No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723283
11/21/22 11:04 AM
11/21/22 11:04 AM
CO
R
Ringneck1 Offline
trapper
Ringneck1  Offline
trapper
R

CO
You have got to register a complaint, in person, with this guys immediate supervisor. Figure out where the administration office is, call in there to get an appointment, show up and talk to supervisor calmly and rationally. Expect and welcome scrutiny cause you're going to get some so have your ducks in a row. Recognize most game wardens figure if they are not getting a complaint or two, they are doing a poor job. You gotta stick with it to show the leadership that this is way above the normal hunter complaint and borders on harrassment. At some level the supervisor will want to make the complaints stop.

If that doesn't work go on up the line. Good luck.

Is this rifle hunting or archery?

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723286
11/21/22 11:13 AM
11/21/22 11:13 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Is this the same cousin in both cases or two different cousins?

If it’s the same, he should have learned from that first incident. I would never call a CO again if he did that to me.

Also he must be hunting pretty darn close to someone’s property line when they give the smack down on a deer and blood every where, and they’re still running to the neighbours property.

Cold as ice!
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723289
11/21/22 11:16 AM
11/21/22 11:16 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Blain County my cousin could teach you lessons and has shot more rounds than most people walking. But I'm sure every deer you shoot drops in its tracks with a head shot. Especially 400 yard shots. He had probably shot more rounds out of one of his bolt guns alone than you have in your life. I know one thar has been set back 3 times then replaced with new barrel when it was not able to be set back again. That one barrel had 17k rounds through it. Carry on your ignorance is showing.

The problem is not the the deer crossed the property line. That's how it goes sometimes. That deer is a lose. Sucks but nothing you can do.

The problem Is the guy not prosecuting road hunting and going out of his was to harassing my cousin being where he was right and legal to be make threats and out right lie and using his badge to bully him.

My cousin called another CO we know and his reply was. The other Co should have called the land owner but if they said no the answer is no We know that. He also said that that officer is like that and acts like that a lot with a lot of people. And proves my point his Co workers know how he is.

That game warden was not on duty but hunting on the adjacent land came over to him in his warden vehicle lights flashing and acused him of trespassing , killing his deer he has been hunting since october,, and messing up his hunt. He went so far as to say he saw him trespassing the forgot his lye and claimed to have a witness that would testify he was.
He never did, infact tracking with the hunt map shows that. It's just the guy being jerks. But boot lickers will be boot lickers.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723293
11/21/22 11:18 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Jurassic it's big field country with tree lines and thickets and his chunk is only 40 acres. Shots can be long 398 in this case.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723294
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Lot of facets to this diamond. We run into the same situation. Small properties, so same deer are being chased by a lot of hunters. Especially if it's Mr. Big. Guy that hunts the property across the road from me told me there were about 10 different guys after the same bucks he was. Which is why I plug the yearling does. Nobody cares about those and a pound of ground from one of those is just as good to me.

To pile on to what others have suggested, first and best solution is to drop them where they stand, so no running off to chase. Nephew had nasty confrontation with adjacent owner last year. He took an ill advised shot at Mr. Big, hit him, but he lost blood trail 1/4 mile away, on adjacent property. Deer was never found. Neighbor is a hot head who was after that buck, so gonna be no fixing that relationship. Jumping fences for us is even worse when bow hunting, and especially so when you suck at it.

As to CO in question, years ago, I ran into same situation with a Farmers Home Administration loan officer. Employee of USDA. County office, but very well connected at state level. His indiscretion? Was making loans to single mothers in exchange for bedroom favors. Had a whole milk run setup. Probably over a dozen or more once they documented all of it. Took a long, long time, but he was eventually fired, as was his contacts up top. If they are rotten to the core, it eventually catches up to them.

Last edited by HayDay; 11/21/22 11:20 AM.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723299
11/21/22 11:23 AM
11/21/22 11:23 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Blain County my cousin could teach you lessons and has shot more rounds than most people walking. But I'm sure every deer you shoot drops in its tracks with a head shot. Especially 400 yard shots. He had probably shot more rounds out of one of his bolt guns alone than you have in your life. I know one thar has been set back 3 times then replaced with new barrel when it was not able to be set back again. That one barrel had 17k rounds through it. Carry on your ignorance is showing.

The problem is not the the deer crossed the property line. That's how it goes sometimes. That deer is a lose. Sucks but nothing you can do.

The problem Is the guy not prosecuting road hunting and going out of his was to harassing my cousin being where he was right and legal to be make threats and out right lie and using his badge to bully him.

My cousin called another CO we know and his reply was. The other Co should have called the land owner but if they said no the answer is no We know that. He also said that that officer is like that and acts like that a lot with a lot of people. And proves my point his Co workers know how he is.

That game warden was not on duty but hunting on the adjacent land came over to him in his warden vehicle lights flashing and acused him of trespassing , killing his deer he has been hunting since october,, and messing up his hunt. He went so far as to say he saw him trespassing the forgot his lye and claimed to have a witness that would testify he was.
He never did, infact tracking with the hunt map shows that. It's just the guy being jerks. But boot lickers will be boot lickers.

Now I'm confused. First you said your cousin called the CO (both times) and now you're saying he didn't but the guy was hunting nearby and came running over when he shot?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723302
11/21/22 11:27 AM
11/21/22 11:27 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM

I bet. Sounds like a real sniper. Can he give us all marital advice too?

You came on a public forum telling his story then you get all bent out of shape because people did not jump on your drama train--which seems to run a lot.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723303
11/21/22 11:31 AM
11/21/22 11:31 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
He called the first time . This time he walked the 2' wide blood trails enough to see it made be it across the line then went back to his truck to call one of the good wardens we know but before he got through to him the other guy came up on him. Hope that clears it up if I jumbled it.
Sorry I'm angry , recovering form being sick and excitedly behind on everything from beings sick.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 11/21/22 11:32 AM.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Blaine County] #7723309
11/21/22 11:41 AM
11/21/22 11:41 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Blaine County

You came on a public forum telling his story then you get all bent out of shape because people did not jump on your drama train--which seems to run a lot.

You have no problem jumping on with your uninformed opinions though. But I expect that out of your type. Trying to be condescending with " real snipper" for example.

No just an actual outdoorsman that really shoots and not just talking about it. Probably hard for many to comprehend. Very easy to get hi rounds counts when you have a 300 yard range I. Your back yard 30yard of your back door like he does and another place 1/2 mie away we can get out to 1150 yards. Some people dream about it and wright about it other people actually live it.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723310
11/21/22 11:45 AM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Ohhh...the drama

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723311
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Sounds like you are surrounded by people where you hunt,bummer.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723317
11/21/22 11:54 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
You have to be persistent and don't expect results right away.I worked for the feds for 15 years and excusing this by saying they deal with jerks all the time is bull.They go thru a lot training to deal with situations such as this and are expected to act like professionals not Sheriff Fudd.Just calling his supervisor may or may not produce results,especially if they work out of the same office and chum around together after work.Go up the chain of command and don't let it go.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Diggerman] #7723318
Pennsylvania
P
patrapperbuster Offline
trapper
patrapperbuster  Offline
trapper
P

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Diggerman
You call the landowner, then the Sheriff if that happens, not the Gamewarden. If you have problems with a CO, You call his boss, then his bosses boss. Works , Trust me.

Lot of truth there.

Corruption hates when you cross lines & departments

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Blaine County] #7723328
11/21/22 12:22 PM
11/21/22 12:22 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by Blaine County

I'm "hip", BC.

[same thing happened to me on another PF thread. on that one, my response got deleted by mods.]

Last edited by white marlin; 11/21/22 12:48 PM.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7723338
11/21/22 12:33 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
He should ask for the officer's body cam video. (Disregard this as I just went back and read where there is no officer video)

Any future encounters he should video the officer himself with his phone.

He was going to get his phone out of the truck but the officer wouldn't let him open the truck. Must have been scared of geting on video and the rifle in the truck. Funny he never thought about the possibility of the concealed gun on his hip.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723339
SD
T
TC1 Offline
trapper
TC1  Offline
trapper
T

SD
PF, coming on here wasting your time is not going to do a darn thing, but make drama. Your time, in this case for sure, would be much better spent contacting your state’s supervisors of this guy. It is public information that is quite easy to get. That is, if you really want to resolve the issue….

Long live the MAGA King
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: TC1] #7723362
11/21/22 01:16 PM
11/21/22 01:16 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Reportng to the head warden in the state with detailed documentation may not get your cousin justice but having those reports in the CO's file won't help him in the long run. We all want money and power but when it is used against us we don't approve. (the shooting from the road). We here can only read and then offer thoughts but no real resolution.

Bryce

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723364
11/21/22 01:21 PM
11/21/22 01:21 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
in kansas the whole agency is corrupt......it really cannot get any worse. Park ranger was caught embezzling $ from the park. Big article in the paper with the proof. He was never prosecuted and they said they fired him. I just ran into someone who said he is now a game warden....same agency runs the parks.....kdwp. That agency is filled with people who have law enforcement powers and think they can get away with anything.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: TC1] #7723369
11/21/22 01:31 PM
11/21/22 01:31 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by TC1
PF, coming on here wasting your time is not going to do a darn thing, but make drama. Your time, in this case for sure, would be much better spent contacting your state’s supervisors of this guy. It is public information that is quite easy to get. That is, if you really want to resolve the issue….

With no proof it will go no where. 2 formal complaints filed vanished after the first time . When the first complaint vanished from the system they filed a 2nd one.Corruption is deep in that area. The good CO'S tend to keep their heads down. And there are some out standing officers in that district.

This one is just not well suited for his position. But his family is vary well connected like a judge is ni his family and a road has his last name.

It very common for big money land owners to run rough shaped over the little people. They hire off duty leo to patrol using their cop cars burning county paid for fuel as their own privet police force. Of course the job cuts with hunting privileges to the in clubs. They think they own the entire county. Judges the district attorney are all in the click.

I have not hunted in that area in years. I still work down there but have not hunted down there since I moved. But I wacthed how it works for decades when I did hunt and live down there.

Without clear video evidence and making thet publicly available nothing will change there. I'm not involved but I'm ticked such a low life is using his badge to bully the little guy.

This post was not ment to start drama. Just point out why not all conservation officers walk on water and should not be given a free pass automatically. Even this guys could workers know he is a jerk, but he is a well connected jerk.

Then bc decided chime in.

Someday he will come across a guy with nothing to loose or live for and bluster and bulling will get called. Then that jetk we'll be called a fallen hero and talked about how wonderful he was and such a great public servant. And who ever the poor chap that looses it on him will spent the rest of his life in jail.

For all those like Blain County feel free to put me on ignore .

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723371
11/21/22 01:35 PM
11/21/22 01:35 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Haha, didn’t even know there was an ignore feature until I went to send someone a message and it told me I wasn’t allowed. Guess I got under someone’s skin in the past and didn’t know it.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread