No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7655325
08/22/22 09:08 AM
08/22/22 09:08 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Right or wrong in today's climate those 3 cops will be hung out to dry. Facts don't matter. Floyd died because he ate enough drugs to kill him trying to hide them. He passed out in the driv through, fought the cops. His choices killed him. Sure the cop sat on him to long but 9 seconds won't seem very long after that fighting and adrenaline dump. But somehow a criminal Thug became the hero. With today's lack of objective reporting and being agenda driven I'll hold my reservations until a little bit more information comes out. But at the end of the day what I think really doesn't matter

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: warrior] #7655337
08/22/22 09:35 AM
08/22/22 09:35 AM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by warrior
Anyone ever think that for certain segments of our society your screwed whether you comply and hope for the system to live up to it's ideals or not?

I'm anything but a lib but their is a point to be made that our so called justice system is broken.

No because for the grand majority of us we practice proactive deterrence. What that means is I am not going to conduct any number of actions that will get me in a situation where police are involved. I would feel completely different if this guy was just walking down the street and the cops stopped to talk to him, remember they were called to get the situation under control because he was making threats. I get it, many people will think that the beating is excessive, but what I want to ask is how much do you value being safe? If you don't want that to happen, then maybe we talk about doing away with the police and you get to rely on yourself and your firearm to protect you. It's not the 1950s anymore, the 1970s even where the overwhelming majority were taught to respect, follow the law and just enjoy the life that we have because many never get to. It's unfortunate that those police officers leaders have weak spines and are not willing to stand up for them in public and have their back, there can be a discussion to be had, but at the end of the day you have to support the people that make dream way of life possible. I feel more than capable of surviving with my family in a wild wild west scenario, but I would much rather the cops do what they have to in order to keep criminals in line and use pain to deter those who don't want to do the right thing.

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7655338
08/22/22 09:37 AM
08/22/22 09:37 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Just because you WANT to do something Jayme, doesn't mean you can. I can think of a whole bunch of people destroying our country I'd like to bash the brains in of, but that doesn't mean I can. And just because a cop might want to, doesn't mean he can.

Doesn't mean he Should

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7655346
08/22/22 09:55 AM
08/22/22 09:55 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Looked to me like the suspect was keeping his hands under his body. No way to know what he's grabbing for. I think the cops can/should use whatever force necessary to get suspects hands out in open.

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: Trapset] #7655349
08/22/22 09:59 AM
08/22/22 09:59 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Trapset
Looked to me like the suspect was keeping his hands under his body. No way to know what he's grabbing for. I think the cops can/should use whatever force necessary to get suspects hands out in open.

True

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7655355
08/22/22 10:14 AM
08/22/22 10:14 AM
Over there.
F
Flicker Shad Offline
trapper
Flicker Shad  Offline
trapper
F

Over there.
I can't wait for trapping season.

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: Tommie] #7655373
08/22/22 10:43 AM
08/22/22 10:43 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Tommie
Originally Posted by hippie
Did or doing something to wiz all three them off, what's the story?

I posted a link on page 2

Missed it, thanks!

If he started the fight as the article states, play stupid games - win stupid prizes! I got no pity for him. That's what's wrong with this country and why thieves and scum are so brazen nowadays, too many bleeding hearts think they should be handled with respect when he threw that out the window when he started beating on the cop.

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: Trapset] #7655377
08/22/22 10:47 AM
08/22/22 10:47 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD

And, he already made statements he had a knife. Even if there is body cam video or audio covering these cops’ butts, society and a small number of anti-cops who sympathize with the George Floyd supporters of the world on here will want them hung.

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: MattLA] #7655378
08/22/22 10:48 AM
08/22/22 10:48 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Tofan
Originally Posted by warrior
Anyone ever think that for certain segments of our society your screwed whether you comply and hope for the system to live up to it's ideals or not?

I'm anything but a lib but their is a point to be made that our so called justice system is broken.

No because for the grand majority of us we practice proactive deterrence. What that means is I am not going to conduct any number of actions that will get me in a situation where police are involved. I would feel completely different if this guy was just walking down the street and the cops stopped to talk to him, remember they were called to get the situation under control because he was making threats. I get it, many people will think that the beating is excessive, but what I want to ask is how much do you value being safe? If you don't want that to happen, then maybe we talk about doing away with the police and you get to rely on yourself and your firearm to protect you. It's not the 1950s anymore, the 1970s even where the overwhelming majority were taught to respect, follow the law and just enjoy the life that we have because many never get to. It's unfortunate that those police officers leaders have weak spines and are not willing to stand up for them in public and have their back, there can be a discussion to be had, but at the end of the day you have to support the people that make dream way of life possible. I feel more than capable of surviving with my family in a wild wild west scenario, but I would much rather the cops do what they have to in order to keep criminals in line and use pain to deter those who don't want to do the right thing.

Do you really think that knucklehead is going to remember this beating?

A few weeks ago a criminal killed one of our Deputies, he was taken into custody without incident. It can be done.

Can’t just smack the crap out of people for being stupid. It’s one of the reasons they wouldn’t let me be a cop. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: DWC] #7655382
08/22/22 10:50 AM
08/22/22 10:50 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by DWC

And, he already made statements he had a knife. Even if there is body cam video or audio covering these cops’ butts, society and a small number of anti-cops who sympathize with the George Floyd supporters of the world on here will want them hung.

Not all of us want them hung. I want them to have vans so they can scoop up the criminal and drive somewhere that nobody has a camera. lol

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 08/22/22 11:26 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: Flicker Shad] #7655387
08/22/22 10:57 AM
08/22/22 10:57 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
I can't wait for tapping season.

grin grin

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7655565
08/22/22 03:23 PM
08/22/22 03:23 PM
KY
ksp107 Offline
trapper
ksp107  Offline
trapper

KY
Going to give you a PERSONAL experience I had in career, back in 1998. To make a long story short, had a pursuit that started in another district, car ended up wrecking about 70 miles from where it started. Driver bales out, unhurt, shirtless with a pair of shorts on. First officer gets to him, suspects immediately grabs him and the fight is on. Second officer comes in to help, he has not better luck than the first trying to get him under control and into a set of cuffs. I get there third, approximately 10 minutes or so after the fact , they are still tangling with him. Soft empty hand/hard empty hands, no effect. Pepper spray, no effect. No TASERS back then. ASP baton no effect, its like this guy was superhuman. Finally, got him under control and into cuffs, (hinged cuffs, no chain) behind his back, he breaks the hinges. Fight back on. After what seemed like an eternity, we got him into another set and shackled his feet. All of us bloodied, our blood and his. Never been so exhausted in my life and I keep myself in good shape... Ambulance shows up and they take him to the hospital. 3 broken bones, bruised kidneys, head lacerations (multiple locations, needed stitches) and much more.. I had some bad cuts that needed a couple stitches, the others about the same, except one had a broken hand. That fight lasted another 10 to 15 minutes after I got there, which seemed like an eternity...

In this day and age, if you all saw that fight, I suspect you would want me jailed....

This video does LOOK bad on its face, but lets get ALL the facts first...

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: ksp107] #7655574
08/22/22 03:31 PM
08/22/22 03:31 PM
ND
DakotaBoy Offline
trapper
DakotaBoy  Offline
trapper

ND
Originally Posted by ksp107
Going to give you a PERSONAL experience I had in career, back in 1998. To make a long story short, had a pursuit that started in another district, car ended up wrecking about 70 miles from where it started. Driver bales out, unhurt, shirtless with a pair of shorts on. First officer gets to him, suspects immediately grabs him and the fight is on. Second officer comes in to help, he has not better luck than the first trying to get him under control and into a set of cuffs. I get there third, approximately 10 minutes or so after the fact , they are still tangling with him. Soft empty hand/hard empty hands, no effect. Pepper spray, no effect. No TASERS back then. ASP baton no effect, its like this guy was superhuman. Finally, got him under control and into cuffs, (hinged cuffs, no chain) behind his back, he breaks the hinges. Fight back on. After what seemed like an eternity, we got him into another set and shackled his feet. All of us bloodied, our blood and his. Never been so exhausted in my life and I keep myself in good shape... Ambulance shows up and they take him to the hospital. 3 broken bones, bruised kidneys, head lacerations (multiple locations, needed stitches) and much more.. I had some bad cuts that needed a couple stitches, the others about the same, except one had a broken hand. That fight lasted another 10 to 15 minutes after I got there, which seemed like an eternity...

In this day and age, if you all saw that fight, I suspect you would want me jailed....

ksp, was the guy you and the two other officers detaining under the influence of any particular drug?

"Pretty cocky for a starving pilgrim!"
"An elk don't know how many legs a horse has!"
Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: DakotaBoy] #7655582
08/22/22 03:44 PM
08/22/22 03:44 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by DakotaBoy
Originally Posted by ksp107

ksp, was the guy you and the two other officers detaining under the influence of any particular drug?

That is part of the problem. They never know tell after the fact.
They don't know they are going to comply, run, or attack. They can only react after the fact. That puts them at a disadvantage .

They don't know if the guy is on drugs, just found his wife with his best friend and is now loosinf his family , home and 1/2 retirement. Or any other situation where someone may act irrationally.

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: DakotaBoy] #7655585
08/22/22 03:48 PM
08/22/22 03:48 PM
KY
ksp107 Offline
trapper
ksp107  Offline
trapper

KY
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the toxicology screen was positive for PCP AND methamphetamine.... Hence, his superman powers...

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7655631
08/22/22 04:50 PM
08/22/22 04:50 PM
Arkansas
K
kbuck Offline
trapper
kbuck  Offline
trapper
K

Arkansas
The look on the cops' faces when they realize they're being filmed says all you need to know

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7655662
08/22/22 05:52 PM
08/22/22 05:52 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
Krikkes they were beating him like a Pinada. Im sure if he had a gun or knife he surely would have used it in that situation....I know I would have.

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: lumberjack391] #7655665
08/22/22 06:01 PM
08/22/22 06:01 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by lumberjack391
Krikkes they were beating him like a Pinada. Im sure if he had a gun or knife he surely would have used it in that situation....I know I would have.

Thats why he got beat.........because he attacked one of the cops responding to him threatening the store clerk. Its not like the cops went to the gas station randomly and this just happened. He provoked both incidents and obviously made a bad mistake in attacking one.

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7655669
08/22/22 06:04 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
I remember growing up in Los Angeles . Dad was a cop downtown . I remember he had a pair of black leather gloves with sand sewn into the top , across of the knuckles . He was in great physical shape and was always prepared for hands on altercations . Guns were only used as a last resort ( unlike today where they shoot first and ask questions later )

Anyways as I got older he shared many incredible stories of his time spent with the LAPD .

I believe he was a bit racist from yrs of dealing with the scum of the earth.

A lot of PCB back then and if you let one of those ..........can't say it here ..... get ahold of you they would rip your head off .
They had slow reaction times though so you had to make the first move he said , and sometimes he was solo with no back up .....every move had to count

He said they " Rodney kinged " alot of mf ers at a time when there was no cell phones and right before the personal cam recorder came out .

Does it make it right ? I don't know , I wasn't there , but it might have been better than getting gunned down by some girly cop afraid of his own shadow

Last edited by AntiGov; 08/22/22 08:25 PM.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Think this cop will be going to jail. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7655670
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
LOL, I dont think that is protocol Tofan.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread