No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7740114
12/10/22 04:44 PM
12/10/22 04:44 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Baker needs tied to a horse and sent on his way.

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: shanemoss] #7740115
12/10/22 04:45 PM
12/10/22 04:45 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by shanemoss
I'm disappointed with the "twitter files" honestly. I was hoping for more of a slam dunk kind of thing. It's a shame twitter has such influence but it is a private company, right? It's kind of like a Trump flag in my yard that few will see vs renting a billboard for all to see. The corrupt government is useing a corrupt billboard. It all sucks and makes my blood boil, but is it illegal? I hoped Trump media would level the field a bit but not so much. Sadly, I think the majority is speaking and it's not us....as usual.

No, the difference is that the US GOV uses Twitter as an "official means of communication", not a personal one. The US GOV also worked hand in hand with Twitter to suppress, down-rank, deboost, and just outright ban conservative accounts including conservative political leaders. This is quite literally what the 1st Amendment is for and had it just been Twitter acting alone, still wrong for a multitude of reasons, but this was the US GOV working with Twitter to control the speech of American Citizens who went against a narrative. More precisely when a conservative candidate was running a campaign and using one of the "official means of communication", their posts, their videos and their ability to use the official means of communication were suppressed, hid away, taken from plain view by the other party's members. When questioned about it, they and the US GOV lied because of this unfortunate trend where we rely on a "different interpretation" of a word, but we keep that secret and just say "Nope we didn't do that, because what you think it means and what I think it means are different."

Further, this is what is wrong with "content moderation" that is not done how this forum is done and how the internet used to be done. When you make a post, and nobody responds, you can see that people viewed it, but nobody responded. If you make a post and somebody else says "Hey Shanemoss, what you just said was so dumb, I don't ever want to hear you say that again, Got it?" You are getting the "in your face feedback" of being able to auto-adjust what you say based on other people's responses to your post. It replicates almost entirely the same thing you would get in person, minus the body language and to some extent the context. This is good, this is what makes normal human beings and helps us understand consequence and just general socialization techniques of what to do vs what not to do.

That didn't happen on Twitter, it doesn't happen on Instagram, Facebook and many other toxic social media platforms that have this insane policy. This is what happens instead. Shanemoss says "Hey guys, just wondering if you guys like trapping and what animal is your favorite to trap?". Now nobody responds for a week and you just think "wow I guess nobody liked what I had to say or maybe they don't like trapping.". This goes on and on and you keep making posts and nobody responds to your posts, until it's somebody telling you that civilized humans don't trap animals and that if you ever wanted to be a girl it's ok to feel that way. Then your "feed" gets blasted by nothing but liberal and left leaning propaganda that are put out by "bots" or computer software that somewhere in the mix is a human clicking "run". You don't feel the same way and so you decide to respond to a post and yet again nobody responds. Now this is the end of my example, but I want to tell you what you didn't know. You DIDN'T KNOW that you were automatically shadow banned or had a spam filter applied to your account because you mentioned "animal trapping". This means that right off the bat, people had to use much more specific keywords to find your account. What you DIDN"T KNOW is all of your posts were automatically deranked, deboosted and not shown to all the rest of the users even if they were to click on your profile. What you DIDN"T KNOW is that the person's post who you responded to, "restricted" you which means that you were blocked, all of THEIR followers automatically didn't see your post, and all the other people who had accounts also did not see your post at all.

Do you understand how dangerous and devastating that can be to a child, let alone a teenager who's only want in the world is attention from other people? The lack of meaningful feedback is what's wrong and this entire toxic viewpoint that we can alter the equity of a post based on a set of parameters is the worse thing to come around in a long long long time. To me it's a direct threat to the USA and the values and principals it was built on and is truly something that needs to be banned by congress. The pure fact that Congress Staff Members can get away with not having to respond to people on Twitter is absolutely atrocious. They also always use a bot to post things in a schedule, which means that they can "post" and you could be the first one to reply, they don't and wont ever see it because they are using computer software to make posts. Congress and Staffers use signal for official communication that can never be obtained, recovered, "got" or anything else, and that's another problem because any "spicy" content happens on Signal now.

Sorry ShaneMoss, but this was a slam dunk and if you don't see it, it's because you have been convinced not to see it or don't understand whats really been happening.

Last edited by MattLA; 12/10/22 05:01 PM.
Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7740122
12/10/22 04:50 PM
12/10/22 04:50 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You forgot about all the land/farms they own too.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7740209
12/10/22 06:40 PM
12/10/22 06:40 PM
Iowa
L
Ltrman Offline
trapper
Ltrman  Offline
trapper
L

Iowa
MattLA....are you a Fed or former Fed? Or someone very knowledgeable about the inner operations of Big Tech? I find most of what you say credible, with the exception of Biden not being a progressive. He has always been a lying POS who morphs into whatever will benefit him and his family. He likes to play the centrist Ole Joe....but he's always been a Leftist.

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: Catch22] #7740236
12/10/22 07:11 PM
12/10/22 07:11 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Catch22
Originally Posted by J Staton
Sad state of affairs that 'we the people' will allow without any repercussions for the players in this scheme.

Anybody know who the real players are?

I am NOT an anti-semite. Very far from it; my Lord and Savior is a Jewish carpenter who I know will sit on the throne again in Israel, but this needs attention to it.....

Members of Congress

Members in the Biden Administration

Last edited by Chancey; 12/10/22 07:13 PM.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7740240
12/10/22 07:18 PM
12/10/22 07:18 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
I really think that when the time comes, the anit-Christ will claim a Jewish heritage.

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7740255
12/10/22 07:36 PM
12/10/22 07:36 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7740343
12/10/22 09:13 PM
12/10/22 09:13 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Perhaps, but I doubt it. J Staton.

When it comes to geography, I take the Bible very literally on what is says (direction wise) and the people they describe (ethnicity wise). Neither Russia nor Iran is north of Jerusalem and Israel.
What is directly north is Syria (where the Temple of Baal was), The Caucasus region, and modern day Turkey (the Byzantine Empire), and north of that, what is known as modern day Ukraine. This region a long time ago was known as Khazaria.

The question is, who runs and is in control of that area now?

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: Ltrman] #7740365
12/10/22 09:43 PM
12/10/22 09:43 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by Ltrman
MattLA....are you a Fed or former Fed? Or someone very knowledgeable about the inner operations of Big Tech? I find most of what you say credible, with the exception of Biden not being a progressive. He has always been a lying POS who morphs into whatever will benefit him and his family. He likes to play the centrist Ole Joe....but he's always been a Leftist.

I am simply a full time sportsman, who I was in another life is not important and I am not really keen on speaking in detail about it. I do have experience with the US GOV and am very familiar with how it operates, functions, is structured and many other facets to it. To quote one of my heroes, of whom will remain nameless "The complexity of the world is only that of a man's making, for the simplest things in life bring the greatest joy a man can experience."

I don't think Joe Biden was ever some great politician, but there was a time when we all would consider him to be halfway decent. I will take your word on the rest, I never met him.

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7740412
12/10/22 10:39 PM
12/10/22 10:39 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
The Idiot has never been decent. He's always been an idiot.

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: MattLA] #7740416
12/10/22 10:45 PM
12/10/22 10:45 PM
Iowa
L
Ltrman Offline
trapper
Ltrman  Offline
trapper
L

Iowa
Originally Posted by MattLA
Originally Posted by Ltrman

I am simply a full time sportsman, who I was in another life is not important and I am not really keen on speaking in detail about it. I do have experience with the US GOV and am very familiar with how it operates, functions, is structured and many other facets to it. To quote one of my heroes, of whom will remain nameless "The complexity of the world is only that of a man's making, for the simplest things in life bring the greatest joy a man can experience."

I don't think Joe Biden was ever some great politician, but there was a time when we all would consider him to be halfway decent. I will take your word on the rest, I never met him.

That's fair enough. As for Biden, I'm old enough to remember his blatant lies and plagiarism when he was in Iowa the first time he ran for POTUS. Everything from lying about his academic accomplishments, or lack of, to claiming other peoples words as his. I don't think he's ever been decent but that's just me. Your insight on the twitter fiasco is interesting and informative.

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7749697
12/21/22 11:33 AM
12/21/22 11:33 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
Updated post with parts 1-8 now linked in the first post.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7749708
12/21/22 11:46 AM
12/21/22 11:46 AM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Joe Biden has no soul. He sold that off long ago. He is basically at his core a man of no substance other than that of a seeker of power through association not through personal will.

He is a user of other's platforms and is now the used of other's. Were it not so destructive his life story would be a sad tragedy.

[Linked Image]
Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7749858
12/21/22 02:22 PM
12/21/22 02:22 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
And today's news is.........................the dems are going to release Trumps tax returns!

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7749873
12/21/22 02:37 PM
12/21/22 02:37 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
So this just keeps getting better and better. We now have proof our FBI and our own house intel committee headed by Adam Schiff was working to suppress our freedom of speech protected by the constitution. I would think the supreme court can take it up now.

For sure Facebook, Google and YouTube were doing the same and need to be investigated and charged as well.

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: hippie] #7749874
12/21/22 02:39 PM
12/21/22 02:39 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by hippie
And today's news is.........................the dems are going to release Trumps tax returns!

Its state run media at this point. No different than China or Russia propaganda. Every American should turn it off and dont give them a view.

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7749875
12/21/22 02:40 PM
12/21/22 02:40 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
Pretty sure that's some wishful thinking Jeff. Nothing is going to come of it.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7749877
12/21/22 02:41 PM
12/21/22 02:41 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
This is the equivalent of the berlin wall falling, I would hope we wake up soon.

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7749883
12/21/22 02:49 PM
12/21/22 02:49 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
But it works.

Did you watch the Jan. 6th thread a couple days ago, and how the usual 3-4 bought it lock, stock and barrel?

Now they didn't think enough for themselves to realize that after the DOJ, FBI and CIA investigated it thorough enough to identify hundreds of people with just video, hours and hours of combing through social media, that if Trump was complicit it would've been all over the news via "leaks".

But what was the media pushing???? Jan. 6th hearings, lol.

Re: #TwitterFiles2 [Re: yotetrapper30] #7749888
12/21/22 02:54 PM
12/21/22 02:54 PM
alberta
S
spjones Online content
trapper
spjones  Online Content
trapper
S

alberta
Rep. Dan bishop’s current thread on the 1.7 trillion bill is a must read