No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716526
11/13/22 12:52 PM
11/13/22 12:52 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
what is/has happened has nothing to do with what candidates ran, it has too do with the libs seizing control and keeping it. They found ways to keep 2016 from ever happening again....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716531
11/13/22 01:00 PM
11/13/22 01:00 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
From now on it won’t make a difference who runs Republican because the last 2 elections prove that our votes do not count.

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716550
11/13/22 01:21 PM
11/13/22 01:21 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
How dumb are we? Every election we say they cheated late counts illegal ballots and so on so if we are certain this is going to happen why oh why don't we do something about it? No we aren't going to do anything but point fingers and say cheater cheater. I give up. And don't say hang in there just so I can come on here and say the same thing next election? We need a leader.

Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716634
11/13/22 03:15 PM
11/13/22 03:15 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline OP
trapper
Guss  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wisconsin
All the election workers in PA are demonrats no wonder a brain dead guy won!.and most in other States are,there very few Republicans poll workers.

Re: McConnell [Re: rex123] #7716657
11/13/22 03:46 PM
11/13/22 03:46 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by rex123
How dumb are we? Every election we say they cheated late counts illegal ballots and so on so if we are certain this is going to happen why oh why don't we do something about it? No we aren't going to do anything but point fingers and say cheater cheater. I give up. And don't say hang in there just so I can come on here and say the same thing next election? We need a leader.

What we need is accountability, transparency, traceability. What we need is for all of us, including me to delve deep in to our local politics. We have primaries but who chose the ones that run, it ain't us. We are not in the Mr Smith goes to Washington era anymore, times have changed and saying cheater cheater won't get it done, I agree.

We all need to start getting involved. All the post about revolt, doom and gloom are nothing but fodder. IDK all the answers but I do know that we can bring about change if we put in the time. Maybe start talking to people, ask your Pastor at Church to speak, start a group in your County. Choose a trustworthy person to put on the Primary ballot.

If we send 2 or 3 they will be drown. If we send a hundred, collectively they will have a voice. I think the biggest problem with R's is they fell into the Einstein definition of insanity and keep doing things over and over. That won't feed the bulldog as they say so we need to call the ball and get busy. If we don't do everything possible in our own neighborhoods then we loose the right to complain about it.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: McConnell [Re: Catch22] #7716670
11/13/22 04:08 PM
11/13/22 04:08 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Catch22

What we need is accountability, transparency, traceability. What we need is for all of us, including me to delve deep in to our local politics. We have primaries but who chose the ones that run, it ain't us. We are not in the Mr Smith goes to Washington era anymore, times have changed and saying cheater cheater won't get it done, I agree.

We all need to start getting involved. All the post about revolt, doom and gloom are nothing but fodder. IDK all the answers but I do know that we can bring about change if we put in the time. Maybe start talking to people, ask your Pastor at Church to speak, start a group in your County. Choose a trustworthy person to put on the Primary ballot.

If we send 2 or 3 they will be drown. If we send a hundred, collectively they will have a voice. I think the biggest problem with R's is they fell into the Einstein definition of insanity and keep doing things over and over. That won't feed the bulldog as they say so we need to call the ball and get busy. If we don't do everything possible in our own neighborhoods then we loose the right to complain about it.

Time and money are two things most of us don’t have. “Revolt” is another thing we don’t have time and money for.

There have been plenty of examples of how to wreak havoc on politics. Those examples come without consequences, the right won’t receive the same courtesy. We will have to be all in until the job is done or we are done.

-Goofy-
Re: McConnell [Re: rex123] #7716692
11/13/22 04:44 PM
11/13/22 04:44 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska

We had a leader and look what happened. This is WAY BEYONG CHANGING. There are powers beyond any decent society can overcome. Lying and stealing is in plain site and if anyone tries to change it they become the evil one. Everything is backwards!

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716693
11/13/22 04:45 PM
11/13/22 04:45 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Hobbie, I think your a good ole boy and I'm not being facetious when I say that now is the time to start making the time. If we complain about it on one hand and on the other do nothing to right the wrong, we're left with two handfuls of poop.

We the people are letting the so called powers at be to place candidates of their choosing on the ballots. I've said it before, I come from a long line of coal miners. Look how long they took it, they took it till they didn't. It wasn't just about striking, it was about communities coming together, and voting like minded people into office.

The hard truth is this. If we have time to spend here, we have time to try to make a change in our neighborhoods. We may not have the resources to put a big speaker on our truck like the Pappy O'Daniel campaign, but we can join together and make a difference. It's a conscious decision.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716715
11/13/22 05:15 PM
11/13/22 05:15 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Mr. Catch 22 you have hit the nail on the head but as you can see from a few responses it's don't have time etc. but I have time to come on here and complain about it . That is why they win they organize and follow through with a plan. We gripe and run around like chickens screaming the sky is falling and wait for a rooster who can't crow anymore to save us.

Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716726
11/13/22 05:32 PM
11/13/22 05:32 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
These elections are controlled from much deeper in our government and assisted from the global crowd!

We little people don’t stand a chance!
We continually get played just enough to think we are free!

Do you really think DeSantis stands a chance?

Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716731
11/13/22 05:37 PM
11/13/22 05:37 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
One demographic that failed to show up in numbers were blue collar whites, particularly in appalachia. This tells me that many just gave up following 2020.

Probably by design. If the left can demoralize us its all over but the singing

One interesting observation was an uptick of red voters in areas like Alabama's black belt and the Arkansas delta.

One step forward two steps back.

[Linked Image]
Re: McConnell [Re: Oh Snap] #7716734
11/13/22 05:42 PM
11/13/22 05:42 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Oh Snap

Do you really think DeSantis stands a chance?

Yes, I do but only if he heeds his donors wishes. And those donors don't have our interests at heart.

I understand there is already money being pooled for him. Question is will he accept it?

[Linked Image]
Re: McConnell [Re: rex123] #7716741
11/13/22 05:57 PM
11/13/22 05:57 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Mr. Catch 22 you have hit the nail on the head but as you can see from a few responses it's don't have time etc. but I have time to come on here and complain about it . That is why they win they organize and follow through with a plan. We gripe and run around like chickens screaming the sky is falling and wait for a rooster who can't crow anymore to save us.

Yeah buddy. The left waited patiently for recess, then kicked our butts on the playground and took our lunch money ever day. It's time to stand up to the bully. And no, I don't mean revolt, rebellion, public hangings lol. I mean time. If we have time, and yes family comes only second to the Creator, but if we have time for this forum, restoring old stuff, hunting, trapping etc. then we need to make a conscious adult decision.

Actually it is kind of a rebellion, something we should have been doing all along, I failed at it too, but not again, not for lack of trying anyway. We need to start making time, get organized in our own communities and put those with our voice on the ballot. The we killed a bear but pop shot it, won't do. Monetarily time isn't free but free time is free, we all choose how to spend it. All is not lost yet, but our inaction will cause it to be.

Re: McConnell [Re: rex123] #7716749
11/13/22 06:01 PM
11/13/22 06:01 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

No need to complain about politicians, they can’t change their spots. Now complaining about voters is a different story. lol

-Goofy-
Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716753
11/13/22 06:08 PM
11/13/22 06:08 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
At this point I don't see any easy out. The ideal is that the right takes over enough state houses and governorships and form some sort of coalition that will enact aggressive election rules that can be enforced, ala Florida, and then push for an Article V convention or be willing to buck the federal and try for a win in the courts if SCOTUS would just step up to the plate.

Possibly a few intrastate challenges such as western Maryland seeking to join West Virginia or the Oregon to Idaho movement. I would love to see something similar in Illinois or New York.

Meanwhile I will be looking for a governor here with a pair willing to rein in Atlanta.

[Linked Image]
Re: McConnell [Re: Catch22] #7716763
11/13/22 06:16 PM
11/13/22 06:16 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Yeah buddy. The left waited patiently for recess, then kicked our butts on the playground and took our lunch money ever day. It's time to stand up to the bully. And no, I don't mean revolt, rebellion, public hangings lol. I mean time. If we have time, and yes family comes only second to the Creator, but if we have time for this forum, restoring old stuff, hunting, trapping etc. then we need to make a conscious adult decision.

Actually it is kind of a rebellion, something we should have been doing all along, I failed at it too, but not again, not for lack of trying anyway. We need to start making time, get organized in our own communities and put those with our voice on the ballot. The we killed a bear but pop shot it, won't do. Monetarily time isn't free but free time is free, we all choose how to spend it. All is not lost yet, but our inaction will cause it to be.

We had some folks step up and run for the county and got shellacked. It’s a club and is going to take years of investment to break in. Then years to get to the state level. By the time you are ready for the fed level you’ll be dead and buried voting democrat. lol

-Goofy-
Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716775
11/13/22 06:32 PM
11/13/22 06:32 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline OP
trapper
Guss  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wisconsin
The first thing the Repubs. have to do is kick Mitch to the curb. If they don't they will aways lead from behind. I like to see Trump as speaker but he getting up there in age and is crankie to much.

Re: McConnell [Re: Guss] #7716776
11/13/22 06:34 PM
11/13/22 06:34 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Sounds like your already whipped Hobbie and laying on the porch with the pups. Keep complaining though, doesn't help but apparently makes you feel better.

Re: McConnell [Re: Catch22] #7716819
11/13/22 07:09 PM
11/13/22 07:09 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Sounds like your already whipped Hobbie and laying on the porch with the pups. Keep complaining though, doesn't help but apparently makes you feel better.

Nah, I’m just patient. They ain’t hit hard enough to get real excited just yet.

-Goofy-
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread