Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
For the volume lure and bait makers #7744288
12/15/22 11:17 AM
12/15/22 11:17 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline OP
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline OP
trapper
B

SW Pa
850W Electric Concrete Vibrator Hand Held Button Lock Bubble Remover + 1.2M Hose $60.00 or so is the going price. I paid a bit less a while back.

An item I found very helful to settle a thick lure or bait in 5 gal. buckets or large mixing bowls. For years using our commercial Hobart 60 qt mixer I found considerable aeration that can develop within the product.

This trapped air gives considerable volume to a product. If bottled as is, you will have noticable volume drop in your containers while sitting on the shelf or may settle in transit.

It may take several weeks or months in some cases for all the encapsulated air to surface and escape. Hand stirring helps to a degree but it still isn't as efficient as this handy concrete vibrator.

The good mixing of a lure or a compounded bait is key to ensuring thorough ingredient blending.

This vibration method also serves to give you an accurate product volume immediately. A few minutes of use is all that is required. A post blended 90% volume in a 5 gal bucket of lure can drop 6+ inches in actual volume.

This method is for paste type products. Liquid volume materials would not require such a tool to surface the trapped air.

Re: For the volume lure and bait makers [Re: Bob Jameson] #7744952
12/16/22 12:39 AM
12/16/22 12:39 AM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
Good tip thanks for sharing