No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: Finster] #7881880
06/10/23 06:03 PM
06/10/23 06:03 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Finster
Here is what this boils down to:
1. President Trump could declassify ANY document from his presidency. PERIOD! He had that power.
2. He gave the National Archives complete access to any record they wanted. That is documented, by his lawyers. PERIOD!
3. Had President Trump decided not to run in 2024, this would be a non-issue. PERIOD!
4. Hillary and Biden did much worse. Hillary should be in prison right now and Biden did the same thing if not worse BEFORE fixing the election and becoming "President". PERIOD!

So poke around all you want and talk about it all you wish, but the fact remains that the Democratic Party is turning this country into a Banana Republic and no matter what side of the fence you land on, you better hope that the next trumped-up charges are not against you! PERIOD!!!!!!!

Imagine having your house paid off only to have to mortgage it again so you can pay a lawyer.

Just thinking about it makes me want to play a thousand gigs.

-Goofy-
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: Finster] #7881897
06/10/23 06:39 PM
06/10/23 06:39 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
1. President Trump could declassify ANY document from his presidency. PERIOD! He had that power.
2. He gave the National Archives complete access to any record they wanted. That is documented, by his lawyers. PERIOD!
3. Had President Trump decided not to run in 2024, this would be a non-issue. PERIOD!
4. Hillary and Biden did much worse. Hillary should be in prison right now and Biden did the same thing if not worse BEFORE fixing the election and becoming "President". PERIOD!

So poke around all you want and talk about it all you wish, but the fact remains that the Democratic Party is turning this country into a Banana Republic and no matter what side of the fence you land on, you better hope that the next trumped-up charges are not against you! PERIOD!!!!!!!

This is exactly the way that everyone that is in my circle believes! WELL SAID

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: Dirt] #7881916
06/10/23 07:06 PM
06/10/23 07:06 PM
Va
S
Spike369 Online content
trapper
Spike369  Online Content
trapper
S

Va
Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by hippie
Do you know how the national archives know said documents even exist ?

Does it matter? The fact is Trump was not suppose to take them. It is clearly covered under PRA

"How much time do outgoing Presidents have to go through their papers to determine what to retain as personal documents?

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) requires the President to separate personal documents from Presidential records before leaving office. 44 U.S.C. 2203(b). The PRA makes clear that, upon the conclusion of the President’s term in office, NARA assumes responsibility for the custody, control, preservation of, and access to the records of a President. 44 U.S.C. 2203(g)(1). The PRA makes the legal status of Presidential records clear and unambiguous, providing that the United States reserves and retains “complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records.” 44 U.S.C. 2202. There is no history, practice, or provision in law for presidents to take official records with them when they leave office to sort through, such as for a two-year period as described in some reports. If a former President or Vice President finds Presidential records among personal materials, he or she is expected to contact NARA in a timely manner to secure the transfer of those Presidential records to NARA. "

Source: National Archives website

But it's ok if Pence. Dementia Joey, and Hitlery all store classified documents for years. I get it!

Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: Finster] #7881919
06/10/23 07:12 PM
06/10/23 07:12 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.

Who said its not illegal for biden pense and clinton to do all that,if they did that?

Last edited by Boco; 06/10/23 07:12 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7881923
06/10/23 07:17 PM
06/10/23 07:17 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
When history, wait! History is being rewritten as I am writing this!

Okay if it’s ever really honestly revealed I’ll bet that most politicians have classified documents in their possession and it might even be as far down the ladder as mittens and mookowski!

Politicians are the only ones in our society that can break the law and get away without being punished!

Last edited by Oh Snap; 06/11/23 09:28 AM.

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7881932
06/10/23 07:35 PM
06/10/23 07:35 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
I watched a bit of Trump in Georgia this afternoon.. Now he is speaking to the North Carolina state convention. Two convention speakings in the same day,.I wonder how in the world Biden could stand up to that stamina during the election.

Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: Boco] #7881934
06/10/23 07:40 PM
06/10/23 07:40 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Boco

Who said its not illegal for biden pense and clinton to do all that,if they did that?

Because they were not the President and only the President can summarily declassify government documents. Hillary was not President, she was Secretary of State. Biden was a senator and the documents found in his garage next to his son's crack pipe were from his term as senator.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: mnsota] #7881937
06/10/23 07:43 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by mnsota
I watched a bit of Trump in Georgia this afternoon.. Now he is speaking to the North Carolina state convention. Two convention speakings in the same day,.I wonder how in the world Biden could stand up to that stamina during the election.

If biden attempted this, he would probably fall down at least a dozen times and spout out more literal gibberish than you could listen to in an hour.

Keith

Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: Spike369] #7881938
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Spike369

Does it matter? The fact is Trump was not suppose to take them. It is clearly covered under PRA

"How much time do outgoing Presidents have to go through their papers to determine what to retain as personal documents?

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) requires the President to separate personal documents from Presidential records before leaving office. 44 U.S.C. 2203(b). The PRA makes clear that, upon the conclusion of the President’s term in office, NARA assumes responsibility for the custody, control, preservation of, and access to the records of a President. 44 U.S.C. 2203(g)(1). The PRA makes the legal status of Presidential records clear and unambiguous, providing that the United States reserves and retains “complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records.” 44 U.S.C. 2202. There is no history, practice, or provision in law for presidents to take official records with them when they leave office to sort through, such as for a two-year period as described in some reports. If a former President or Vice President finds Presidential records among personal materials, he or she is expected to contact NARA in a timely manner to secure the transfer of those Presidential records to NARA. "

Source: National Archives website

But it's ok if Pence. Dementia Joey, and Hitlery all store classified documents for years. I get it!

No. However, the law Trump initially broke was stealing government property and had nothing to do with classified documents.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7881940
06/10/23 07:47 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
How can a president steal what he has supreme authority over?

Or is the president a caged monkey?

Those are his papers, his work product.

If this stands the most powerful position on the planet is a slave of the nameless unelected bureaucrat state.

[Linked Image]
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7881942
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"Some secrets, such as information related to nuclear weapons, are handled separately under a specific statutory scheme that Congress has adopted under the Atomic Energy Act. Those secrets cannot be automatically declassified by the president alone and require, by law, extensive consultation with executive branch agencies.

In all cases, however, a formal procedure is required so governmental agencies know with certainty what has been declassified and decisions memorialized. A federal appeals court in a 2020 Freedom of Information Act case, New York Times v. CIA, underscored that point: “Declassification cannot occur unless designated officials follow specified procedures,” the court said.

As the new ABA Legal Fact Check notes, the extent of a president’s legal authority to unilaterally declassify materials — without following formal procedures — has yet to be challenged in court."

Source: ABA

Who is John Galt?
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: warrior] #7881943
06/10/23 07:48 PM
06/10/23 07:48 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by warrior

If this stands the most powerful position on the planet is a slave of the nameless unelected bureaucrat state.

I posted the Law. Can you not read?

Who is John Galt?
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: Dirt] #7881945
06/10/23 07:50 PM
06/10/23 07:50 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

No. However, the law Trump initially broke was stealing government property and had nothing to do with classified documents.

I disagree. He was contacted and cooperated fully with the archives. That is documented by his lawyers. He even did as they asked and put a lock on the room. He invited them in and told them if they needed anything to "just ask". Yea, sounds like a mastermind criminal to me!
crazy

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: Dirt] #7881949
06/10/23 07:55 PM
06/10/23 07:55 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by warrior

I posted the Law. Can you not read?

Shall I post the Supreme Law the Constitution of the United States?

[Linked Image]
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7881956
06/10/23 08:01 PM
06/10/23 08:01 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Sure post the section in the constitution that covers this.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: Marty] #7882102
06/10/23 10:59 PM
06/10/23 10:59 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by Marty
it is e-z to choose who to charge when you have/have had control of the justice dept...all the evidence on the bidens and nothing.....repeat that 50X over for all the other things not charged. 'They' have had control for a long time before 2016 and trump never stopped that.

Could he have stopped that? If he would have cleaned house in the Justice Department and the FBI, he would have been impeached for obstruction of justice.

Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: 52Carl] #7882105
06/10/23 11:02 PM
06/10/23 11:02 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Originally Posted by Marty
it is e-z to choose who to charge when you have/have had control of the justice dept...all the evidence on the bidens and nothing.....repeat that 50X over for all the other things not charged. 'They' have had control for a long time before 2016 and trump never stopped that.

Could he have stopped that? If he would have cleaned house in the Justice Department and the FBI, he would have been impeached for obstruction of justice.

Yup, had he moved against the DOJ/FBI while facing impeachment it would've made Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre reaction look tame.

They rigged the whole game against him from the start.

[Linked Image]
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7882127
06/10/23 11:53 PM
06/10/23 11:53 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Its funny how all these indictments came out the same day they caught Joe Biden getting 5 million in pay for play. Do you suppose its to swing the news cycle away from the Biden crime family once again ?

The swamp is panicking that Trump will win again and expose all these criminals. They are now getting desperate.

If anyone dont think these bogus charges are about stopping him from running and winning the election, all you have to do is see what the talking points are on the MSM and they are now saying Trump should take a plea deal to where he would drop out of the race.

So no, this is not political at all.

Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7882131
06/10/23 11:57 PM
06/10/23 11:57 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
All bets are off when Trump wins, first the nomination and then the general. Or least when he's about to.

The fact that they are willing to prostitute out the DOJ for such evil purposes without blinking an eye and that so many sheeple buy it as anything justifies the means tells me they are capable of anything.

Keep your powder dry.

[Linked Image]
Re: Consequences for Trumped Up [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7882142
06/11/23 12:28 AM
06/11/23 12:28 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

Report a post club - Non member