No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: white17] #8114359
04/04/24 01:53 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Originally Posted by white17
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
They had me do this annually. I finally told them I don't want this worthless waste of my time appointment any more.

WOW no wonder they asked if you had guns at home !! laugh

They never asked about guns. The nurse told me to remember three words, then she kept asking what they were. That was the cognitive part. She also asked if I get depressed, if I consider my life as being a happy one, and stuff like that. She asked nothing about guns though.

This is different than the annual physical I get with bloodwork and the whole nine yards including the finger instertion.

Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114361
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I had a berry picker try to commit suicide (pill overdose) last year and the paramedics stayed up the driveway until the sheriff deputies arrived because that is protocol. Took an extra 30 minutes to save the rascals life. Which they did thankfully.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114383
04/04/24 02:45 PM
04/04/24 02:45 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I go in Monday for my wellness check its no big deal. Don't think anyone is going to chip me. Won't learn much if they do.
Not sure what kind of system others have where they live? Im Fortune to live where we have two what I think of as very good health care centers. I'm within 2 miles of both so I guess I see the good more than the bad in that.
I don't know about others here. But I have been in charge of my own health care since turned 18. I mean making decisions about it. I don't think of doctors as someone just trying to screw me out of money. I was fortunate that in my early years I never got hurt bad when I didn't have insurance. I did have some small boo boos I paid out of pocket. But I didn't need to mortgage or pimp out myself to pay for it.
So now as old Medicare guy I go and I do my wellness check. Really not whole lot different that employer ask us to do with HRA. Only reason I did the HRA was it saved me $25 a month on my health insurance premium. So yes some where it's about money..
In the end we are all responsible for our own health care/well being that is.
They don't make me go anywhere I don't want to. I dont care what questions they ask I answer what I want how I want. That doesn't mean being nasty or snarky with someone who doesn't write the question. Just doing their job because been told to ask.
Flip side is I tell them what I think is maybe bothering me too. I will have them look at the lump where I pulled the tick off me the other day. I've done that even when the tick was on backside of the moon. Here get a good look close up look.. They have also found small cancer on me too that I need cut off. Wasn't going to do that myself with my Gerber even though I probably could have.
So anyways guys.
Relax go with the flow for cripe sake take care of yourself. If you want stay home and die do it. If you want to have a good buddy check you for ticks and he will???.. Do it.. LMAO

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up!"

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114477
04/04/24 05:49 PM
04/04/24 05:49 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I will be going for my 11th wellness exam in May. Do them annually. They send me a survey to complete asking several health related questions, which I complete and take in with me. I have not had other physicals as a general practice since my wellness started. I do have other appointments for other drs that are part of specific health issues. Never got asked about firearms etc. Questions have changed the last few years. I save my bigger health questions for the persons working with my specific health issues.

Brycer

Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114497
04/04/24 06:32 PM
04/04/24 06:32 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
The wellness check is the one they deposit at the bank!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: Boco] #8114520
04/04/24 07:10 PM
04/04/24 07:10 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Boco
They should withold the free money from people intentionally not following the protocol.

Free money?? You do drink the cool aid don't you?

Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114587
04/04/24 08:55 PM
04/04/24 08:55 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline OP
trapper
MJM  Offline OP
trapper
M

ND
I have been on Medicare for two years and I never heard of such a thing. I guess if there is nothing wrong with me I see no reason to go in and answer questions that have little to do with my health. If you dumb luck out and figure out there is a tick on your butt, on the way in to tell them you have a rubber bath mat in the tub, good for you. I was wondering if this was a nation wide scam or just a Minot ND plan to get a few more Medicare dollars. I feel I am fully capable of making an appointment if I think I have a need to talk or be seen by a doctor. I have been scheduled for a physical for just over six months. The wellness check was the 3rd and they called the 1st and ask if I could be there. They must have had an opening they needed to fill. I never saw a doctor at the wellness visit.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114594
04/04/24 09:07 PM
04/04/24 09:07 PM
St. Cloud, MN
trapperkeck Offline
trapper
trapperkeck  Offline
trapper

St. Cloud, MN
Originally Posted by MJM
I have been on Medicare for two years and I never heard of such a thing. I guess if there is nothing wrong with me I see no reason to go in and answer questions that have little to do with my health. If you dumb luck out and figure out there is a tick on your butt, on the way in to tell them you have a rubber bath mat in the tub, good for you. I was wondering if this was a nation wide scam or just a Minot ND plan to get a few more Medicare dollars. I feel I am fully capable of making an appointment if I think I have a need to talk or be seen by a doctor. I have been scheduled for a physical for just over six months. The wellness check was the 3rd and they called the 1st and ask if I could be there. They must have had an opening they needed to fill. I never saw a doctor at the wellness visit.

I have to say, I don't think there are enough doctors here to pull such a stunt. I'm lucky to get in to see a doc within a couple of weeks if I have a numb left arm and chest pains. With all the govt cash rolling into the medical system in MN for the "refugees", good luck making a splash on the radar as a medicare patient.

"The voice of reason!"
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114600
04/04/24 09:14 PM
04/04/24 09:14 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Had a Medicare exam a few years ago. Answered the questions. Doctor ordered an ultrasound. Found cancer in a kidney. Did colon exam and found cancer. Both were silent. I didn’t have a clue what was eating at me.

I am glad my doctor took the routine exam seriously. He is not a surgeon so he didn’t profit from my illness.

Re: Wellness checkup [Re: charles] #8114618
04/04/24 09:39 PM
04/04/24 09:39 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline OP
trapper
MJM  Offline OP
trapper
M

ND
Originally Posted by charles
Had a Medicare exam a few years ago. Answered the questions. Doctor ordered an ultrasound. Found cancer in a kidney. Did colon exam and found cancer. Both were silent. I didn’t have a clue what was eating at me.
I am glad my doctor took the routine exam seriously. He is not a surgeon so he didn’t profit from my illness.

What you missed is this was not an exam, and I never saw a doctor. A LPN did come in and take my blood pressure and listen to my heart and lungs. I have a physical 6 days and four hours after the wellness meeting.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114629
04/04/24 09:47 PM
04/04/24 09:47 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
About ten years ago, I was asked if there were any guns in my home.Doctor was a good friend, and he knew the answer. Said it was a required question. Haven’t heard that question since.

Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114630
04/04/24 09:48 PM
04/04/24 09:48 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Docs will always find something " wrong with you" if it's Gov/ insurance $$.
Biggest scam of all time.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114644
04/04/24 10:08 PM
04/04/24 10:08 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
My insurance hounds me to send a nurse to my house, on a wellness check: ask a bunch of stupid questions (don't know what they'll be doing when the young generation gets old, they don't know how to read an analog clock), blood pressure, pulse, respirations, urine sample, height, weight, calculate BMI, etc. then they credit my spending account for $50 bucks. I can just imagine what they charge Medicare for the visit. They have been refused for the last three years after the first one ... Ain't worth my time.

It seems they sent me a poop sample test in the mail too. Not doing that either ... both false positive and negative results?

I'm just looking for healthcare to be between my doctor and me.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114666
04/04/24 10:44 PM
04/04/24 10:44 PM
NC
Mac McAtee Offline
trapper
Mac McAtee  Offline
trapper

NC
Yep, a money machine for asking a few irrelevant questions. What do they think you will tell the doctor, "I'm just plain nuts. I'm scared of spiders."?

But, it's coming. You will be asked about the firearms in your house, how many and what kind. Just give them a few more months and that's what the doctor will be asking.

NCTA, FTA, FBU,NTA
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114669
04/04/24 10:52 PM
04/04/24 10:52 PM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
If they took the money out of it, they wouldn't do it at all.

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114685
04/04/24 11:35 PM
04/04/24 11:35 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
The gun question came up several years ago I don't think that it was very popular in many areas.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114756
04/05/24 06:33 AM
04/05/24 06:33 AM
Henry Co, IL
3togo Offline
trapper
3togo  Offline
trapper

Henry Co, IL
Weeks before my scheduled, annual physical (wellness checkup) I message my Dr's office and tell them what extra blood tests I want, and that I will have Labcorp do the blood draw, not the hospital. This can be done anytime more than one week ahead of your normal scheduled visit. You can simply request to come in before the regular appointment and have the blood draw done where ever you prefer.

I think what MJM got asked about is really a HOME wellness check. They send emails all the time asking if people want one, it's an option on Medicare Advantage plans. Nurse shows up and does a basic routine exam. Most people that use these visits probably have a more difficult time getting around than most of us.

Re: Wellness checkup [Re: MJM] #8114819
04/05/24 08:39 AM
04/05/24 08:39 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
They ask those questions here in the office along with memory tests at the same time it must be a regional thing maybe. I’m sure the memory thing comes after a certain age.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Wellness checkup [Re: Law Dog] #8114920
04/05/24 11:41 AM
04/05/24 11:41 AM
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Originally Posted by Law Dog
They ask those questions here in the office along with memory tests at the same time it must be a regional thing maybe. I’m sure the memory thing comes after a certain age.

It must be different in different places. Here the annual wellness check is separate from the annual physical. The wellness check here is to check ones state of mind, albeit happiness, depression, cognitive state, etc. The annual physical is where blood work is done as well as an in depth physical exam.

Re: Wellness checkup [Re: Paul Dobbins] #8114971
04/05/24 01:25 PM
04/05/24 01:25 PM
Iowa
S
slue-foot Offline
trapper
slue-foot  Offline
trapper
S

Iowa
My Dr. combines them both in the same office visit. I do the blood test draw a week before the Annual Physical/Wellness appointment that also is within the same week as my annual Cancer check-up so the blood test covers the physical and cancer check-up. I too asked about the Wellness questions on things that are none of Medicare's business and the Dr. said the forms never leave my personal files but they NEED to be there if Medicare ever requested them or information within. All my Dr./check-ups are done within the same time period because they know I don't like to come to town. Pretty sure that when everything is billed to Medicare and the secondary Insurance Company the claims are broken down into 3 separate Office visits.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread