General Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Hanson Bait [Re: CharlesKS] #808651
07/29/08 10:19 AM
07/29/08 10:19 AM

C
Corey Hain
Unregistered
Corey Hain
Unregistered
C

At least this year they will be worth catching Charles...maybe.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: ] #808653
07/29/08 10:22 AM
07/29/08 10:22 AM
Kansas,32,6-1,220,B/B NS
CharlesKS Offline
trapper
CharlesKS  Offline
trapper

Kansas,32,6-1,220,B/B NS
yup, if they dont spend to much time in the tree holes.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: CharlesKS] #808834
07/29/08 12:43 PM
07/29/08 12:43 PM
MO
C
Creek Trapper Offline
trapper
Creek Trapper  Offline
trapper
C

MO
I don't get why everything on here has to be a competition. "So and so can out trap 95% of everyone on here", umm....okay..congratulations??

"I have done so much testing on this animal that it would blow your mind away. You have no idea how good I am. There are so many different scents I have found that are gold on coon that no-one else would even think about." Good job, I'm glad you're dedicated enough to do such extensive testing! Just continue to rub it in our face and not say anything to back it up? Kind of like the 7th grade kid on test day whispering to his peer as he hands in his test "ha ha! I know the answer to number 17 and I'm not going to tell you! Sucks for you!".

I am with Heimbrock....why not share some of your knowledge? Oh that's right if you tell one guy your secret lure then the word will spread and then everyone in the country will be using it. But if it is so good as claimed then shouldn't it continue to work equally as well?

Aren't we as trappers all in this together? The very small population we make up, don't we need to lift each other up and enlighten them on some things?

Yeah okay, tell me I suck and 90% of everyone here could out trap me. It's probably true. I don't care. I'm not in it to set records and make a big name of myself to stroke my ego, but I do know I'm having fun doing what I can.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: Creek Trapper] #808842
07/29/08 12:50 PM
07/29/08 12:50 PM
AR
T
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper
TurkeyWrangler  Offline
trapper
T

AR
[quote=Creek Trapper
I am with Heimbrock....why not share some of your knowledge? Oh that's right if you tell one guy your secret lure then the word will spread and then everyone in the country will be using it. But if it is so good as claimed then shouldn't it continue to work equally as well? [/quote]

Well obviously these lures are so superior to everything else out there that if they became general knowledge the fur market would quickly become so flooded that no one could sell thier furs. So you see it's better for everyone if these lures are kept top secret.

Poor people have poor ways.
Re: Hanson Bait [Re: Creek Trapper] #808856
07/29/08 12:57 PM
07/29/08 12:57 PM

A
ADC
Unregistered
ADC
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: Creek Trapper
I don't get why everything on here has to be a competition. "So and so can out trap 95% of everyone on here", umm....okay..congratulations??

"I have done so much testing on this animal that it would blow your mind away. You have no idea how good I am. There are so many different scents I have found that are gold on coon that no-one else would even think about." Good job, I'm glad you're dedicated enough to do such extensive testing! Just continue to rub it in our face and not say anything to back it up? Kind of like the 7th grade kid on test day whispering to his peer as he hands in his test "ha ha! I know the answer to number 17 and I'm not going to tell you! Sucks for you!".

I am with Heimbrock....why not share some of your knowledge? Oh that's right if you tell one guy your secret lure then the word will spread and then everyone in the country will be using it. But if it is so good as claimed then shouldn't it continue to work equally as well?

Aren't we as trappers all in this together? The very small population we make up, don't we need to lift each other up and enlighten them on some things?

Yeah okay, tell me I suck and 90% of everyone here could out trap me. It's probably true. I don't care. I'm not in it to set records and make a big name of myself to stroke my ego, but I do know I'm having fun doing what I can.

You think lure/bait makers are going to just post their recipes and ingredents on here? You should be greatful for any information you get from some of these guys, they wouldn't have to tell you anything.

~ADC~

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: Creek Trapper] #808859
07/29/08 12:59 PM
07/29/08 12:59 PM
montgomery co.,ks
kseric Offline
trapper
kseric  Offline
trapper

montgomery co.,ks
hats off to ya creek trapper.

keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back

YOU DO YOUR THING, I'LL DO MINE
Re: Hanson Bait [Re: kseric] #808874
07/29/08 01:11 PM
07/29/08 01:11 PM
Wisconsin
Blackdog Offline
trapper
Blackdog  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
ADC, Greatful?
The only thing i'm greatful for is the fact that i'm still above ground! The rest is just cake!
Troy

Just ask your mommy...
Re: Hanson Bait [Re: Blackdog] #809840
07/29/08 11:35 PM
07/29/08 11:35 PM
MO
C
Creek Trapper Offline
trapper
Creek Trapper  Offline
trapper
C

MO
 Originally Posted By: ADC
You think lure/bait makers are going to just post their recipes and ingredents on here?

~ADC~

No, not in the least bit. That's not what I'm getting at. Even if it were so, I can almost guarantee you that alot of the ingredients involved in many lures would not be easily attainable to the average joe and the time taken to process and render or rot down or taint or age or whatever would not be worth it, and it would still be just as easy and cost effective to buy from the original maker.

It's just this "I'm better than you and I'm going to let it be known" gets my goat every time. Gloating ticked me off back in 3rd grade and it still does today. Maybe it's just me and the way I read posts and ads and claims, I don't know. Carry on.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: Creek Trapper] #809852
07/29/08 11:42 PM
07/29/08 11:42 PM

A
ADC
Unregistered
ADC
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: Creek Trapper
 Originally Posted By: ADC
You think lure/bait makers are going to just post their recipes and ingredents on here?

~ADC~

No, not in the least bit. That's not what I'm getting at. Even if it were so, I can almost guarantee you that alot of the ingredients involved in many lures would not be easily attainable to the average joe and the time taken to process and render or rot down or taint or age or whatever would not be worth it, and it would still be just as easy and cost effective to buy from the original maker.

It's just this "I'm better than you and I'm going to let it be known" gets my goat every time. Gloating ticked me off back in 3rd grade and it still does today. Maybe it's just me and the way I read posts and ads and claims, I don't know. Carry on.

OK, I guess I read your post wrong as well. I can see where it looks like some of these posts are bragging but for the most part I'm seeing honesty and truthfulness. It's hard to know for sure though through a computer screen, that's why they get the benifit of the doubt from me. Carry on. \:D

~ADC~

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: ] #809856
07/29/08 11:44 PM
07/29/08 11:44 PM
Brooklyn, Iowa 45 years old st...
K
k9. Offline
trapper
k9.  Offline
trapper
K

Nick I was gonna spend $50 on you, but I see that you don't care what I spend it on, so I will spend it on me.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: k9.] #809864
07/29/08 11:48 PM
07/29/08 11:48 PM

N
Nick C
Unregistered
Nick C
Unregistered
N

lol

I respect your decision. You deserve to treat Bruce. Bruce is good to you.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: ] #809870
07/29/08 11:52 PM
07/29/08 11:52 PM
K
k9. Offline
trapper
k9.  Offline
trapper
K

Yes Bruce is.

Braveheart knows his stuff fellas. That I know to be true.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: ] #809871
07/29/08 11:53 PM
07/29/08 11:53 PM
MO
C
Creek Trapper Offline
trapper
Creek Trapper  Offline
trapper
C

MO
Yes I agree. It is hard to truly understand the "tone" of a speaker through internet posts. We all contemplate things differently.

I have not exactly had the best of things happen to me this week so maybe I'm cranky. Goodnight.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: Creek Trapper] #809896
07/30/08 12:49 AM
07/30/08 12:49 AM
Northwest Missouri
I
iowaminker Offline
trapper
iowaminker  Offline
trapper
I

Northwest Missouri
Wow. And I hadn't looked at this post since it was on page one.s

waterfordcooner .... what's the 17 behind your location? (oh, yeah, I know age doesn't mean anything) but if that does represent your age ... I feel for you, you know it all already, and have nothing else to learn. If that doesn't represent your age, I still feel the same.

EmpireBuilder and "his 10 posts"...he's one of the guys from towards the beginning of this forum. I fully conceptualize his posts don't near number those of yours ... and that proves?????

I don't have even 200 so, I'm sure I'm a nobody too, and shouldn't be listened to. Great premise on things you have.

I'm pretty sure this topic began because of a reason that a prepared bait can be a good thing, and the guy was interested in getting it. Some, set in their ways will stick to fish, some .. fish and fishoil, some fish and fishoil/shellfish mixture. That's fine, they'll catch coon. So, why are some so animated that it's a waste of money to buy a prepared bait? Whatever works for ya, why get worked up enough to try and have everyone else conform to your thoughts?

But, a GOOD bait, WILL catch more! No different than a good lure for canines. Give an animal more options and you'll have better results. Seems to hold for canines, but no so for the measely coon. Apparently canines, and all the mystique around them, emplore some kind of special chemistry that only canines are equipped w/, and thusly a good lure/bait is only used for such. Since they are so special. Can you catch a coyote on a hotdog?

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: iowaminker] #809998
07/30/08 08:19 AM
07/30/08 08:19 AM
K
k9. Offline
trapper
k9.  Offline
trapper
K

Garsh Iowaminker you don't have even 200 posts. You sure your qualified to run with this bunch? \:\) A fella with less than 200 posts probably thinks there is a difference between a crick and a ditch \:\)

Ya comin up to Mason City? I will hunt you up.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: k9.] #810001
07/30/08 08:25 AM
07/30/08 08:25 AM
K
k9. Offline
trapper
k9.  Offline
trapper
K

I will say this without getting into a peeing match, Waterford is right when he says

"you could spend all the money in the world on a certain bait but it wont catch a thing if its not in the right place...do your homework and set where theres sign, theres no easy way out or a magical bait that will bring the coon to your sets no matter where they are..."

That statement holds true for all animals. No matter what a fella spent on his bait, it needs to stall the animal on top of the trap and keep him there. But expecting it to draw an animal far off his travelway is expecting a lot.

Now back to dogging on Iowaminker. I got my haaircut just like yours Iaminker, you will not recognize me. You are a trendsetter and a good lookin hunk o man and I wanted to be like you.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: k9.] #810003
07/30/08 08:26 AM
07/30/08 08:26 AM
New York
F
Fire Fly Guy Offline
trapper
Fire Fly Guy  Offline
trapper
F

New York
I've browsed trough this post, and bottom line is.... The one thing everyone is forgetting.............................

Northern Coon are Smarter than Midwestern Coon....... What kind of Coon lives in a area with no trees???? Sezzzzz ;\)

Last edited by Fire Fly Guy; 07/30/08 08:26 AM.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: Fire Fly Guy] #810032
07/30/08 08:45 AM
07/30/08 08:45 AM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
so can anyone total up this whole post and tell me what the heck just happened in here? i dont have a couple hours to read 200 posts on this subject, than to find out it didnt add up to anything but the usuall bs. have a great day my trapping friends... :o) was the "secret" revealed?

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: wiggler] #810041
07/30/08 08:50 AM
07/30/08 08:50 AM

B
BuckNE
Unregistered
BuckNE
Unregistered
B

It is a 135 post thread about the merits of one coon lure over another, and whether there is such a thing.

Personally, I know for a fact a coon will eat anything, including a dirty diaper. When I lived out in the country and had baby grandkids visiting all the time, I learned not to put the dirty diapers in an unclosed container outside. The coons would shred them and have em drug all over the yard.

So there's your secret, unmatched, sure to make you rich, coon bait. Pocket sets baited with dirty diapers.

Re: Hanson Bait [Re: ] #810139
07/30/08 09:51 AM
07/30/08 09:51 AM
Wisconsin
Blackdog Offline
trapper
Blackdog  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Buck!! You let the "SECRET" out of the diaper!! Now I totally expect the market to flood!! Thanks a lot Buck!!LOL
Troy

Just ask your mommy...
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91