No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840558
04/07/23 10:08 AM
04/07/23 10:08 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Sounds real serious. A professionally trained guard dog might b a real consideration

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840583
04/07/23 11:00 AM
04/07/23 11:00 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Didn’t read through everything. But how old is she? Not that it matters, but does she own a firearm?

I’m an action type. I’d take off work and be there if it’s a consistent thing. I’d wait, then I’d make sure he didn’t stalk anyone again. My cousin was in a bad relationship and and had restraining order. The guy just couldn’t let it go. I made a trip and was in the house when he showed up. She wanted to call the police when he pulled in. I knew a truck in her drive that he didn’t know would set him off…premeditated? Well we spoke and I told him to leave and shut the door. He decided another man wasn’t going to get his girl so he busted through the door.
Long story short when I told her to call the police they arrived to a very broken man with video evidence for the most part to justify actions taken. After his hospital stay he he went to jail and hasn’t been heard from again.
Sometimes folks just need to be taught a lesson. And make sure it’s a lesson they don’t forget. What’s worse for this guy is he was still under the UCMJ…so when local got through I made sure Uncle Sam got their licks in as well. Nothing against the Army, but he was convinced he was invincible.

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840585
04/07/23 11:01 AM
04/07/23 11:01 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
She needs to know it is likely she and all her family members are in constant danger until he is either in prison or in the ground. She and her husband can never let their guard down until the situation is over. They need to read "When Violence is the Answer" by Tim Larkin. It will help them establish the proper mindset.

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840590
04/07/23 11:07 AM
04/07/23 11:07 AM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
Be careful and smart, and keep your cell phone in the house.

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840601
04/07/23 11:24 AM
04/07/23 11:24 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
besides pintails advice I would

when it comes to defense from a violent person , the victim typically has to be the person to do it , sad but true

so build the story on paper this is insurance down the road

all doors locked on the house all times even when home, we had a crazy lady walking into peoples houses and taking baths , while she was mostly harmless it just proves the point the fastest way to lock a door is to have it be habit every single time you close it.
I trained my daughters on this years ago and yes it is a little frustrating I get locked out as I am carrying groceries in because they walked in the door 10 feet in front of me.

install surveillance cameras , get around the house all angles so you can see everything from inside

sounds like newer house so I assume attached garage , clean it out so she can back in , yes back in this way you are able to open the door , see in , turn the car around and back in so you can see out , then close the door and exit the vehicle.
if you need to leave you are pointed out already and get no surprises backing up

then close the door before you pull away Assuming newer house and automatic garage door opener/closer it is down 3 seconds before you start to pull away.

if you go down there you are mostly there to watch the kids to facilitate the next items

she needs to go to a range and take some training and find the gun that fits her , one she will carry on her and use , if she won't do that then skip that step.
ask the trainer for drills for this type of situation maybe you find the trainer and ask them the questions
there are a lot of types of shooting and she needs to learn up close defensive right now , tactics like turning weak arm into and attack to push off while firing form retention
blue gun (inert training gun) practice knowing what to do and having it as muscle memory are two different things one takes though , the other is reaction with the only thought being do I or don't I pull the trigger.
obtain a CCP/CCL if they take a long time , where she is at , as part of the restraining order the judge can typically issue one.

she is building the paper trail and the skills should they be needed.

you can pay for things , you can watch kids , you can facilitate , but you can't be there all the time and neither can her husband so you are both around for relief and not the fight most likely should there be one.

inform friends , neighbors , relatives in the area , provide them a picture , description, a brief statement of the issue and the police number for her department to report if they see him following her.

develop some code phrases to use for situations

cops often have these little codes with their families , could be something as simple as "I left my pen in the car" and that is the code for let go of the shopping cart we are walking or exiting the store now. just a follow me we are moving

errands and shopping may have to become something your son in law does or goes with on more often
many stores now offer the curb side pick up this might be an option when she needs supplies , but buy some extra groceries ahead so that you don't have to just run out for a minute.

if she has a friend to shop with , it is at least a second set of eyes but they should know what is going on and be informed.

he likely wants her alone or that would be his greatest opportunity to do something

so for a while she can only be alone or distracted when behind a locked door

the situational awareness codes Cooper came up with are still relevant
here is a bit of a description
https://www.cmagriffin.com/situational-awareness-level/

you , friends , husband want to make sure she gets enough "white time" it is exhausting to be on all the time that is why the other tools help secure the perimeter for "white time"

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840606
04/07/23 11:27 AM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Went through something like that in the late 70's, Posco. Everyone on "your" side has to take it as seriously as it truly is, especially your daughter and her husband. It will continue until something tangible is done about it.

I don't want to go into details in any way publicly, but the situation involving a woman I loved, and am still with, ended quite abruptly and without further incident. 'Nuff said.

Moosetrot

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: AntiGov] #7840607
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Depends on how serious .

If I was worried I'd close the gap quickly and pay it a visit

X2
I'm glad police are aware.
Praying for your daughters safety

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840611
04/07/23 11:31 AM
04/07/23 11:31 AM
SD
T
TC1 Offline
trapper
TC1  Offline
trapper
T

SD
If I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t hesitate, if your daughter wants, to spend time there with her. Unfortunately police can’t be everywhere at once and often the time of response isn’t what is required. If something is observed while there, do what is needed. SSS

Long live the MAGA King
Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840621
04/07/23 11:45 AM
04/07/23 11:45 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline OP
trapper
Posco  Offline OP
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I'll do what 98% of you guys guys would do to protect your kids. Still waiting to hear from her.
Me and my girls. My daughter in question is to the left.
[Linked Image]

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840641
04/07/23 12:21 PM
04/07/23 12:21 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Moose antler is an option, In Maine as in Minnesota they should be available!

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Bear Tracker] #7840649
04/07/23 12:29 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Moose antler is an option, In Maine as in Minnesota they should be available!

Or swing by Louisville I hear it’s lovely this time of the year. Always handy to have around.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840650
Ar
G
gregh Online content
trapper
gregh  Online Content
trapper
G

Ar
Find out where he lives, drive down and give him a visit, do not go see your kid or grandkids and then drive back. Do not buy gas with a credit card and do not let anyone else know where you are. He will never be a problem again.

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: gregh] #7840658
04/07/23 12:39 PM
04/07/23 12:39 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by gregh
Find out where he lives, drive down and give him a visit, do not go see your kid or grandkids and then drive back. Do not buy gas with a credit card and do not let anyone else know where you are. He will never be a problem again.

don't it would be impossible to drive Maine to NC without being on 20+ plate readers and traffic cams

you have to find a way the local law can deal with it and that means documentation. unless of course you have stage 4 cancer then I am very sorry.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840660
04/07/23 12:42 PM
04/07/23 12:42 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Pm sent

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: gregh] #7840661
04/07/23 12:44 PM
04/07/23 12:44 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota

Sorry but that's horrible advice.

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840667
04/07/23 12:56 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Probably not a good idea posting about this on public forum. If you happen to get involved in any kind of incident they very easily could find this and anything you say could be used against you.

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: gregh] #7840668
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.

This^^^

When I was younger I was working on a railgang in a remote area.The foreman was an older fella,early 50's at the time.Tony was tough as nails,and an outdoorsman and strong as a bull.
He was the father of 3 daughters,and very protective of them.
One of his daughters was married to a loser and he didnt like it.
When he heard that her daughter had been beaten by this loser one night,this is what he did.

Around midnight we heard the railway speedr start up and take off south.Around 6 in the morning we heard it coming back,just befor the shift started.

Found out later Tony had travelled thru the night by speeder, 150 miles by rail thru 2 railyards to the town where his daughter and son inlaw lived,grabbed the guy and pistol whipped him with a handgun within an inch of his life,rode 150 miles back by speeder.

His daughter left the guy,and never had any trouble with him again.

The police got involved because of the severity of the beating but couldnt prove anything since no one talked.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Boco] #7840674
04/07/23 01:07 PM
04/07/23 01:07 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Boco

This^^^

When I was younger I was working on a railgang in a remote area.The foreman was an older fella,early 50's at the time.Tony was tough as nails,and an outdoorsman and strong as a bull.
He was the father of 3 daughters,and very protective of them.
One of his daughters was married to a loser and he didnt like it.
When he heard that her daughter had been beaten by this loser one night,this is what he did.

Around midnight we heard the railway speedr start up and take off south.Around 6 in the morning we heard it coming back,just befor the shift started.

Found out later Tony had travelled thru the night by speeder, 150 miles by rail thru 2 railyards to the town where his daughter and son inlaw lived,grabbed the guy and pistol whipped him with a handgun within an inch of his life,rode 150 miles back by speeder.

His daughter left the guy,and never had any trouble with him again.

The police got involved because of the severity of the beating but couldnt prove anything since no one talked.

Now you know it’s a bad idea.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840710
04/07/23 02:04 PM
04/07/23 02:04 PM
Minnesota
M
Muskeg Offline
trapper
Muskeg  Offline
trapper
M

Minnesota
I know a guy that paints houses

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7840731
04/07/23 02:36 PM
04/07/23 02:36 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Boco it isn't 1973 any more

150 miles in one night 50 years ago is a lot different than 1500 across at least 6 states with at least 3 states having toll roads numerous bridges

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread