Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
Lobster oil attraction #7727237
11/26/22 08:45 AM
11/26/22 08:45 AM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline OP
trapper
kytrapper  Offline OP
trapper
K

SE Kentucky
Advertised as a mink,coon,otter attraction. Anyone like it on the water or tried it on land?

Re: Lobster oil attraction [Re: kytrapper] #7728326
11/27/22 03:23 PM
11/27/22 03:23 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Loved this and crawdad oil on coon.Funny thing,I saw where coon sets lured with either of these oils were ignored by otter.Maybe it was just circumstances,I thought they'd be otter killers.If coon prices rise these two oils would be at the top of my list

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Lobster oil attraction [Re: kytrapper] #7729049
11/28/22 02:49 PM
11/28/22 02:49 PM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline OP
trapper
kytrapper  Offline OP
trapper
K

SE Kentucky
I was wondering if it may hold any coyote or cat attraction squirted in a dirt hole. Maybe one good way to find out.

Re: Lobster oil attraction [Re: kytrapper] #7734125
12/04/22 07:21 AM
12/04/22 07:21 AM
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Northern Illinois
Used a small bottle of Lobster Oil on the trapline a few years back. Was using it on my water line and like you I was curious...made a flat set and punched a hole in a grassy clump and pushed a piece of cotton in the bottom of the hole. Used the Lobster oil in the hole and proceeded to catch a possum, a skunk, two coons and a feral cat...without ever refreshing the hole. Yeah, I know the catch circle may have been the attraction but I could still smell the lobster oil down in the hole. I believe eventually a guy could catch a fox coyote and a bobcat with the stuff. When we had gray and red fox here, I remember catching fox with fish oil down the hole. It made me realize, I need to use more fish oil, crawdad oil and lobster oil on my predator lines! Good luck!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91