No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Here we go again [Re: Providence Farm] #7732738
12/02/22 04:26 PM
12/02/22 04:26 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I have 35 chickens they eat a $17 bag of feed every 3 days.

The chick's cost 1 to 3.50 each depending on breed. Tha take several months before they start to lay. Time under a heat lamp a few die. Then in the winter they nearly quit laying. I got two eggs today. I could put a light on them and increase winter egg production.

I don't think I break even if all my cost are added in at $4 a dozen. It's just an extra convenience for our customers bringing people to our farm. We like the birds so that helps. People wast money on a lot of hobbies mine just happens to be farm related. I even generate income on some of it. One day I will make a profit.

Are your hens 2 yrs old and older?

You should be getting 25-30 eggs even now Unless they are in molt or older birds

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Here we go again [Re: 330-Trapper] #7732777
12/02/22 04:59 PM
12/02/22 04:59 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I have 35 chickens they eat a $17 bag of feed every 3 days.

The chick's cost 1 to 3.50 each depending on breed. Tha take several months before they start to lay. Time under a heat lamp a few die. Then in the winter they nearly quit laying. I got two eggs today. I could put a light on them and increase winter egg production.

I don't think I break even if all my cost are added in at $4 a dozen. It's just an extra convenience for our customers bringing people to our farm. We like the birds so that helps. People wast money on a lot of hobbies mine just happens to be farm related. I even generate income on some of it. One day I will make a profit.

Are your hens 2 yrs old and older?

You should be getting 25-30 eggs even now Unless they are in molt or older birds

Mine quit laying every winter, even first year hens, unless I put a light on them.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread