No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Deer Hunting [Re: Wanna Be] #7715596
11/12/22 09:39 AM
11/12/22 09:39 AM
West GA
T
T-REV Offline
trapper
T-REV  Offline
trapper
T

West GA
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Originally Posted by T-REV
Wanna Be I used to think my buck was a decent one until I seen your monster now Im ashamed of mine! cry

I wasn’t trying to brag, it’s just the hunt process of watching and pursuing that one deer over the last three years is what made it so special to me. That’s my “once in a lifetime” buck I’m sure. Every once in a while you come across one with potential and it’s just a pray he makes it kind of deal. This one just happened to stick around.
We had a really nice deer about 5yrs ago that we even made a pact with the hunters next to us to let go. After 2 seasons near 150” he disappeared. They swore they didn’t shoot and we knew we didn’t. That deer was killed 3 years later 4 miles due South as the crow flies at over 200”. We did some investigating and found the property that deer went to and was watched by that landowner and then when it left his property chasing a doe during the rut it was killed. That guy had a sanctuary set up that he didn’t hunt or set foot in on his property (a safe place for deer, lol) and that’s where he’d taken up residence.
The actual guy that shot the deer was across the road and had been getting that deers pics only at night. The rut killed that deer. He chased a doe that went across the highway onto this guys property during daylight and he shot it.
We shared early pics with the lucky hunter and the landowner where the buck actually lived gave the guy a shed from the previous year. It appears 6.5 is our magical age.

No sir don’t get it twisted that is a beautiful buck you killed and I don’t see that as bragging at all. You put in the hard work all those years and it finally paid off for you. I was kidding about being ashamed of mine. Its the same feeling I get when I go to the taxidermist to pick up a recent mounted buck and there will be a much bigger buck beside mine ready for pick up as well! Ha! Its how it goes. Beautiful buck and story to go along with him you have there sir!

Re: Deer Hunting [Re: Pofarmer10] #7715608
11/12/22 09:53 AM
11/12/22 09:53 AM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
.... let’s hear the story on that Posco

Insert profound nonsense here
Page 2 of 2 1 2