No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: Dirt] #7738059
12/08/22 02:45 PM
12/08/22 02:45 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
unions have their place dad was a Teamster and it helped him when he got hurt but he would also be the first to tell you they had some real faults.

but government robbing the public coffers to bail out a private entity is strait up unconstitutional.

But it is ok for the IBEW to support a candidate that promises them a bunch of government funded jobs if he is elected?

they have for my entire life.
while the Union presidents are typically cheerleaders for the DNC the workers who think fore themselves often are not.

now first there is a distinction in outright robbing the publics money for bail outs vs funding infrastructure projects. those projects still have to go through the bid process technically a non union contractor could bid the project.

while much of the presidents plan forces change based on bad science , the union supporting someone who is going to benefit their member base with more jobs isn't out of line for them , the Union is supposed to be working for the employees who hire them through the dues they pay.

just like if all the independent electrical non union contractors formed a super pact to fund advertisements showing the huge miss management of funds by unions.

we are decades deep in creating new regulations for things like refrigerators based on junk science , what is better a refrigerator that uses 7% more power and lasts 50 years or a refrigerator that fails ever 8 years and is replaced 6 times in that 50 years, new materials , shipping , every time as well as cost to recycle the old one. loss of refrigerant gas every time.
corporations and unions have been riding that wagon a long time force obsolescence and create demand , it isn't about the environment and it never was it was about creating wealth and always has been.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: hippie] #7738060
12/08/22 02:48 PM
12/08/22 02:48 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by hippie
It may kill ya, but I'll guarantee it's true.

Drivers never even had to ask if it was a union shop or not, one trip and they knew.

It may kill ya,,but I have also seen just the opposite to be true.Workers not being paid enough to realy care weather you get unloaded in an hour,,or in 6 hours.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: danny clifton] #7738063
12/08/22 02:50 PM
12/08/22 02:50 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Yep, there are some that way, I agree. As a whole, that's not close the case.

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: danny clifton] #7738066
12/08/22 02:52 PM
12/08/22 02:52 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Saying ALL union workers are lazy slackers,,is just as ignorant as saying ALL non union workers are,, cant pass a drug test addicts,, just day working long enough to get money for their next fix.

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7738071
12/08/22 02:56 PM
12/08/22 02:56 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
unions have their place dad was a Teamster and it helped him when he got hurt but he would also be the first to tell you they had some real faults.

but government robbing the public coffers to bail out a private entity is strait up unconstitutional.

I agree.

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: danny clifton] #7738076
12/08/22 03:00 PM
South Central Kansas
KsTrapper88 Offline
trapper
KsTrapper88  Offline
trapper

South Central Kansas
Union dues don’t go to political campaigns. This literally gets hashed out every time we meet with our union rep, none of us on the crews here Vote Democrat either.

Derek
Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: upstateNY] #7738077
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Saying ALL union workers are lazy slackers,,is just as ignorant as saying ALL non union workers are,, cant pass a drug test addicts,, just day working long enough to get money for their next fix.

True, but I'm here to tell ya, there is a difference in the vast majority of them. There are some good ones, usually employee owned and union.

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: danny clifton] #7738078
12/08/22 03:02 PM
12/08/22 03:02 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
So it isn't illegal or unethical for politicians to buy votes. I'm glad we cleared that up.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: Drifter] #7738080
12/08/22 03:03 PM
12/08/22 03:03 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Drifter
PF I have worked union as well as private sector. I was pointing out that the union boast of they created the 40 hour work week was untrue as are a lot of their other claims. I witnessed their bully tactics that kept losers employed and were nothing but millstones to the company and in the long run the employees as well.

No doubt.Just as I have seen companies bully tactics trying to get rid of an employee simply because they pointed out some dangerous unsafe work practices that the company didn't feel like dealing with.Goes both ways.

Last edited by upstateNY; 12/08/22 03:04 PM.

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: upstateNY] #7738082
12/08/22 03:04 PM
12/08/22 03:04 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Bernie: You said you said the price of just about everything is higher because union workers are paid more for less work than non union workers.I simply explained to you why that is simply NOT true.With your line of thinking,,how do you explain the high cost of goods NOT produced by union workers?When I worked in a Foundry,,it was all Piece work.I poured Helicopter engine blocks.It was a four man pour,,so if one of us slacked off,,it affected the other three guys pay check.The more pieces we made in a week,,the more money we made.There was NO slacking off,,and the place was a sweat shop.I would like to see all the union worker bashers put in a days work in a 120 degree sweat shop pouring molten metal all day long.You folks that paint all union workers with the LAZY WORKER brush realy kill me.

There you go again accusing me of something I did not say, I never said ANYTHING about lazy workers. There's obviously no reasoning with you on this issue if you are going to deny something that is inherently true, that higher wages translates into higher costs. If you really don't think that's true there's not much use trying to have a rational conversation.

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: Dirt] #7738084
12/08/22 03:06 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
So it isn't illegal or unethical for politicians to buy votes. I'm glad we cleared that up.

Not any more, Dirt.

Heck, California politicians are laundering tax dollars buy giving 100 dollars to voters, who are then required to then donate it back to a politician. Buying votes with laundered money, lol.

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: Dirt] #7738085
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

LOL I think the past few years have proven that polititions can do what ever thay want,,,legal or not,, with no repurcussions.

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: upstateNY] #7738086
12/08/22 03:08 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Drifter
PF I have worked union as well as private sector. I was pointing out that the union boast of they created the 40 hour work week was untrue as are a lot of their other claims. I witnessed their bully tactics that kept losers employed and were nothing but millstones to the company and in the long run the employees as well.

No doubt.Just as I have seen companies bully tactics trying to get rid of an employee simply because they pointed out some dangerous unsafe work practices that the company didn't feel like dealing with.Goes both ways.

That argument went away with the formation of OSHA.

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: danny clifton] #7738087
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Upstate, I never had a job i couldn't go back to work on today except two that are no longer in business and the Air Force cause I am too old. 1980 I became a dad and needed better employment. I considered the navy about a minute. When I was discharge eligible from the Air Force uncle Sam did not want me to leave. One of the things they offered was to go on a Navy carrier. So I went to the recruiter. This was 4 years after my discharge. Took the physical and ASVAB test. Instead of a carrier they now wanted me to go to school in FL for a couple years then go on a nuclear sub. Stationed in Hawaii and at sea for six months at a time. I didnt really want to do that. So I've no clue what your referring to
LOL,,what a crock.You sound like a disgruntled EX union worker.Wonder why they let you go

I QUIT my union job at the Sunflower Army Ammunition plant. FWIW thats one of the employers I had that is out of business. The other job I cant go back too was Emporia Motor Freight. EMF. We hauled meat for IBP. They sold out in the 90's. EMF was NOT union.

The list of trucking companies that the teamsters bankrupted is a long one. Crooked as dogs hind leg. Every national union in the united states.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: KsTrapper88] #7738088
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by KsTrapper88
Union dues don’t go to political campaigns. This literally gets hashed out every time we meet with our union rep, none of us on the crews here Vote Democrat either.

Then where does the millions they donate come from if it's not from dues? What other sources of income do they have? How do they separate the dues out from the campaign funds donated?

I'm not being contrary here, I just want to learn how this works. I know for a fact that when my son was running for office, his opponent got money from the unions. And he's not anti-union by any stretch, he was a member of a Union at the time. (Still is, just a different union.)

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: danny clifton] #7738090
12/08/22 03:09 PM
12/08/22 03:09 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
P.S. I AM THE ONE WHO SAID UNION WORKERS WERE LAZY

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: bobsheedy] #7738095
12/08/22 03:15 PM
12/08/22 03:15 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted by bobsheedy

It's interesting that only disgruntled T-man members are speaking up.

None of the half dozen unions I was ever forced to join did anything for me
except steal part of my meager wages for their mandatory dues.

Then they used my money to support political candidates
that I was ideologically opposed to and would never vote for.

Thank god that SCOTUS handed down the JANUS DECISION and
I was able to opt out of mandatory, forced union membership and
they had to cease shaking me down for their union dues.

walleyed

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: danny clifton] #7738101
12/08/22 03:22 PM
12/08/22 03:22 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by danny clifton
P.S. I AM THE ONE WHO SAID UNION WORKERS WERE LAZY

Looking at your resume,,looks like a lot of outfits you worked for went out of business.Seems to be a pattern there.Just sayin.Carry on with your union bashing now.

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: walleyed] #7738102
12/08/22 03:24 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by bobsheedy

It's interesting that only disgruntled T-man members are speaking up.

None of the half dozen unions I was ever forced to join did anything for me
except steal part of my meager wages for their mandatory dues.

Then they used my money to support political candidates
that I was ideologically opposed to and would never vote for.

Thank god that SCOTUS handed down the JANUS DECISION and
I was able to opt out of mandatory, forced union membership and
they had to cease shaking me down for their union dues.

walleyed

You were never FORCED to join a union.You shoulnt have taken the jobs if you didn't want.Were you aware they were union jobs when you applied for them?

Re: Time to end labor unions [Re: danny clifton] #7738103
Northeast Texas
F
Flatfoot Offline
trapper
Flatfoot  Offline
trapper
F

Northeast Texas
Pure business fact unions are a by product of management! If you dig in to most of union pension shortfalls they are due to negotiation with failing companies in order to preserve jobs, most of those companies fail while they are handing out golden parachutes to management while they skip out the door after they sale off the assets of said company. Unions are not perfect just like businesses. As far as the statement that republicans always work towards a balanced budget in congressional action is a complete falsehood ( the last balanced budget the government had was under bill Clinton) if you dig into the history of it republicans are huge spenders of the publics money and the worst financial managers typically leaving us in financial crisis

Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread