common man could have a car. A jalopy, Ford T, VW bug, Likely used.
Same thing will happen again. (maybe, if we're lucky enough to be able to have one)
All in the plan, Trump just wasn't on board with it. Neither was I smile

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: bowhunter27295] #7629634
07/18/22 01:26 PM
07/18/22 01:26 PM
NC
B
trapper
trapper
B

NC
No, I am being honest with you jp. You are clueless to American current events. I explain them to you then you go to personal finances and being subtly insulting to those people who can't afford it now when before they could.

America went from the best of times in decades to the worst of times in decades in less than two years.

The president blames big "whatever" for increases in prices and "gouging" people. The price of gas and wages has went up exponentially so, as a business, business prices have to go up also. Business can explain why they went up on prices or why they went out of business.

Either way, shipping has had a dramatic effect on prices of everything in the US.

So instead of changing leadership and pointing out the obvious you say we should stop complaining, accept prices are going to go up painfully and work harder to try to get back to the wages we had less than two years ago.

There are other countries in history that have done that to their populations. it usually didn't end well.

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: bowhunter27295] #7629636
07/18/22 01:28 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Answer- hazardous spent lithium waste.

Can it be recycled? They are working on it.

https://phys.org/news/2019-12-lithium-recycled.html

In the meantime, just keep throwing them away at the dump and replacing them.

Anybody care to know how lithium and cobalt are mined? Hint, it's dangerous and done in the third world with chemicals that poison the environment much worse than anything we do here.

As an attachment, China is big into this in Africa and Asia. Chinese are well versed and have a great reputation of being environmentally friendly.

But as long as electric vehicle drivers feel better about themselves, that is all that matter.

Thanks Bowhunter,

That would be a kick in the nada to have to pay to dispose of your junk vehicle.

I can believe that SOMEDAY in the future after a long period of transition that we'll see alot more electric vehicles, but them trying to do it now without near enough infrastructure to even think Bout it is ludicrous.

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: bowhunter27295] #7629637
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
I refuse. I flat out refuse.

The cost isn't just in the buying. Anyone should know that.

It is a string of extra fees, and costs outside the dumb electric car, that takes a slew of oil , gas and lithium mined, to make each one.

The so called charging stations, at one's home and in anyplace, gas is so handy. Lots of expenses besides the car.

I've not seen one out here . Not one station. Doesn't matter to me anyway.

Real working people laugh at this Marxist concept . Hauling heavy equipment, horses, transport, those dumb electric cars, everything is done the right way. The powerful way.

Where in tarnation does electric come from ? In anything ?

There's the question/answer that the Fascists don't want asked.

NONE of those countries are doing this. Every one of them are building more oil plants and going full steam ahead using the ones they have. Meantime, cashing in on partnering up with countries who have the lithium, gas and oil to export , buying up and owning the mines that will bring them untold power over the others who fall for this deception.

It never has been about the environment. Like BLM, that is all just a surface distraction from the undercurrent below.

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: bowhunter27295] #7629638
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
First thing he does is uses the psychological thing of shutting the pipeline down, as it has been said before what company would invest in a refinery or oil lines knowing some idiot can shut them down with the scroll of a pen ? Now instead of trying to correct his first mistake he goes off and offers the oil tycoons who knows what and we are back to sending more dollars to the desert for them to finance their wars against us. Drain our reserves to others around the world and even if the pipeline wouldn't fill all our needs, psychology means a lot in investing and the markets or even how the average consumer feels when he gets up in the morning !

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: ScottPhillips] #7629643
07/18/22 01:33 PM
07/18/22 01:33 PM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
Originally Posted by ScottPhillips
Don't the batteries wear out in a couple of years? A car or truck today can go 150 to 200k if taken care of? How many miles will an electric vehicle go does anyone know?

I think Tesla batteries are supposed to, in theory, last for a million miles. I'm a bit skeptical

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: sneaky] #7629647
07/18/22 01:38 PM
07/18/22 01:38 PM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Offline
trapper
Crowfoot  Offline
trapper

Eastern W by God V
Originally Posted by sneaky
Don't the batteries wear out in a couple of years? A car or truck today can go 150 to 200k if taken care of? How many miles will an electric vehicle go does anyone know?

I think Tesla batteries are supposed to, in theory, last for a million miles. I'm a bit skeptical

Me too smile
@ 300 miles to a charge, that's over 3000 charge cycles. wink

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: ScottPhillips] #7629652
07/18/22 01:47 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota

You must be driving Chrysler products. My F-150s go twice that far, the last three I sold at 275-300 and they went another 50k plus.

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: bowhunter27295] #7629653
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
No, I am being honest with you jp. You are clueless to American current events. I explain them to you then you go to personal finances and being subtly insulting to those people who can't afford it now when before they could.

My apologies bowhunter. The title of this thread and the layout you gave in your opening post had me thinking it was about the affordability and approval of a car loan.

I’ll make sure to learn all about presidencies and politics before I make an appointment for the next car loan.

Cold as ice!
Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: Foxpaw] #7629656
07/18/22 01:51 PM
07/18/22 01:51 PM
new york
M
mike mason Offline
trapper
mike mason  Offline
trapper
M

new york
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
First thing he does is uses the psychological thing of shutting the pipeline down, as it has been said before what company would invest in a refinery or oil lines knowing some idiot can shut them down with the scroll of a pen ? Now instead of trying to correct his first mistake he goes off and offers the oil tycoons who knows what and we are back to sending more dollars to the desert for them to finance their wars against us. Drain our reserves to others around the world and even if the pipeline wouldn't fill all our needs, psychology means a lot in investing and the markets or even how the average consumer feels when he gets up in the morning !

This plus offers leases for sale that the Mineral mgnt and oil companies had no indication of oil from previous geophysical reports. This is pure and simple bs.

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: bowhunter27295] #7629657
07/18/22 01:53 PM
07/18/22 01:53 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
I was in Fargo the other day at a Casey's where they have six charging stations. There were 4 Tesla cars charging while the owners were in the coffee shop. One of them had Virginia plates. Gotta wonder how long it takes you to go across the country at that rate. Imagine if you pulled in and all six of them were taken! How long would you be there? 3-4 hours or more? I hate waiting even 15 minutes at a gas pump.

I certainly think there is certainly a place for these cars and it's inevitable. But they are not for everyone, or every use that's for sure.

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: Jurassic Park] #7629662
07/18/22 02:01 PM
07/18/22 02:01 PM
NC
B
trapper
trapper
B

NC

My apologies bowhunter. The title of this thread and the layout you gave in your opening post had me thinking it was about the affordability and approval of a car loan.

I’ll make sure to learn all about presidencies and politics before I make an appointment for the next car loan.

Now you're using your head. Good job!!

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: ILcooner] #7629676
07/18/22 02:30 PM
07/18/22 02:30 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Its not just the cold on the battery efficiency its no heat generated to stop ice build up on the front end defrost windows etc. But try driving from Reno to Vegas in July at 110 plus and cant use air because you won't make the next charging station. And the 150 miles the f150 got was flat land in the midwest not the mountains. There are little towns everywhere back east not so in the west . Bet you can't drive for 2 hours anywhere East of the Mississippi and not pass a town let alone lots of cars, come drive hwy 50 or nv 95 north or lots of places in Oregon Idaho

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: bowhunter27295] #7629682
07/18/22 02:45 PM
07/18/22 02:45 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada

Re: So let's buy an electric car [Re: BernieB.] #7629692
07/18/22 03:19 PM
07/18/22 03:19 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by BernieB.
I was in Fargo the other day at a Casey's where they have six charging stations. There were 4 Tesla cars charging while the owners were in the coffee shop. One of them had Virginia plates. Gotta wonder how long it takes you to go across the country at that rate. Imagine if you pulled in and all six of them were taken! How long would you be there? 3-4 hours or more? I hate waiting even 15 minutes at a gas pump.

I certainly think there is certainly a place for these cars and it's inevitable. But they are not for everyone, or every use that's for sure.

One fellow that works in the mine with my son has a tesla electric car.he has had it for a number of years now,and uses it in winter and summer.
last year he drove out to the west coast and back-no problems with the car or travelling.
He had to put on a new set of tires so far.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread