No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
PC experts. Help #7713803
11/10/22 09:23 AM
11/10/22 09:23 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline OP
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline OP
trapper
B

SW Pa
Just developed a problem with our office computer over night yesterday. Tried to sign on as usual in the morning and a Blue screen error code appeared. I come to find with some research this is known as (BSOD) termed the "Blue Screen of Death". Doesn't sound good.

It apparently won't open our Windows operating system. We can't do anything at the moment with the PC> Is this something that we can fix here? I had it to a local shop and they said they can't fix it. Saying I need to find a high dollar recovery company to get all of our data files recovered.

Re: PC experts. Help [Re: Bob Jameson] #7713808
11/10/22 09:28 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
There should be an error message on the screen. You can take a picture of it and lookup the error and post it here. Most times you can turn the PC off and turn it back on and it clears. Unless the hard drive had crashed, you can plug it into another PC and get files off it.

Re: PC experts. Help [Re: Bob Jameson] #7713809
West Virginia
J
Jacob Legg Offline
trapper
Jacob Legg  Offline
trapper
J

West Virginia
Only thing I can think of is having your hard drive recovered and finding a new computer. Had to do that to a computer a couple weeks ago here at work. You should be able to take it somewhere and have them remove the harddrive and try to recover all the files from it but I am not sure it’s worth a shot.

Re: PC experts. Help [Re: Bob Jameson] #7713824
11/10/22 09:36 AM
11/10/22 09:36 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
if you have another computer you may be able to make a bootable USB thumb drive if not you probably need to take it to a tech.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w...nstall/create-a-bootable-usb-flash-drive

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread