No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729511
11/28/22 10:55 PM
11/28/22 10:55 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
Visit and try to bring comfort to the elderly and the less fortunate, is what I do.

And when I have time, I set a few traps.

I know what really matters !

Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729523
11/28/22 10:59 PM
11/28/22 10:59 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I work with a guy that's in his mid thirties. He's always asking me things about hunting. He says he's never done any of that... meaning hunting or fishing. I said well what DO you do in your spare time, then? He said he mows the grass, goes to church twice a week, and plays with his kids. I said, "that's it? Don't you have any hobbies?" He said not really. Said he used to play video games but gave that up when he became a father. He's not on social media, either. Sounds like a pretty boring life to me.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Eagleye] #7729534
11/28/22 11:06 PM
11/28/22 11:06 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Eagleye
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Same things we do when not hunting/fishing/trapping. Just more of it.

You mean they think about hunting/fishing/ trapping grin

Sounds like you & I think alike Eagleye

Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7729542
11/28/22 11:12 PM
11/28/22 11:12 PM
On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
H
Hutchy Offline OP
trapper
Hutchy  Offline OP
trapper
H

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I work with a guy that's in his mid thirties. He's always asking me things about hunting. He says he's never done any of that... meaning hunting or fishing. I said well what DO you do in your spare time, then? He said he mows the grass, goes to church twice a week, and plays with his kids. I said, "that's it? Don't you have any hobbies?" He said not really. Said he used to play video games but gave that up when he became a father. He's not on social media, either. Sounds like a pretty boring life to me.

You got one life. If that's his version of making the best of it....who am I to judge, but seems boring as heck!

Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729591
11/29/22 12:09 AM
11/29/22 12:09 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Yep-try to be like the old bird on the Titanic show.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729609
11/29/22 12:47 AM
11/29/22 12:47 AM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Well today, when finished hunting I spent three hours getting a nice buck gutted, out of the woods, and hanging in the garage.

Now headed for the shower, next raid the kitchen, then go to bed.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729613
11/29/22 12:54 AM
11/29/22 12:54 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Those folks mostly complain about people that hunt fish and trap.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729650
11/29/22 05:11 AM
11/29/22 05:11 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
They become politicians

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729670
11/29/22 06:37 AM
11/29/22 06:37 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
Spend their time shopping online to buy things to impress people they do not even like.

Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729676
11/29/22 06:42 AM
11/29/22 06:42 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

It's only been a short time that the masses haven't had to worry about growing and picking and slaughtering their own food. The 100 year industrial age, coming out of the 500 year agricultural era did that. So people, not having to worry about growing and picking and slaughtering their own food seek other means to fill their days. Most of those pursuits eminent, resonate, and aim for pleasure these days (we're now in what's called the technology era in human history) via technology. We're on one of those platforms right now. There are 1,000's more. The average 18-25 year old male spends 2000 hours a year looking at a screen and that number is expanding every time the researchers research.

Soon, the world will be sitting next to one another, totally engulfed by transhumanism (body parts connected online), consumed by things that are not where they are as they stare at screens or whatever the tech is, and human loneliness will grow even higher than it is now. 61% of Americans say they are lonely.

Well, go fishing, hunting, trapping with a buddy or a lady friend, or heck even something almost unheard of these days... take your spouse. Take your children.
But, that won't happen as much as we like, because technology and the pursuit of selfish pleasures is the new - old way - of life.
Same human traits. Different gadgets.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: ] #7729690
11/29/22 07:05 AM
11/29/22 07:05 AM
H
Hutchy Offline OP
trapper
Hutchy  Offline OP
trapper
H

Originally Posted by Mark June
It's only been a short time that the masses haven't had to worry about growing and picking and slaughtering their own food. The 100 year industrial age, coming out of the 500 year agricultural era did that. So people, not having to worry about growing and picking and slaughtering their own food seek other means to fill their days. Most of those pursuits eminent, resonate, and aim for pleasure these days (we're now in what's called the technology era in human history) via technology. We're on one of those platforms right now. There are 1,000's more. The average 18-25 year old male spends 2000 hours a year looking at a screen and that number is expanding every time the researchers research.

Soon, the world will be sitting next to one another, totally engulfed by transhumanism (body parts connected online), consumed by things that are not where they are as they stare at screens or whatever the tech is, and human loneliness will grow even higher than it is now. 61% of Americans say they are lonely.

Well, go fishing, hunting, trapping with a buddy or a lady friend, or heck even something almost unheard of these days... take your spouse. Take your children.
But, that won't happen as much as we like, because technology and the pursuit of selfish pleasures is the new - old way - of life.

Blessings,
Mark

I like this explanation. As for boredom, I deal with people all day and when I'm not working, I am happy when people leave me alone for a day! Lol.

There are two types of gratification. The immediate, easy, soft dopamine hit type, and the type that is hard, or challenging with gratification only after the task is complete. Think mountain climbing, running a marathon...long days musky fishing even. Thinks that suck when you do them. I feel like overall these kinds of pursuits are decreasing for the first type, which abounds today. Seek pleasure, avoid pain, which leaves you feeling less fulfilled.

Don't worry though, soon we will all be connected through Elon musks nuralink, with chips in our brain. We can virtual hunt, sit in our chairs and rot while we vote for the politician that promises us the most free stuff

Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729692
11/29/22 07:07 AM
11/29/22 07:07 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Hutchy

Blessings,
Mark

I like this explanation. As for boredom, I deal with people all day and when I'm not working, I am happy when people leave me alone for a day! Lol.

There are two types of gratification. The immediate, easy, soft dopamine hit type, and the type that is hard, or challenging with gratification only after the task is complete. Think mountain climbing, running a marathon...long days musky fishing even. Thinks that suck when you do them. I feel like overall these kinds of pursuits are decreasing for the first type, which abounds today. Seek pleasure, avoid pain, which leaves you feeling less fulfilled.

Don't worry though, soon we will all be connected through Elon musks nuralink, with chips in our brain. We can virtual hunt, sit in our chairs and rot while we vote for the politician that promises us the most free stuff

No.

-Goofy-
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729714
11/29/22 07:30 AM
11/29/22 07:30 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

HT,
You'll be the dude in Logan's Run, trying to NOT be captured and reprogrammed!
May the trapping force be with you.

Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: ] #7729736
11/29/22 08:09 AM
11/29/22 08:09 AM
H
Hutchy Offline OP
trapper
Hutchy  Offline OP
trapper
H

HT,

Hobbie leading the resistance!

Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729765
11/29/22 08:36 AM
11/29/22 08:36 AM
Labrador, Canada
C
crosspatch Offline
trapper
crosspatch  Offline
trapper
C

Labrador, Canada
Pay gym and golf fees to burn off all the genetically modified processed food they eat.

Last edited by crosspatch; 11/29/22 08:43 AM.
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: crosspatch] #7729835
11/29/22 09:49 AM
11/29/22 09:49 AM
H
Hutchy Offline OP
trapper
Hutchy  Offline OP
trapper
H

Originally Posted by crosspatch
Pay gym and golf fees to burn off all the genetically modified processed food they eat.

I have a thing against golf. It is so funny how a simple game has garnered such a following, and culture.

Its just so extreme considering you are whacking a ball into a hole with a stick.

The same can be said for just about anything though. Heck, try musky fishing. We musky guys are straight up nuts lol

Last edited by Hutchy; 11/29/22 09:50 AM.
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729869
11/29/22 10:17 AM
11/29/22 10:17 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by crosspatch

I have a thing against golf.

me too

complete waste of a perfectly good rifle range / multi discipline shooting complex.

If I didn't hunt , fish , trap

I would have more time for competitive shooting and practice , maybe more money also.
and on the flip side , that competitive shooting practice has made me a faster more accurate shot.

my hobbies all seem to involve shooting or making food , I garden a bit also when hunting seasons are closed.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7729883
11/29/22 10:32 AM
11/29/22 10:32 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Good thing I'm not the masses. I do all that stuff for income and food. I will sometimes do fishing for fun. I hate myself for it. smile

Who is John Galt?
Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Eagleye] #7729887
11/29/22 10:34 AM
11/29/22 10:34 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Eagleye
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Same things we do when not hunting/fishing/trapping. Just more of it.

You mean they think about hunting/fishing/ trapping grin

grin

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: What do people who don't hunt, fish and trap do?? [Re: Hutchy] #7730803
11/30/22 01:12 PM
11/30/22 01:12 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

HT,

Hobbie leading the resistance!

No medals or memorials just straight up carnage until you’re done, you want to join?

-Goofy-
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread