No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: coondagger2] #8136960
05/10/24 09:11 AM
05/10/24 09:11 AM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by coondagger2
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Then coondagger2, what is the character of a man's heart that intentionally disobeys man's law? Even simple speed limit laws? Is that man's conscious clear? Is his heart truly pure in character?

No, I hate to break it to you, but none of our hearts are truly pure in character.

That's where Jesus comes into play.

God sent his Son to this Earth so that the Old Law was made New. No longer were the ceremonies and sacrifices necessary as they were in the Law of the Old Testament.

Jesus commended those that upheld the Law and He was very clear he did not come to do away with the Law. He came to fulfill it.

I definitely see where you are coming from, but I think it's a slippery slope. Remember when the Pharisees were so focused on the Law that they completely denied and ridiculed the presence and existence of the Messiah?

Let's not be like them.

Read Romans 10:4-13, Hebrews 10:1-7, Hebrews 9:10-14, Colossians 2:13-15.....there's some good stuff in there!

CD2,
I am very familiar with the above and I know none of our hearts are pure (I used that to try to clarify what I'm asking). See my above post from a few minutes ago....so I dont have to re-type it.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136963
05/10/24 09:15 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Foxpaw and Giant Sage,
I'm reading what your posting. Thanks.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136964
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
I guess I'm being as clear as mud.....

If you INTENTIONALLY break the laws of man (you know you did and dont really care)...then how does God look upon you?

The speed limit is not a real good example.

I looking beyond someone just driving over the speed limit incidentally. The guy that violates the law in a care-free manner and obviously knows he's wrong...

I realize no one is going to Hades for speeding. But what kind of judgement is the law breaker with no care that he has done so gonna get?

If a man doesn't care about breaking man's law, then how is his heart right to follow God's law? I know this is all in a man's conscious, but I'm wondering how God views that.

Can a man go through life basically being a poacher or a criminal and not receive judgement from God for that? As long as violations don't cross with God's laws?

Should a poacher or criminal not even be concerned about the crimes he has committed if he ever repents and ask for forgivness for his sins?

This brings me back to the original question. Is a violation of man's laws a sin in God's eyes?

There are a lot of stupid and even unconstitutional laws out there. My (admittedly somewhat simplistic) view is that God would not defend those laws.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: yotetrapper30] #8136972
05/10/24 09:38 AM
05/10/24 09:38 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Does a man with a conscious have the same feeling when he knowingly violates the laws of man as he does when he knowingly sins?

No. When a Christian sins, a feeling of shame is a natural reaction. You know your actions were a sin against God, and feel shame that you did whatever you did. I really don't think God will send me to hades for driving 5 miles over speed limit.

If I'm out hunting squirrel because my fridge has no food in it, and the limit is 6, but I shoot 8, and on the way home drop off 4 cleaned squirrels to the 85 year old widow lady down the street, I can promise you I will not be concerned over my immortal soul.

Several of you guys are setting up scenarios that describe some sort of justification for violating man's laws. Yall seem to be dodging what I'm really asking......

Lets try this: if you took those 8 squirrels because you wanted to and didn't drop off any to anyone. You killed them simply because you could and have no care that it was illegal....how will God look upon you?

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136995
05/10/24 10:16 AM
05/10/24 10:16 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

I'm learning more and more about how God looks upon a deceptive heart...
[Linked Image]

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136996
05/10/24 10:21 AM
05/10/24 10:21 AM
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

NC - Here there and everywhere
Several of you guys are setting up scenarios that describe some sort of justification for violating man's laws. Yall seem to be dodging what I'm really asking......

Lets try this: if you took those 8 squirrels because you wanted to and didn't drop off any to anyone. You killed them simply because you could and have no care that it was illegal....how will God look upon you?

I don't think God would write that down as "Shot over the limit of squirrels"

I think he would write that down as "Greed"

I think what others are trying to say is that not always does going against the law of man go against the Law of God

Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136999
05/10/24 10:32 AM
05/10/24 10:32 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I guess I'm being as clear as mud.....

If you INTENTIONALLY break the laws of man (you know you did and dont really care)...then how does God look upon you?

The speed limit is not a real good example.

I looking beyond someone just driving over the speed limit incidentally. The guy that violates the law in a care-free manner and obviously knows he's wrong...

I realize no one is going to Hades for speeding. But what kind of judgement is the law breaker with no care that he has done so gonna get?

If a man doesn't care about breaking man's law, then how is his heart right to follow God's law? I know this is all in a man's conscious, but I'm wondering how God views that.

Can a man go through life basically being a poacher or a criminal and not receive judgement from God for that? As long as violations don't cross with God's laws?

Should a poacher or criminal not even be concerned about the crimes he has committed if he ever repents and ask for forgivness for his sins?

This brings me back to the original question. Is a violation of man's laws a sin or anything to be concerned about in God's eyes?

Clearly our country disobeyed the government at the time, clearly we have been punished and blessed.

How did God see that?

-Goofy-
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137001
05/10/24 10:36 AM
05/10/24 10:36 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

....how will God look upon you?

The same as he does when you tell your kids about Santa Claus, with disgust.

-Goofy-
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: coondagger2] #8137017
05/10/24 11:00 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by coondagger2

I don't think God would write that down as "Shot over the limit of squirrels"

I think he would write that down as "Greed"

I think what others are trying to say is that not always does going against the law of man go against the Law of God

I'm not implying God would record that as "over the limit of squirrels"....lol. But, using your word "greed"....how is God gonna judge that man for that?

I also believe that God's law most definitely overrides man's laws.

I'm asking about when man intentionally violates for his own self interests.....how does God view that?

Wow...this seems to be as difficult for everyone to understand as it is for me.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8137018
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
....how will God look upon you?

The same as he does when you tell your kids about Santa Claus, with disgust.

Is that as far as it goes?

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137022
05/10/24 11:07 AM
05/10/24 11:07 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

He’s disgusted with our behavior period, it’s why He came here to give us a way out. That is after He basically started over the first time. lol

If you are concerned that you cheating on your taxes is going to keep you out of Heaven, don’t be.

-Goofy-
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8137029
05/10/24 11:15 AM
05/10/24 11:15 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

He’s disgusted with our behavior period, it’s why He came here to give us a way out. That is after He basically started over the first time. lol

If you are concerned that you cheating on your taxes is going to keep you out of Heaven, don’t be.

Lol

My inquiry is not about me. It's just a thought I've had for some time.

I personally know a preacher and others that profess to be Christians that have a near total disregard for wildlife laws. I'm trying not to judge them. I'm wanting to know if I missed something that I ought to know about.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137051
05/10/24 11:48 AM
05/10/24 11:48 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy

Lol

My inquiry is not about me. It's just a thought I've had for some time.

I personally know a preacher and others that profess to be Christians that have a near total disregard for wildlife laws. I'm trying not to judge them. I'm wanting to know if I missed something that I ought to know about.

I think Hobbie had it right .
If you are partaking in the benefits of society. You should render to Ceasar what is Ceasars.
In doing so you are loving your neighbor. Which is like loving God.
I

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137057
05/10/24 12:04 PM
05/10/24 12:04 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Sometimes we seek answers to questions that no man can provide.

For those men (and women) that intentionally violate the laws of man as if they mean nothing and for no other reason other than their own selfishness or greediness.....may their conscious become their guide and God have mercy on them.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137071
05/10/24 12:35 PM
05/10/24 12:35 PM
Nebraska
silkyplainscoyot Offline
trapper
silkyplainscoyot  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Didn't read all posts but the simple answer is, yes. What you read in Romans stands whether we agree with it or not. The scriptures point out that the only time we don't follow man's laws is when they try to make laws that violate God's law or standards.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: silkyplainscoyot] #8137074
05/10/24 12:38 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by silkyplainscoyot
Didn't read all posts but the simple answer is, yes. What you read in Romans stands whether we agree with it or not. The scriptures point out that the only time we don't follow man's laws is when they try to make laws that violate God's law or standards.

From my limited research....I've interpreted that you are correct and I firmly believe this.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137075
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I'm thinking many of the wrong things we do have their consequences in the here and now and it goes no further. For those that do follow us for the born again believer at the Judgement Seat Of Christ the bad ones are burned up. If not born again then off to the Great White Throne Judgement. So many think it makes no difference so might as well be bad all the way. After all we preach good works won't get you into heaven.

Jacob lied to and stole from his brother, deceived his father, married two sisters and took on their slaves as his concubines, abused at least one of his wives, sowed enmity among his sons, and refused to defend his daughter against a rapist. He got paid back in kind many times. How would you feel if you worked for a pretty girl 7 yrs only to get the ugly one. We pull our sins behind us as with cart ropes and when things go downhill they catch up quickly for payback.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Foxpaw] #8137080
05/10/24 12:47 PM
05/10/24 12:47 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I'm thinking many of the wrong things we do have their consequences in the here and now and it goes no further. For those that do follow us for the born again believer at the Judgement Seat Of Christ the bad ones are burned up. If not born again then off to the Great White Throne Judgement. So many think it makes no difference so might as well be bad all the way. After all we preach good works won't get you into heaven.

Jacob lied to and stole from his brother, deceived his father, married two sisters and took on their slaves as his concubines, abused at least one of his wives, sowed enmity among his sons, and refused to defend his daughter against a rapist. He got paid back in kind many times. How would you feel if you worked for a pretty girl 7 yrs only to get the ugly one. We pull our sins behind us as with cart ropes and when things go downhill they catch up quickly for payback.

Don't forget
Took his brother buy the heel.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: silkyplainscoyot] #8137085
05/10/24 12:53 PM
05/10/24 12:53 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by silkyplainscoyot

A good example is when Daniel was told not to pray to his God and opened the window and prayed anyway. And/or when the 3 Hebrew children got thrown in the furnace for refusing to bow to the kings image.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Diggerman] #8137122
05/10/24 02:28 PM
05/10/24 02:28 PM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Originally Posted by Diggerman
I you willingly and knowingly violate the laws of God, are you committing sin in the eyes of the law?

Adultery isnt against man’s law. Maybe it should be.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread