No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: white17] #7796895
02/12/23 02:53 PM
02/12/23 02:53 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by white17
All you have to do is look at the stock prices of public companies involved in pot production. It's been a losing proposition from the get-go.

Legal pot production is fleeing California because it can't compete with the black market stuff controlled by the cartels.

A degree in growing dope may be just as valuable as one in lesbian dance theory.

Some of my law partners and other colleagues represent pot growers. The successful ones are the experienced business men that sell pot like any other widget. They don't really need to know how to grow it. They do need to understand the regulations and how to run a business.

Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: white17] #7796899
02/12/23 02:58 PM
02/12/23 02:58 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
All you have to do is look at the stock prices of public companies involved in pot production. It's been a losing proposition from the get-go.

Legal pot production is fleeing California because it can't compete with the black market stuff controlled by the cartels.

A degree in growing dope may be just as valuable as one in lesbian dance theory.

Any degree in this area will be useful in growing many crops and make many advances in hydroponics and different growing systems. It will also increase production of said systems and that will reduce the cost of them for other crop growers.

Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: trapdog1] #7796900
02/12/23 03:00 PM
02/12/23 03:00 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by Blaine County

It was more of an unsanctioned intramural program for us at the University of Oklahoma 30 years ago.

As soon as the last kid in my house bounces, I will fully resume the program.

I don't have any desire to go down that road again. It mostly just made me dumber, and I do not need any help there.

I had a different experience--not that it made be smarter. I look back at all of the monumentally stupid decisions I made drunk and compare them to my pot era. No contest. Booze had a much more negative impact on the brain--primarily in/around the moment decision making.

I admittedly knew some stupid stoners. Not sure if it was the pot or if they were just stupid. I have also know plenty of stupid drunks.

Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: BigBob] #7796903
02/12/23 03:04 PM
02/12/23 03:04 PM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
It's legal here of all places with a card. However you have to read the small print when you get the card here. Once you get the card you have forfitted your 2A rights and they confiscate your firearms. Additionally it,s harder to get rid of the card than to get the card and I'm not how that works with your 2A rights even if you give up the card. I have seen first hand the bennifits of it when used by cancer patients. It is a blessing to them. I have to pass on the card and recreational use. I think you're right though I can see the volume and low overhead with the black market being much cheaper than government controlled stuff. Maybe the Demorats can try the same thing they're do with bullets and figure out how to put tiny serial numbers on every piece so LO can tell where it came from.

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: Providence Farm] #7796908
02/12/23 03:07 PM
02/12/23 03:07 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Any degree in this area will be useful in growing many crops and make many advances in hydroponics and different growing systems. It will also increase production of said systems and that will reduce the cost of them for other crop growers.

True story PF........so why not just take an ag major ? I suspect the pot major involves lots of "applied science" and "lab" classes..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/califo...jd&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Mean As Nails
Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: Blaine County] #7796914
02/12/23 03:21 PM
02/12/23 03:21 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Blaine County

Some of my law partners and other colleagues represent pot growers. The successful ones are the experienced business men that sell pot like any other widget. They don't really need to know how to grow it. They do need to understand the regulations and how to run a business.

Yep. I imagine the taxation and banking issues increase overhead tremendously compared to the black market stuff

Mean As Nails
Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: turkn8rtrapper] #7796927
02/12/23 03:37 PM
02/12/23 03:37 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
It's legal here of all places with a card. However you have to read the small print when you get the card here. Once you get the card you have forfitted your 2A rights and they confiscate your firearms. Additionally it,s harder to get rid of the card than to get the card and I'm not how that works with your 2A rights even if you give up the card. I have seen first hand the bennifits of it when used by cancer patients. It is a blessing to them. I have to pass on the card and recreational use. I think you're right though I can see the volume and low overhead with the black market being much cheaper than government controlled stuff. Maybe the Demorats can try the same thing they're do with bullets and figure out how to put tiny serial numbers on every piece so LO can tell where it came from.

Here it is regulated about the same as alcohol, maybe a little more heavily. You have to be 21, can’t toke and drive, can’t grow your own unless you I’ve more than 25 miles from a dispensary, can’t have more than an ounce in possession, can’t be in possession of firearms while stoned same as drunk. We don’t have to have a card or special permission, you just go to the pot store and buy it same as going to a liquor store, and we darn sure don’t forfeit 2A rights to use it. They passed a law here recently that an employer cannot fire you for having weed in your system unless your job is safety sensitive. I can’t use it because I work for DOT and hold a cdl so I have to follow federal law over state law.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: BigBob] #7796930
02/12/23 03:43 PM
02/12/23 03:43 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
White Because all the traditional ag school is geared towards large ag. It's the same at a lot of farm conferences. Small scale sustainable farming with local direct marketing it not something that's pushed and infact discouraged with regulations.

Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: turkn8rtrapper] #7797059
02/12/23 05:54 PM
02/12/23 05:54 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper

So if you get the card the cops come to your house and take your guns?

Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: BigBob] #7797080
02/12/23 06:23 PM
02/12/23 06:23 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Community college in Asheville has degrees in production of beer. Another college nearby is experimenting with varieties of hops that can be grown here.

Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: BigBob] #7797086
02/12/23 06:32 PM
02/12/23 06:32 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
Legal pot is a losing prospect. Here is why. One. You get your medical weed card. 2 you buy your regulated over priced weed at a head shop. 3. Now you find yourself a good source on the black market for 75 percent less then the legal head shop price. Your legal weed purchase lasts forever. Pretty simple

Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: BigBob] #7797091
02/12/23 06:37 PM
02/12/23 06:37 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I've never used marijuana and have no intention of ever using it, but I looked into growing marijuana and hemp when it became apparent that Ohio was going to start allowing people to do so. We have used CBD oil from hemp and did find it to work for us. Unfortunately, the state has made it prohibitively expensive and overly restrictive to do it, so we won't grow marijuana or hemp.

Keith

Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: Bob] #7797502
02/13/23 10:04 AM
02/13/23 10:04 AM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline OP
trapper
BigBob  Offline OP
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by Bob
The government brainwashed you if you believe pot is some kind of evil, life ruining drug. It’s legal here, lots of people use it same as they would drink alcohol, and you’d never be able to pick from a crowd who does or doesn’t. It is no different than getting drunk, except you never hear about someone getting stoned and beating their kids and wife.

No, but you hear about them robbing, stealing and killing to pay for their crap all the time! And do we need another class of impaired drivers on our roads? May not be any worse than alcohol, but is it any better?

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: BigBob] #7797551
02/13/23 11:26 AM
02/13/23 11:26 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
What next a College Course for CrystalMeth or the Mexican drug that kills people??? They could just call it Street Pharmacueticals!!!

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: BigBob] #7797570
02/13/23 11:55 AM
02/13/23 11:55 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
A couple things to consider.

Medical MJ is grown and processed in highly controlled environments. It's not as simple as growing it at home, or in the local farmers cornfield. Everything from picking seeds, germination, soil content to the clipping and drying of the flower is highly controlled.

Most of, if not all is grown indoors. They are constantly testing each "batch" as it is going through the processes. They are constantly testing terpine, THC, and CBD levels. Medical MJ is generally stronger. This allows you to get the desired result in alleviating the symptom(s) you are experiencing with the least amount of it being consumed. The making of edibles that are consistent is an art and science in and of itself.

Medical MJ is big business. What my wife pays for a 1/4 ounce at the local medical dispensary would buy her a full ounce of the same strain in NY. The problem lies in the fact, that while it is the same strain, it is not at the same level as Medical stuff, and it isn't controlled, or tested as well. In other words.. it just isn't as effective.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: BigBob] #7797571
02/13/23 11:58 AM
02/13/23 11:58 AM
Minnesota
M
Muskeg Offline
trapper
Muskeg  Offline
trapper
M

Minnesota
Freedom is scary. Get over it

Re: Welp, here we go! [Re: BigBob] #7797576
02/13/23 12:02 PM
02/13/23 12:02 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by BigBob
Originally Posted by Bob
The government brainwashed you if you believe pot is some kind of evil, life ruining drug. It’s legal here, lots of people use it same as they would drink alcohol, and you’d never be able to pick from a crowd who does or doesn’t. It is no different than getting drunk, except you never hear about someone getting stoned and beating their kids and wife.

No, but you hear about them robbing, stealing and killing to pay for their crap all the time! And do we need another class of impaired drivers on our roads? May not be any worse than alcohol, but is it any better?

It seems you have your street drugs all lumped Into a single category. And a mind set that every user is a methed out thug. It would blow your mind if you knew how many professionals use pot and you never know or hear about it. Pot smokers are most likely to ride the fridge and more interested in a bag of cheetos and sitting at home at home than running the town.

It is obvious your very limited in your understanding and experience.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 02/13/23 12:04 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread