No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Laziness [Re: coonman220] #8124849
04/19/24 12:30 PM
04/19/24 12:30 PM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Exercise is key. The old men you see walking down the road everyday live a long long time. Lazy is contagious (hard to break everyday habits, its actually an addiction) and gaining weight makes it worse. If you can't walk b/c of a bum leg try to do something that gets your heart rate beating fast for 20 minutes a day, every day. What you eat is important too so lay off the junk and start eating fresh fruit and vegetables. If you eat a grapefruit and and orange everyday by the third week I bet you'd be surprised how much better you feel. You can't eat junk, do nothing, lay around, and then wonder why you feel like junk. You ever sleep too long over a weekend and feel drowsy? The rest of life is like that too. There isn't a secret cure or magic pill. If you want to feel better than you do then you have to change what you do everyday. Your body is a machine and you only get out of it what you put into it. If you filled your truck with junk, itd run like crap too.

If you find that you are out of breath in short walks you should go see a heart dr. When your heart is plugged up your blood doesn't pump well which is how oxygen is delivered throughout the body so when its not pumping well your brain tells your body you are out of breath. It fools you into thinking that you need to sit down and take break and breath heavy. Take care of yourself. No one else is going to. Good luck.

Exercise helps with depression too... and increases T. Eat fruit and exercise and you will feel better in no time. If you are doing all of that already then go get a T count done.

T = Testosterone.

Re: Laziness [Re: OhioBoy] #8124878
04/19/24 01:31 PM
04/19/24 01:31 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Originally Posted by OhioBoy
Exercise is key. The old men you see walking down the road everyday live a long long time. Lazy is contagious (hard to break everyday habits, its actually an addiction) and gaining weight makes it worse. If you can't walk b/c of a bum leg try to do something that gets your heart rate beating fast for 20 minutes a day, every day. What you eat is important too so lay off the junk and start eating fresh fruit and vegetables. If you eat a grapefruit and and orange everyday by the third week I bet you'd be surprised how much better you feel. You can't eat junk, do nothing, lay around, and then wonder why you feel like junk. You ever sleep too long over a weekend and feel drowsy? The rest of life is like that too. There isn't a secret cure or magic pill. If you want to feel better than you do then you have to change what you do everyday. Your body is a machine and you only get out of it what you put into it. If you filled your truck with junk, itd run like crap too.

If you find that you are out of breath in short walks you should go see a heart dr. When your heart is plugged up your blood doesn't pump well which is how oxygen is delivered throughout the body so when its not pumping well your brain tells your body you are out of breath. It fools you into thinking that you need to sit down and take break and breath heavy. Take care of yourself. No one else is going to. Good luck.

Exercise helps with depression too... and increases T. Eat fruit and exercise and you will feel better in no time. If you are doing all of that already then go get a T count done.

T = Testosterone.

Sounds exactly right an to change things is not easy. To much sitting around at home with no energy. If not go work. Boring an no reason to get out bed early an just lay in bed for 2 more hrs , unfortunately this stuff can be a killer in not many yrs of time, I recently start on blood pressure pills to lower blood pressure as was doctor for eye trouble an discover high blood pressure

Last edited by coonman220; 04/19/24 01:36 PM.
Re: Laziness [Re: coonman220] #8125087
04/19/24 07:45 PM
04/19/24 07:45 PM
Iowa
S
slue-foot Offline
trapper
slue-foot  Offline
trapper
S

Iowa
How's your grass growing Dave? Seems like there is always work to be done on a lawn after street improvement.

Re: Laziness [Re: coonman220] #8125110
04/19/24 08:13 PM
04/19/24 08:13 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Just gonna cut grass for first time of season on Sunday. Where lawn was torn out it is spotty , they seeded it twice but didn't grow good because weather even with water it every day

Re: Laziness [Re: walleyed] #8125117
04/19/24 08:21 PM
04/19/24 08:21 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by walleyed
Spray some Fluid Film on the frame & undercarriage
of your Colorado to keep the rust down.

Pull your trapping hip boots out of the freezer
and check them for fold creases & dry rot.

Maybe get a belt sander and sand the
mold accumulation off your coon boards.

When you're done with these tasks check back here
and we'll have some more helpful tips to keep busy !!! laugh

You win! You're doing it right!

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Laziness [Re: coonman220] #8125139
04/19/24 08:43 PM
04/19/24 08:43 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Write a to-do list the night before. In the morning start on the list. You'll be amazed at how much you can get done when you have a list.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Laziness [Re: coonman220] #8125215
04/19/24 09:58 PM
04/19/24 09:58 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
A knee replacement would be great if could get over it in 6 wks time an be able walk long distances with no trouble or do lots more heavy work at job but that not way it works, good ole days are over is another matter, not lot look forward to, I pay my dish bill a couple weeks ago an got restored with more channels added an over half the time I can't find something get interested in or just no good, all reruns of course, u got spend more money to get better channels. Probly Cinemax an hbo. I recently got showtime ad on along with stars an encore I already have, showtime is not fantastic at all

Re: Laziness [Re: coonman220] #8125225
04/19/24 10:08 PM
04/19/24 10:08 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted by coonman220
I pay my dish bill a couple weeks ago an got restored with more channels added an over half the time I can't find something get interested in or just no good, all reruns of course, u got spend more money to get better channels. Probly Cinemax an hbo. I recently got showtime ad on along with stars an encore I already have, showtime is not fantastic at all

There's your problem, coonman !!!

Too much television, dude !!!

Get off the Boob-Tube & get active.

How can you afford that luxury when
you are already scraping to get by ?

Read a book, man !!!

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Laziness [Re: coonman220] #8125289
04/20/24 12:06 AM
04/20/24 12:06 AM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
I only watch it at nite or try

Re: Laziness [Re: coonman220] #8125299
04/20/24 12:59 AM
04/20/24 12:59 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Look to see if you have the series called "Justified". Great show.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Laziness [Re: waggler] #8125324
04/20/24 04:46 AM
04/20/24 04:46 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Originally Posted by waggler
Write a to-do list the night before. In the morning start on the list. You'll be amazed at how much you can get done when you have a list.

This is what I do. Works for me Dave

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread