No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: NonPCfed] #7800826
02/17/23 03:13 PM
02/17/23 03:13 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
hippie- Weren't you a strong supporter of Trump...?

If so, I wonder why you support Sniffy and the minions war against Russia so bad?? Must be a fan of Rambo II and III, eh?

Well, if the U.S. government does go full kinetic toe-to-toe inside Ukieland with the Rus, this old "Baghdad Bob" will be quiet because:

1) Sniffy and minions will probably imprison anyone who disagrees with them and I don't plan to find out how "drop the soap" works in prison.

and

2) It will be pointless to keep talking about it because a lot of American, and probably even some Canadian, military are going to die to prop up a worthless corrupt government who is actually grabbing men and boys off the streets and pressing them into their army against their will. So much for "western values". Everybody on here thinks its going to be a cake walk for the U.S. government and its NATO groupies to beat the Russian military and defeat the Russian nation. Might be, but what if its isn't and NATO doesn't win conventionally? What's Plan B...?? Full out nuclear war...?

Sorry, I think I'll pass on that one...

Yes sir, I supported Trump.

I didn't realize I had to root for Russia's invasion and success taking over another country because I dislike Biden and his moves.

Last edited by hippie; 02/17/23 03:15 PM.
Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: warrior] #7800895
02/17/23 06:03 PM
02/17/23 06:03 PM
monadnock region New Hampshire
nh toe pincher Offline
trapper
nh toe pincher  Offline
trapper

monadnock region New Hampshire
Originally Posted by warrior
Those 113s don't swim. Learned that on one of our rotations through the combat box at Hohenfels. We had just fininished digging a tank ditch across a small valley with a pond in the center. Our ditch run up to the pond on both sides. Unknown to us there was a 113 forward of us on an LP. We discovered that when it came screaming back to the lines with OPFOR hot on it's heels. The poor guys headed straight for what must've looked like the only gap in the ditch, the pond dam. I swear it looked like it went airborne before the splash down.

i had one completely airborne once during "combat speed" breach drills, the squad in the back wasnt too happy but we turned in the fastest time with all the brass watching wide eyed! laugh

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: Wolfdog91] #7800900
02/17/23 06:13 PM
02/17/23 06:13 PM
Va
S
Spike369 Offline
trapper
Spike369  Offline
trapper
S

Va
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
113's are support vehicles really. Their great for what their supposed to do but not past that. It alike how people try saying the Bradley isn't a good tanks because modern day tanks can easily defeat it's armor and it can't kill tanks with it's mail weapon....like yeah, their not ment to got up against tanks or anti tank weapons. Their a IFV .
113's are good for light support and doing things trucks can't really do. So mobile TOCS , ambulances , LIGHT infantry support platforms and troop transportation. They do however shine for combat roles like mobile motor systems. Their not a tank and anyone trying to use them like a tank without some upgrades needs friggen help.
They are however easy to fix and their one of the most durable vehicles we have , and we have plenty of them some I doubt the ones we btw are hiring anything at all past transportation costs.
Really with they would make one into a contact truck deal deal with a little crane. One rigged up like a baby 88 would be amazing!

A Bradley has a TOW weapon on it that will most definitely kill a tank. The problem with the TOW is its wire guided and it takes a brave crew o sit in the open for 15 seconds until the tank is killed or you!

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: NonPCfed] #7801102
02/17/23 10:23 PM
02/17/23 10:23 PM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
I don't see how joy riding over some civilians car gets accolades from the trapperman crew. Wonder if the car owner was alive to see it.

In any case, anyone following current turns of events in Ukraine knows the smiling joy rider was probably dead in a ditch before that video showed up here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKZpYglZrW4&t=0s

Last edited by wildflights; 02/17/23 10:27 PM.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: Spike369] #7801110
02/17/23 10:31 PM
02/17/23 10:31 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by Spike369
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
113's are support vehicles really. Their great for what their supposed to do but not past that. It alike how people try saying the Bradley isn't a good tanks because modern day tanks can easily defeat it's armor and it can't kill tanks with it's mail weapon....like yeah, their not ment to got up against tanks or anti tank weapons. Their a IFV .
113's are good for light support and doing things trucks can't really do. So mobile TOCS , ambulances , LIGHT infantry support platforms and troop transportation. They do however shine for combat roles like mobile motor systems. Their not a tank and anyone trying to use them like a tank without some upgrades needs friggen help.
They are however easy to fix and their one of the most durable vehicles we have , and we have plenty of them some I doubt the ones we btw are hiring anything at all past transportation costs.
Really with they would make one into a contact truck deal deal with a little crane. One rigged up like a baby 88 would be amazing!

A Bradley has a TOW weapon on it that will most definitely kill a tank. The problem with the TOW is its wire guided and it takes a brave crew o sit in the open for 15 seconds until the tank is killed or you!

Yes it can but it's not primarily for anti tank ops. Those twos are their just in case but the Bradley is not a tank or a tank hunter . That being said though the TOW is pretty formidable because of the fact is wire guideded .

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: NonPCfed] #7801134
02/17/23 11:09 PM
02/17/23 11:09 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
That Bradley carries troops that carry man portable anti tank misses. So for every Bradley there might be four or five missiles ready to go downrange. Not exactly a toe to toe match against a MBT but enough to make the other guy tread carefully. Couple that with the usual doctrine of MBT dispersed along with Mechanized Infantry and you've got a credible defense.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: NonPCfed] #7801138
02/17/23 11:10 PM
02/17/23 11:10 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
And the cannon on the Bradley gives it parity with most anything its size and smaller.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: NonPCfed] #7801143
02/17/23 11:24 PM
02/17/23 11:24 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
The old m113 came in a varient that had a tow launcher that did not leave the gunner or vehicle exposed when behind cover. The range was 4 klics. Better than most soviet tanks at the time.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: NonPCfed] #7801188
02/18/23 01:15 AM
02/18/23 01:15 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
Yes sir, I supported Trump.

I didn't realize I had to root for Russia's invasion and success taking over another country because I dislike Biden and his moves.

So, you still think this war started just a year ago, eh?

I know you don't like to watch videos or read text after links so I'll show the first few paragraphs of this post. Of course, you won't believe it but perhaps someone else will have a light bulb come on. So any time you hear a U.S. uniparty political war flack say 24 Feb 2022 was an "unprovoked attack" by the Rus, just remember its pure financial cabal and MIC bs. If anything, its a 9-year old civil war.

After the 2014 coup in Kiev the dully elected President Yanukovich had fled the country. His supporters in parliament were afraid and would no show up for further assemblies. The incoming U.S. selected government immediately set out to suppress the Russian speaking parts of Ukraine. The first move of the rump parliament, now dominated by right-wing people from west Ukraine, was to prohibit the Russian language for official business.

The ethnic Russian population in the east and southeast was opposed to the coup and rebelled against it. The new government tried to oppress it by military means. But a lot of soldiers defected to the rebels and soon those won the upper hand. The Ukrainian government troops were decisively defeated, twice. Each time the French, German, Russian and Ukrainian governments set down to come to agreements on how to proceed:

The first, known as the Minsk Protocol, was drafted in 2014 by the Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine, consisting of Ukraine, Russia, and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), with mediation by the leaders of France and Germany in the so-called Normandy Format. After extensive talks in Minsk, Belarus, the agreement was signed on 5 September 2014 by representatives of the Trilateral Contact Group and, without recognition of their status, by the then-leaders of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) and Luhansk People's Republic (LPR). This agreement followed multiple previous attempts to stop the fighting in the region and aimed to implement an immediate ceasefire.

The agreement failed to stop fighting, and was thus followed with a revised and updated agreement, Minsk II, which was signed on 12 February 2015. This agreement consisted of a package of measures, including a ceasefire, withdrawal of heavy weapons from the front line, release of prisoners of war, constitutional reform in Ukraine granting self-government to certain areas of Donbas and restoring control of the state border to the Ukrainian government. While fighting subsided following the agreement's signing, it never ended completely, and the agreement's provisions were never fully implemented.

The Minsk II agreement, a "Package of measures for the Implementation of the Minsk agreements", was endorsed by the UN Security Council Resolution 2205. It is available here. The package includes clearly numbered tasks. An immediate ceasefire is task 1. The 'Launch of a dialogue' about legislation measures the Ukrainian parliament would have to take to recognize a special status for Donbas is step 4. Step 9 is the reinstatement of full control of the state border by the government.

These clearly defined steps later proved to be the reason why the agreement was never fully implemented. The government of Ukraine insisted that step 9 should be taken before step 4. The governments of the Donetsk and Luhansk republics insisted on the original sequencing as giving up any control over the boarder with Russia, and the supplies coming through it, would have taken away their ability to defend themselves before the other steps, specifically the recognition of the special status of the Donbas republics, had been taken.

Over the years several summits were held to push for a fulfillment of the Minsk agreements. But the government of Ukraine, with 'western' support, continued to block the process.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2023/02/the-buildup-to-war-in-ukraine-february-15-2022.html#more

Late 2016. Auntie Lindsey is probably about the only one still alive in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWHviwLMy8

P.S. Donetsk, the 3rd or 4th largest city in 1991 Ukraine, has not been under the Kiev government control since late 2014. It doesn't seem those 1+ million people want to stay with the blue and yellow. Not one '...king American reporter has filed a story from Donestsk city, either the continued AFU shelling of it or anything else, this past year and probably for many years.

So yeah, this war started in February 2022.

Last edited by NonPCfed; 02/18/23 01:15 AM.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: NonPCfed] #7801192
02/18/23 01:40 AM
02/18/23 01:40 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Nato pushed for this war if you review the facts.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... [Re: Dirt] #7801193
02/18/23 01:42 AM
02/18/23 01:42 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Dirt
The old m113 came in a varient that had a tow launcher that did not leave the gunner or vehicle exposed when behind cover. The range was 4 klics. Better than most soviet tanks at the time.

There was also an open top mortar carrier. Those things could really shoot and scoot.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread