No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: TheYouthTrapper] #7682725
09/30/22 09:28 PM
09/30/22 09:28 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Get your diploma, life is tough these days without it. Get good grades helps with your future options. Every situation is different, figure ti out. Get it done!

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7682726
09/30/22 09:29 PM
09/30/22 09:29 PM
South Dakota
T
TheYouthTrapper Offline OP
trapper
TheYouthTrapper  Offline OP
trapper
T

South Dakota
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Why the obsession with A’s?

My grades were C+ -B throughout school. My graduating class was given the “test to graduate” pre mandatory to graduate. 13 of us out of 80 passed it. lol There were several straight A students that didn’t pass.

You seem wound a bit tight. Let yourself “just be” a little.

Idk, I guess it all just started in middle school to get ready for high school where grades do matter.

You're right about the wound a bit tight, especially when it comes to school.

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: Nessmuck] #7682736
09/30/22 09:36 PM
09/30/22 09:36 PM
South Dakota
T
trapper
trapper
T

South Dakota
Originally Posted by Nessmuck
You can only set as many traps you can comfortably handle. Dreaming of laying out all your traps ain’t happening. So just get 2-3 coon set..throw in a couple mink sets...3-4 rat sets ....and just check those. Don’t forget ,remakes take time if yah catch something. Just enough to scratch that itch...and have fun doing it

I've accepted that I'm not going to set all of my traps as I have around 380 to 400.

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: TheYouthTrapper] #7682748
09/30/22 09:41 PM
09/30/22 09:41 PM
AR
T
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper
TurkeyWrangler  Offline
trapper
T

AR
Every day I went to school just hoping for a smaller crap sandwich than the day before. Never happened.

Poor people have poor ways.
Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: TheYouthTrapper] #7682798
09/30/22 10:36 PM
09/30/22 10:36 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by TheYouthTrapper
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Sounds like whining to me. You don’t have it any worse than anyone else on here, except we just did the work. A lot of my homework was done in study hall or on the bus ride home. The way the bus route was I could get dropped off at the beginning of my road and run home and be finishing homework before the bus even came by. Not to even mention chores that needed done after homework. Then ball practice after that. Apparently you need to do some research on time management. If the desire is there, you’ll find the time to get homework and whatever else needs done in order to have fun afterwards.
When we trapped, we’d run the line before school and skin at night. Even now as a adult I run mornings before work and reset after work. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Hey man, I put it at the start that there was going to be a rant, don't come in here and complain that it's whining when you had the option to read the thread or not. I do as much homework as possible in a 40-minute study hall, I don't ride the bus home and never have as I live in town very near to the school. I don't do sports and very rarely do extracurricular activities but maybe signing up for FFA but that's a whole different conversation. I don't have the time in the morning to run my line, especially a water line before school since I get up at 6:30 to get ready for school and am out the door by 7:40. I have no option except to run it after school and skin whenever I have time. Thanks for the reply but don't start off with "Sounds like whining to me" when you had the option to write in the thread or not, especially when I gave a warning. I respect you and everyone on this forum but if you have the option to be positive, then be positive.

By 6:30 in the morning,,I had an hour and a half of farm chores done.THEN got ready for school.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: TheYouthTrapper] #7682801
09/30/22 10:39 PM
09/30/22 10:39 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
[/quote]

Idk, I guess it all just started in middle school to get ready for high school where grades do matter.

You're right about the wound a bit tight, especially when it comes to school.[/quote]

I recall reading you were thinking that you wanted to trap for a state type agency. But I dont recall whether you mentioned a plan of attending college? If you are thinking about it which is my guess, you are right that its good plan to keep eye on grades just because everything has become more competitive in the last decade. However, I'd also suggest not getting too worked up over grades either; they arent everything. Test scores, outside work/volunteer efforts, quality of high school you attend, degree of competition vying for the college you are considering, and even the area where you live/socio-economic background all come into play. Lots of comments thru this thread about working hard. The most successful people i've met in all walks of life have been extreme driven hard workers. But we dont often talk about the flip side of that coin---hard work alone is not a guarantee to success. Ive got a much bigger list of people that have run themselves into the ground with hard work alone. Hard smart work wins more of the races these days. Grind away at school to get what you need out of it but you may find it useful to also get a feel of how much grinding is needed. Be smart about it; you could find its just as beneficial to have high B's and specific work experience than high A's without no other experience. School learning came relatively easy for me but I was what the teachers referred to as not getting to my full potential. Actually I didnt get to their version of academic potential, instead, I became skilled at playing the game thru high school and college to get enough done in the classroom while not taking away from whatever were my outside interests at the time. After college in one of my first jobs had a CEO tell me that my hard work was going to serve me well ONCE I learned to focus it and play the right corporate games. Make life easier on yourself, not harder.

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: upstateNY] #7682852
10/01/22 12:25 AM
10/01/22 12:25 AM
South Dakota
T
trapper
trapper
T

South Dakota
Originally Posted by upstateNY

By 6:30 in the morning,,I had an hour and a half of farm chores done.THEN got ready for school.

I don't live on a farm and the closest thing to it is the 8 chickens we have but they only need zucchini, watermelon, apples, or scraps once a day and that's the chores for them considering they have automatic feed and water.

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: TheYouthTrapper] #7682856
10/01/22 12:44 AM
10/01/22 12:44 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by upstateNY

I don't live on a farm and the closest thing to it is the 8 chickens we have but they only need zucchini, watermelon, apples, or scraps once a day and that's the chores for them considering they have automatic feed and water.

You completely missed his point... get up earlier is what he was getting at.

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: Providence Farm] #7682870
10/01/22 04:32 AM
10/01/22 04:32 AM
South Dakota
T
trapper
trapper
T

South Dakota
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

You completely missed his point... get up earlier is what he was getting at.

I got his point, I can't get up at 5 am when I'm going to bed at 1 am, I would be tired all the time and my studies would suffer from it.

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: TheYouthTrapper] #7682925
10/01/22 07:06 AM
10/01/22 07:06 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I think we have our NEW Coonman in the making!!!

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: TheYouthTrapper] #7682971
10/01/22 08:20 AM
10/01/22 08:20 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
So why are you staying up until 1? You get out of school at what, 3pm? 4? You can't say you have 9 hours of homework a day? It sounds like your only problem, one way or the other, is time management. If you can't get up at 4 to run your traps before school, then what are you doing at night to keep you up so late?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: Wanna Be] #7683093
10/01/22 11:20 AM
10/01/22 11:20 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

C.M.J. Coonman Jr. laugh

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: Wanna Be] #7683098
10/01/22 11:32 AM
10/01/22 11:32 AM
Surry county, NC
G Hose Offline
trapper
G Hose  Offline
trapper

Surry county, NC

Now that’s funny

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7683283
10/01/22 06:57 PM
South Dakota
T
trapper
trapper
T

South Dakota
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
So why are you staying up until 1? You get out of school at what, 3pm? 4? You can't say you have 9 hours of homework a day? It sounds like your only problem, one way or the other, is time management. If you can't get up at 4 to run your traps before school, then what are you doing at night to keep you up so late?

I'm outside working on chores and finalizing a few things plus we've been working on a few projects like getting my fur shed ready and cleaning up the garage. I'm usually outside from 4 pm until 8 or 9 pm most nights of the week. I get inside eat, do some homework, shower, and read some threads on here so I can be an active member and hit the sack. Some days I play a video game or two for a little bit. I'm also a night owl and that doesn't help either.

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: Wanna Be] #7683284
South Dakota
T
trapper
trapper
T

South Dakota

Who's Coonman and what do you mean by that?

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: Wanna Be] #7683285
10/01/22 07:01 PM
10/01/22 07:01 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

Crossed my mind also, but giving a break due to his age. He does correspond much more clearly there is hope.

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: Providence Farm] #7683287
10/01/22 07:05 PM
10/01/22 07:05 PM
South Dakota
T
trapper
trapper
T

South Dakota

Crossed my mind also, but giving a break due to his age. He does correspond much more clearly there is hope.

Can someone explain to me who Coonman is and why I'm like him?

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: TheYouthTrapper] #7683288
10/01/22 07:07 PM
10/01/22 07:07 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

Who's Coonman and what do you mean by that?

Conman is,/was a former member that is no more. His grammar was so poor it needed a translation a lot of times. Yes it was much worse than mine even.

He always had problems that were mostly self inflicted. He would post about them and ask for advice and never once would he take the advice. Then shortly he would post the same or similar problems once again. They were always caused by someone else. Never did he have anything to do with the issues and the was always a victim of things beyond his control.

Some of your responses do have a similar under tone. Could just be a young age and limited life experience.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 10/01/22 07:12 PM.
Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: Providence Farm] #7683289
10/01/22 07:12 PM
10/01/22 07:12 PM
South Dakota
T
trapper
trapper
T

South Dakota

Conman I'd a former member that is no more. His grammar was so poor it needed a translation a lot of times. Yes it was much worse than mine even.

He always had problems that were mostly self inflicted. He would post about them and ask for advice and never once e would he take the advice. Then shortly he would post the same or similar problems once again. They were always caused by someone else. Never did he have anything to do with the issues and the was always a victim of things beyond his control.

Some of your responses do have a similar under tone. Could just be a young age and limited life experience.

Well nice to know I can't come here about my issues anymore, I'll just go back to asking my questions.

Re: What was school like for y'all? [Re: TheYouthTrapper] #7683295
10/01/22 07:23 PM
10/01/22 07:23 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

Conman I'd a former member that is no more. His grammar was so poor it needed a translation a lot of times. Yes it was much worse than mine even.

He always had problems that were mostly self inflicted. He would post about them and ask for advice and never once e would he take the advice. Then shortly he would post the same or similar problems once again. They were always caused by someone else. Never did he have anything to do with the issues and the was always a victim of things beyond his control.

Well nice to know I can't come here about my issues anymore, I'll just go back to asking my questions.

Ask away just don't get upset when you get answers you don't like.

You have options. Get to bed earlier and get up earlier or get it done while your up late at night. There are only so many hours in a day you need to learn how to prioritize and get what is the most important done. It's simple to say and quite obvious. Much more difficult to put into practice. I struggle with it myself and I'm 42. Yotetrapper30 nailed it I know because it something I struggle with. It's not school it's work, kids, and farm that I juggle. Like most people we all do it it's part of life. Some do it better than others I'm not good at it.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 10/01/22 07:26 PM.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread